• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs. Browns

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Yep good defense and not giving up picks and fumbles is a good way to win this game. I’m really scared about our lack of ball security, we’ve been good enough to get by with the fumbles but it’ll come back to haunt us 100%
absolutely will in a close game and these divisional games tend to be one score games.

JAAM

Hall of Famer

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
Hes also best at causing fumbles

Yeah but the fumbles are mental error that's understandable. Him and Lamar just need to be on the same page when it comes to the Mesh Point type plays. Outside of that I think Hill is a solid running back. This is not a Melvin Gordon type issue

Tank

Hall of Famer
Yeah but the fumbles are mental error that's understandable. Him and Lamar just need to be on the same page when it comes to the Mesh Point type plays. Outside of that I think Hill is a solid running back. This is not a Melvin Gordon type issue
I like all 3 of our RBs, although I think Gus and K should get the bulk of the workload.

Tank

Hall of Famer
for sure
but there's also a reason hill had twice as many snaps as gus and mitchell put together last week... he's the guy they trust in pass pro and coming out of the backfield
Guess they needed the extra blocker more often last week.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm going to be there for this one. I have a winning record when attending games. Youre welcome or my apologies in advance.
Awww damn! :brickwall: :D :cool:

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Guess they needed the extra blocker more often last week.
With the Browns DLine I somehow expect that to also be the case this week.

I say that because although @rmcjacket23 loves their roster talent I have always been somewhat skeptical. For example, the DLine is the only unit on their defense I think is strictly better than the Ravens. Give me Smith/Queen and the collection of OLBs the Ravens have plus the Ravens secondary on both fronts as better. However that defensive line is their biggest strength and the only reason they are in the same conversation as the Ravens for the NFL's best defense.

Honestly though this game should be one sided because while the defenses are close the offenses are not. Lamar outclasses Watson (who is a bottom 5 QB right now). Chubb would be by far the best RB in this game (think he has HoF potential) but he is out so without him the RB room favors the Ravens. The Ravens TE group outclasses the Browns. The WR room is close in that I really like Cooper but do not like ANYONE they have behind him. Both OLInes when healthy are about equal but the Browns are REALLY not healthy on the OLine right now (both starting Ts out and I believe their primary backup is out this week as well).

The Browns are a very Icarus tale in that they had a solid roster with no clear weaknesses but wanted to try and go from an average starting QB to a top 10 QB and gave up their future and reputation to do it and it turns out the guy they got was actually an awful QB as well as an awful human being. If they had signed Baker to a 3 year 60m contract extension then they have all those draft picks and are Super Bowl contenders for the next 5-6 years. Instead, now they have no real future draft capital, have the largest QB cap hit in history each of the next 3 years fully guaranteed, and so are going to be worse each of the next 3 years, but this year they are a fringe playoff contender.

The NFL wanted to stick it to the Browns and did by giving Watson enough of a suspension that it would be punitive but not toll his contract and now they are no longer a real threat after this year because of it. They are a worse version of the Broncos in every way and it makes me smile every single time I think about it.