• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs. Browns

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Damn, some of you guys are pessimistic this week. I thought I was bad. I just don’t see Watson doing much against our defense. I think we win at The Bank this week.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I don't think he ever did with the ravens during the regular season but I wish him much success. Glad he got another chance on another team
i'm sure you are glad it's with the Browns because now he can toss some picks to us on Sunday.

Next week he will be cut and picked up by the Bengals

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Damn, some of you guys are pessimistic this week. I thought I was bad. I just don’t see Watson doing much against our defense. I think we win at The Bank this week.
Yea I’ve seen a lot of Watson since he’s been a brown and he just looks bad, even in their wins, he has not looked good. Some of their fans have irked me given their delusions that they’d have won the first game and that their roster is better than ours, etc. This team has never once won the AFCN, not even once in 20 years, you don’t get to talk like that when you’re that bad. We need to stomp them and show them as the pretenders they are.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yea I’ve seen a lot of Watson since he’s been a brown and he just looks bad, even in their wins, he has not looked good. Some of their fans have irked me given their delusions that they’d have won the first game and that their roster is better than ours, etc. This team has never once won the AFCN, not even once in 20 years, you don’t get to talk like that when you’re that bad. We need to stomp them and show them as the pretenders they are.
So they're not wrong that their roster is better than ours. They just have some significant injuries and Watson/Stefanski are a significant downgrade from Lamar/Harbaugh (despite what people think about Harbaugh)

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
So they're not wrong that their roster is better than ours. They just have some significant injuries and Watson/Stefanski are a significant downgrade from Lamar/Harbaugh (despite what people think about Harbaugh)
I’d agree, I think I’d take our skill positions on offense too outside of Chubb

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
With Garrett's recent comments about picking Burrow over Lamar, I fully expect Lamar to have a mid/ehhh type of performance. Hopefully, we stay disciplined.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’d agree, I think I’d take our skill positions on offense too outside of Chubb
Think it's largely a wash. Cooper is the best WR on the field, and they have very capable guys like Moore as second options. They're just a run-heavy approach.
When healthy, they have possibly the best Oline in football. They just haven't been healthy, and they're missing Chubb.

Defenses are largely a wash to me. So in aggregate, really just comes down to QB and coaching. Ravens have the advantage there.

If I were a betting man (which I definitely am), I wouldn't feel great about this game, but I'd take Cleveland @ +6-6.5. As great as we've played the last 3-4 weeks against NFC and non-divisional opponents, these AFCN games just lean very close historically, regardless of skills, records, etc. Just aren't many blowouts. Everybody in the division knows how to play everybody about the same. It's just an execution thing. There really aren't any "surprises" in these games.

I do think the Browns being without their top 3 Olineman is a pretty big deal though. Don't think that's getting enough attention nationally. Think the national media sleeps on the fact that the Ravens don't have any singular dominant pass rushers (like a Myles Garrett), but if our pass rush is as good as it's been this year, that's a major factor in this game.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
With Garrett's recent comments about picking Burrow over Lamar, I fully expect Lamar to have a mid/ehhh type of performance. Hopefully, we stay disciplined.
You think he’ll try to hero ball it too much to prove a point? Idk, I can see him having a good air day ideally, time to get Zay and Odell going (or any combination of WRs).

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Think it's largely a wash. Cooper is the best WR on the field, and they have very capable guys like Moore as second options. They're just a run-heavy approach.
When healthy, they have possibly the best Oline in football. They just haven't been healthy, and they're missing Chubb.

Defenses are largely a wash to me. So in aggregate, really just comes down to QB and coaching. Ravens have the advantage there.

If I were a betting man (which I definitely am), I wouldn't feel great about this game, but I'd take Cleveland @ +6-6.5. As great as we've played the last 3-4 weeks against NFC and non-divisional opponents, these AFCN games just lean very close historically, regardless of skills, records, etc. Just aren't many blowouts. Everybody in the division knows how to play everybody about the same. It's just an execution thing. There's really any "surprises" in these games.

I do think the Browns being without their top 3 Olineman is a pretty big deal though. Don't think that's getting enough attention nationally. Think the national media sleeps on the fact that the Ravens don't have any singular dominant pass rushers (like a Myles Garrett), but if our pass rush is as good as it's been this year, that's a major factor in this game.
You’re probably right, but if our defense really is as good as it’s shown, and our offense is top 5, I think we’ve broken into 2019 mode and we can start beating down division opponents by two scores as well. I’m fine winning a close one against Cleveland tho if it means we demolish Cincinnati on TNF

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
You’re probably right, but if our defense really is as good as it’s shown, and our offense is top 5, I think we’ve broken into 2019 mode and we can start beating down division opponents by two scores as well. I’m fine winning a close one against Cleveland tho if it means we demolish Cincinnati on TNF
I mean just throwing this out there, but in 2019:
5-1 in the division.
Got beat by 15 at home by the Browns
Steelers started Mason Rudolph and Devlin Hodges in both games (and we only beat them by three with Rudolph)
Bengals didn't have Burrow. We beat Dalton by 6 and beat Ryan Finley by 36.

Might have been the worst AFC North has been in like two decades. Only one team over .500. Browns and Bengals were downright bad.

2019 team beat down bad teams. There aren't any real "bad teams" in the AFCN this year.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
I mean just throwing this out there, but in 2019:
5-1 in the division.
Got beat by 15 at home by the Browns
Steelers started Mason Rudolph and Devlin Hodges in both games (and we only beat them by three with Rudolph)
Bengals didn't have Burrow. We beat Dalton by 6 and beat Ryan Finley by 36.

Might have been the worst AFC North has been in like two decades. Only one team over .500. Browns and Bengals were downright bad.

2019 team beat down bad teams. There aren't any real "bad teams" in the AFCN this year.
That’s good context, I think they had some big wins the following years, I know Burrow’s first game against Wink was bad, and one year we blew out the Browns week 1 at home.

I’m gonna take Ravens -6.5 on Sunday, I’ll report back to you.

Simba

Staff Member
Might be a rare no PS elevation game. With a nearly fully healthy 53, I don't see anyone that makes sense. Maybe you'd see Kevon Seymour for ST but he's hurt.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
Their oline is in shambles, we are about to give Watson a hate massage, Baltimore style.
We should have done it last year in the December game and we missed our chance. Get double revenge. It’s beyond me how playsrs, espically those with daughters, don’t target watson with dirty hits cuz I know I would. KVN has a daughter and is a good guy, let’s see a knockout hit.

Never root for players to get hurt, unless they are sex offenders.