• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Missed Tackles, the Injuries and the Special Teams

Simba

Staff Member
There's been a good amount of discussions in the last few months about the Ravens approach to evaluating Olineman, and that most people think there should be an emphasis on getting more "athletic" Olineman on this team.
Wouldn't be surprised if it starts to transition that way. Ran the ZBS and had uber athletic dudes for awhile, and then transitioned to the hog mollies for Roman. With Monken running less 22 personnel, more athleticism makes sense in theory.

GodIsGreat

Veteran
Moses has been really good all season, Zeitler's right back to playing like Zeitler, Linderbaum's great, Simpson's been average and even Ronnie's been pretty solid a lot of the time. Add in Mekari as a pretty good back up and there's a lot of teams would love to have our O line
This only good lineman are tyler, morgan

rest are average or not good, ronnie is inconcsient and regressing, maybe Its me watching eagle,lion games that make me think the line isn't so good

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
There's been a good amount of discussions in the last few months about the Ravens approach to evaluating Olineman, and that most people think there should be an emphasis on getting more "athletic" Olineman on this team.
They want to move in that direction and why they drafted Linderbaum. We just need to keep going in that direction starting with Stanley's position who is like a statue out there now.

That loss to the Browns after being up by 14 pts at least 4x in that game (I believe) was not a good look for a division leader and 2nd place team in the entire AFC. That was fuggggly!
Definitely not a good look. They have got to clean up the mistakes if they are to be a serious contender in the post season. 2 picks, a dropped pass in the EZ, a blocked FG. Take away any one of those and we win that game. Take away all of those and it’s a blowout.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Definitely not a good look. They have got to clean up the mistakes if they are to be a serious contender in the post season. 2 picks, a dropped pass in the EZ, a blocked FG. Take away any one of those and we win that game. Take away all of those and it’s a blowout.
About the dropped pass thing; I think if you go back and look at it the defender was face guarding Mitchell. I don't think he really saw much of the ball until it hit him.

GodIsGreat

Veteran
I don't think he really saw much of the ball until it hit him.
touches your hand gotta catch that, but watching film it seems it was a designed wheel route but man lamar shoud've took the checkdown to bate lb facing mitchell , could've been a td

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
About the dropped pass thing; I think if you go back and look at it the defender was face guarding Mitchell. I don't think he really saw much of the ball until it hit him.
I'd agree with that. If we had just used Keaton in the 2nd half we would have won this game . I believe that.

Eeh maybe. I actually thought the defender deflected it at first but looking at it again he clearly didn’t. Should have caught that one but either way, if he catches it we win the game.

Hard to know that we win, but yeah.

K is a 21yo. UDFA playing in his 2nd game, I'm givin' him a pass.
Well yeah he gets a pass from me as well. I’m not slamming him I’m just sayin. It was one of many things that game that added up to a loss.

RavenRockaRolla

Practice Squad
It should be clear to all but the most zealot backer that Lamar Jackson is a run oriented QB and a dink dunker underneath kind of thrower. He can hit a receiver that breaks wide open but hes not an adept downfield thrower. We all know that. If the Ravens need to win the game with Lamar throwing. Its not likely to happen and the playoffs will shed light on that.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
It should be clear to all but the most zealot backer that Lamar Jackson is a run oriented QB and a dink dunker underneath kind of thrower. He can hit a receiver that breaks wide open but hes not an adept downfield thrower. We all know that. If the Ravens need to win the game with Lamar throwing. Its not likely to happen and the playoffs will shed light on that.
You only come around during the bad times, Bernard Pollard. How about you show up when we win and Lamar lights it up with his arm?

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Whatever way the wind blows, so go the blow hards.
We like to give them ammo with all these pendulum swings.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
You only come around during the bad times, Bernard Pollard. How about you show up when we win and Lamar lights it up with his arm?
Woah woah woah leave Bernard out of this. That man single handedly altered four NE post seasons by injuring different patriot players.

Not the hero we wanted, but one the NFL needed. RIP Brady’s knee, Welker’ MCL, Ridley’s Brain, and Gronks Ankle.

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler
This only good lineman are tyler, morgan

rest are average or not good, ronnie is inconcsient and regressing, maybe Its me watching eagle,lion games that make me think the line isn't so good
Well, the Eagles and the Lions have two of the best O Lines in the NFL. Ours isn't up to those standards but that doesn't make it bad.

Their fans will be looking at our linebackers and complaining, because that's where teams attack both of them. No team is perfect.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
If the Texans can beat the Bengals at home, we should be able to beat them. They have not been impressive this season. Shit, any given Sunday, this is just me talking to myself. I am nervous aboutThursday, as I can’t comprehend dealing with two losses in 5 days. I would be no good.