• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Good, the Bad and the Injuries - Bengals Edition

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
So as for the game itself.....

Offense: 4th time in 5 games they scored 30 points. Seahawks defense was relatively healthy. From my understanding (could be wrong), but the same can be said about the Lions and Cardinals. Needless to say, I don't give AF that the Bengals had injuries. We still need to put points up. Running game looked good. While it's still fuck Logan Wilson, Lamar has himself to blame for that ankle injury scare. Should've easily just throw the ball away. WRs looked good as well. Heck, we even saw a Kolar sighting. Most importantly, I don't think we turned the ball over once last night. Overall grade: A

Defense: They played better than last week, but I don't think it was all that great. While run defense looked subpar AGAIN, I think they were defending the long pass and daring them to beat us with the run game which seems to be the case every time we play them. Sucks that Stephens allowed a TD, but he held more than his own against Chase. Still unacceptable to let off the gas on that garbage time TD. I hold these fuckers to high standards since they want to be hyped up as such. Overall grade: C

All in all a good game and a great win. Sucks losing Andrews tho.

The good Lamar showed up last night. Life is so much better with zero turnovers. 267 yards passing, 2 TD. He also contributed in the run game with 54 on 9 Carries. Another overthrow on a go route to OBJ, but man OBJ has def lost a step or 2. His YAC’s are making up for the lack of speed tho. Hopefully both are 100% for chargers game.

Good to see Bate finally get into the EZ. Also, Mitchell is continuing to grow. Glad to see him with more touches. Looks like he’s going to be a weapon in the passing game as well.

The D played better in the 2nd half but still look a bit weak in the run game at times. Good job with Chase.

Bye couldn’t come at a better time with Lamar and OBJ both with minor dings (hopefully).

redrum52

Hall of Famer
When the Bengals say they would have won if Burrow was healthy

IMG7649979098902715794.gif

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler
Likely has the ability but like you said, he looks lost. Could it be a football iq thing or even maybe just isnt comfortable
I'm not too worried about Likely. Other than the drop on the scramble drill I didn't think he looked particularly lost either.

I'm not sure Lamar fully trusts him yet, but that could be a LJ thing - his trust is hard to earn - but I do think Likely has the talent to do it. Another positive for that connection is that Lamar and him seem to get along off the field.

Likely's probably spent all season focusing on doing TE2 things but luckily he's got a lot of time to learn the Andrews role. He showed with Huntley that he can be an NFL quality TE1.

The Chemistry thing is a big loss. The 11 sec play would have been a TD if Andrews was on the field.

I wonder who is going to emerge as the new go to in those situations? Maybe Agholor? Him and Lamar seem to see things with the same eyes.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
If we wanna replace andrews, we gotta use all of our receivers on more short passes, we gotta get separation and YAC. Beckham is now a possession style receiver, continue using him as such, more zay flowers on whips and slants etc. and let’s make Bateman a priority now too, the ONE guy on this offense who is gonna eat up targets just went down for the year, we have multiple guys who are deserving of a shit ton more targets, we might work this out but we have no more room for injury. Put the ball in keatons hand too, that’s another one that can spark the offense without andrews.

And I’m at the point where I’d say the single biggest problem we face is Lamar missing deep balls. All the other shit means nothing and we’re undefeated if Lamar connects on just one of his multiple missed deep throws every week. The drops happened, but the misses have been far more frequent.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Madubuike, Oweh looking the real deal - madubuike's gonna cost a shit-ton - but he'll be worth it... no way you let someone that good on the interior leave
Clowney and Van Noy looking good too
Tavius Robinson sack was a good look for him moving forwards

no signs that this defence is going to take any steps back even without marlo (for however long he's out)

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Bengals should expect sanctions from the league next week. The video of Burrow's wrist before the game, and then the same wrist causing him to exit the game seem to be a pretty clear-cut case of cheating the injury report rules
absolutely should have sanctions and there are rules regarding not listing a player on the injury report. Lets see what happens ....

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I really hope Dobbins who was rehabbing with Rodgers saw the same doctor and got the miracle surgery that somehow will bring Rodgers back early. Now we need to send Andrews to him so we can get him back for the playoffs.
he did and had the same surgery. That being said, I doubt he's available for the playoffs and that includes Aaron Rodgers who wants to come back by mid December.