• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: Bye Week

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
We will likely enter week 14 as a 3 seed behind JAX and MIA.

That's OK. We'll have the opportunity to hand them big Ls in coming weeks.

Was there ever a contender that had to play three teams with 9-3 records in last 4 weeks?

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
I know we had a great bye week (could even get better tonight) but I feel sad after that Flacco INT lol. I was cheering for him to get the game winning drive, it’s so confusing

I know we had a great bye week (could even get better tonight) but I feel sad after that Flacco INT lol. I was cheering for him to get the game winning drive, it’s so confusing

Haha everyone rooting for Flacco and the Browns are crazy.

Trust me, I appreciate Flacco for what he did for this franchise. I lived through the Boller, Redman, Anthony Wright eras but I was never rooting for Flacco to pull out a win yesterday.

To me, that was typical Flacco. Keep the game close and choke when it mattered most.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Haha everyone rooting for Flacco and the Browns are crazy.

Trust me, I appreciate Flacco for what he did for this franchise. I lived through the Boller, Redman, Anthony Wright eras but I was never rooting for Flacco to pull out a win yesterday.

To me, that was typical Flacco. Keep the game close and choke when it mattered most.
Haha I know, it’s difficult, it hurts me when he plays bad even if he’s on a different team, he’s just my favorite player. Probably best outcome yesterday, he played decent and Browns lost. I’m really enjoying the Browns fans takes , things like

-This is the most competent QB play we’ve ever seen and it’s been one drive
-Seen enough, build the statue
-This nullifies the rust excuses from Watson
-Best throws we’ve seen all year and it’s been 3 drives
-He’s so relaxed

GodIsGreat

Veteran
If the Ravens win out they will get a week off. Why don't you want them to get the 1 seed?
its a physical rest of the games if they win out they do deserve some rest, but if they lose a couple and still get the #1 seed would rather them play in the wildcard, with how 19 played out

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
its a physical rest of the games if they win out they do deserve some rest, but if they lose a couple and still get the #1 seed would rather them play in the wildcard, with how 19 played out
2019 had some context. Ingram was injured and although he played he had few carries and Mark Andrews was playing but he also was playing with an injury. Add in and many of the starters didn't play vs the Steelers in the last week of the season. So they actually had 3 weeks from the last game they played until the playoff game.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
2019 had some context. Ingram was injured and although he played he had few carries and Mark Andrews was playing but he also was playing with an injury. Add in and many of the starters didn't play vs the Steelers in the last week of the season. So they actually had 3 weeks from the last game they played until the playoff game.

and the drops in that game. jesus man lol

GodIsGreat

Veteran
Add in and many of the starters didn't play vs the Steelers in the last week of the season. So they actually had 3 weeks from the last game they played until the playoff game.
If they do get #1 seed do they play against steelers with their starters?

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
If they do get #1 seed do they play against steelers with their starters?
Absolutely, I’ve seen people say they don’t want the 1 because of 2019 but that’s just paranoia, it absolutely increases our probability of reaching the super bowl solely by means of eliminating an additional game. I think that outweighs any potential rust factor, and I think improved health and stamina outweighs any rust factor regardless. It sucks the 2 seed used to be a bye because we’d be looking really good right now for a bye

Simba

Staff Member
Absolutely, I’ve seen people say they don’t want the 1 because of 2019 but that’s just paranoia, it absolutely increases our probability of reaching the super bowl solely by means of eliminating an additional game. I think that outweighs any potential rust factor, and I think improved health and stamina outweighs any rust factor regardless. It sucks the 2 seed used to be a bye because we’d be looking really good right now for a bye
Yeah give me the 1 seed and I'll play my starters for a portion of the final week. Don't think the bye had as much to do with as it was the bye combined with playing as little people of value as possible in the last game.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
not only that, but the AFCCG would be in our house.