• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Resolved Ban political discussions please

Should political discussion be allowed on PurpleFlock? In a thread VS a dedicated section?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Raven

Veteran
I'm honestly having a hard time deciding which would be the worst case scenario. That our elected officials are idiots, or that they're corrupt. :p

From personal experience, incompetency is worse. At least with corruption, there's some chance that the greater good may benefit (think LBJ with his Great Society programs). With incompetency, no good comes from anything.

supertolerator

Staff Member
Administrator
I think if we're going to discuss, we need a dedicated thread.
Would you guys rather have a dedicated thread in the Off-Topic section, or a dedicated section where you can post threads having to do with politics?

Because I think at this point with the poll being split half and half, we should have political discussion be allowed, and see if it works and stays civil.

K-Dog

MVP
Would you guys rather have a dedicated thread in the Off-Topic section, or a dedicated section where you can post threads having to do with politics?

Because I think at this point with the poll being split half and half, we should have political discussion be allowed, and see if it works and stays civil.

I think it should be it own section with clear and concise rules and regulations and clear and concise consequence for being a troll or an ass hole.

Also I think to reduce trolls you should have a minimum post count to participate in any way shape or form.

Things get heated when things get personal "lib-tard" and phrases like that definitely are counter productive.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer

Like, with the Kaep thread, it's turned political and if that's what it's going to be, then that's fine. I don't know if we necessarily need a dedicated political thread, but we need to understand that there are threads that are going to be political in nature and any politics go in there, not in like the Offensive Play Calling thread.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I think it should be it own section with clear and concise rules and regulations and clear and concise consequence for being a troll or an ass hole.

Also I think to reduce trolls you should have a minimum post count to participate in any way shape or form.

Things get heated when things get personal "lib-tard" and phrases like that definitely are counter productive.
And the rest of us will know which sections to avoid.

K-Dog

MVP
Like, with the Kaep thread, it's turned political and if that's what it's going to be, then that's fine. I don't know if we necessarily need a dedicated political thread, but we need to understand that there are threads that are going to be political in nature and any politics go in there, not in like the Offensive Play Calling thread.

I disagree. The Kap thread has swayed too far off topic. What Kap did aside the thread was about a reporters suggestion of Kap being a Raven. The thread was not about socks, kneeling, protests or racism.
If Kap were to come to Baltimore it would be as a quarterback not a politician.
That thread has gotten so cluttered with crap that has nothing to do with the original post.

Threads will sway from time to time, but really should stay on topic.

ThatsMyJoeTerback

Ravens Ring of Honor
Because politics today is so polarizing and name-calling, unfortunately, is a huge part of discussion today whether we like it or not, I don't think we should be allowed to talk politics.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Because politics today is so polarizing and name-calling, unfortunately, is a huge part of discussion today whether we like it or not, I don't think we should be allowed to talk politics.
It's almost as bad as our Flacco debates, lol.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
I disagree. The Kap thread has swayed too far off topic. What Kap did aside the thread was about a reporters suggestion of Kap being a Raven. The thread was not about socks, kneeling, protests or racism.
If Kap were to come to Baltimore it would be as a quarterback not a politician.
That thread has gotten so cluttered with crap that has nothing to do with the original post.

Threads will sway from time to time, but really should stay on topic.
The title of the thread starts with "Crap Speculation..." I mean, how much more is there really to say? It's not an open ended topic. Should we all sit around and go, "Yeah, what a terrible move that would be..." At least with it being a political thread of sorts, it has life.

K-Dog

MVP
The title of the thread starts with "Crap Speculation..." I mean, how much more is there really to say? It's not an open ended topic. Should we all sit around and go, "Yeah, what a terrible move that would be..." At least with it being a political thread of sorts, it has life.

*shrugs*
Whatever. Your boards not mine.

The Raven

Veteran
I don't see a need to dedicate a whole section to politics. A lone thread in off-topic should probably suffice. People looking for more than that on a Ravens board should probably just go to Reddit for political discussion.

supertolerator

Staff Member
Administrator
I have added two more answers to the poll having to do with whether a dedicated section or dedicated thread should be made. Be sure to vote!

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
I have added two more answers to the poll having to do with whether a dedicated section or dedicated thread should be made. Be sure to vote!

I have changed my vote from Don't Care to Just One Thread but yes any type of namecalling like another poster said "libtards" is unacceptable. Just good pertinent discussion and just facts are facts but I've never seen politization like the USA is going thru now and this could be a good way to see both ends of the spectrum. Hell we already know we goy carnivores and herbivores on here.

supertolerator

Staff Member
Administrator
I have changed my vote from Don't Care to Just One Thread but yes any type of namecalling like another poster said "libtards" is unacceptable. Just good pertinent discussion and just facts are facts but I've never seen politization like the USA is going thru now and this could be a good way to see both ends of the spectrum. Hell we already know we goy carnivores and herbivores on here.
You can vote for two options by the way :p

K-Dog

MVP
I'm actually curious; what exactly were you expecting when you made a thread about Kaep?
Talk about the player.
Is that an unreasonable expectation ?
Not the causes the player supports. Not racism. Not socks.

If I were to start a thread about Haloti Nagata would it be strange to talk about how chickens are raised so they can be slaughtered and shipped to Royal Farms so he can sell their fried chicken ?
Would it not be reasonable for a thread about Haloti Nagata be about football and not chicken ?

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Talk about the player.
Is that an unreasonable expectation ?
Not the causes the player supports. Not racism. Not socks.

If I were to start a thread about Haloti Nagata would it be strange to talk about how chickens are raised so they can be slaughtered and shipped to Royal Farms so he can sell their fried chicken ?
Would it not be reasonable for a thread about Haloti Nagata be about football and not chicken ?
You're telling me that in this thread that basically amounted to "Do not sign Kaep," you never once expected someone to bring up his kneeling as a reason to not sign him? You're not that naive, are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.