• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2024 OL Thread

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor

These Jordan Morgan highlights looking pretty juicy.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

These Jordan Morgan highlights looking pretty juicy.

i mean highlights are highlights lol
think he's more of a 2nd round type guy for me - a bit choppy with his feet in pass pro and doesnt always get to his landmarks - generally lacks consistency

but really toolsy guy - seen people suggest he move inside and i definitely see a world where a move inside helps mitigate some of his issues

i like him but for me, right now, he's my OT11 (still graded as a 2nd round type lol - this OL class is loaded)

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
guyton's got nice traits for sure but dude's really raw
not sure morgan's got the range to play tackle on an island
yeah, Guyton has some really inconsistent hand placement and sometimes gets to the 2nd level too fast and wiffs. sometimes has too much trouble getting his hands inside, but his feet are really good and he's very athletic. Dude has some serious upside, but it could take a couple years.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
yeah, Guyton has some really inconsistent hand placement and sometimes gets to the 2nd level too fast and wiffs. sometimes has too much trouble getting his hands inside, but his feet are really good and he's very athletic. Dude has some serious upside, but it could take a couple years.

I flip flop with guyton - ironically as I get further down the tackle pool and start doing third go-rounds on some of the day 2 guys he looks better by comparison - still a mess at times but not in the way some of these other guys are/hes a completely different level of athlete to these other guys

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
How do we feel about JC Latham? I don’t see enough on tape to think he’d be taken before we’re on the clock and I’m not certain he’d be a guy I want with the 30th pick. Stiff hips and stomping feet.

Also looking at the penalty chart Mania posted above, he’s the 2nd most penalized per snap of the ranked OTs

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Got Mims as a #SIIE candidate. :fire: :flame::fire: :flame::fire: :flame:
How do we feel about JC Latham? I don’t see enough on tape to think he’d be taken before we’re on the clock and I’m not certain he’d be a guy I want with the 30th pick. Stiff hips and stomping feet.

Also looking at the penalty chart Mania posted above, he’s the 2nd most penalized per snap of the ranked OTs
I do like Latham. He's technologically sound and has been given the nickname TK for Trench King.

He is far from a perfect prospect but he has the tools to be a a very good tackle in the NFL. I also believe he can play all over the OL, but is better suited on the right side. He started in the SEC over the last 2 seasons and his freshmen year he played 135 snaps as backup right guard. His pass protection is very solid and he's very good as a run blocker as well. I doubt he falls to us, but if he were there I'd run the pick to the podium.

Also regarding the penalties. He only had 18 penalties over the last two seasons, which included 7 false starts and 6 holding penalties.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I do like Latham. He's technologically sound and has been given the nickname TK for Trench King.

He is far from a perfect prospect but he has the tools to be a a very good tackle in the NFL. I also believe he can play all over the OL, but is better suited on the right side. He started in the SEC over the last 2 seasons and his freshmen year he played 135 snaps as backup right guard. His pass protection is very solid and he's very good as a run blocker as well. I doubt he falls to us, but if he were there I'd run the pick to the podium.

Also regarding the penalties. He only had 18 penalties over the last two seasons, which included 7 false starts and 6 holding penalties.
Is he a robot/android/shape shifter?

rossihunter2

Staff Member

I think he’s great and clearly in that group of top 6 tackles. I love his feet given his size - don’t think he’s stompy at all - think he’s balanced and agile in his sets. I do think he’s not laterally mobile enough in the run game to thrive in a zone system but he’s not unathletic at all

He’s got elite play strength, independent hands, awesome grip strength