• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2024 WR Thread

rossihunter2

Staff Member
watching harrison properly for the first time...

and not as sold on the generational talent thing as i was led to believe

clearly a no doubt 1st rounder and probably still WR1 (we'll see) but i dont put him in the waddle/chase class of prospect

obviously early in the process but i was expecting to be blown away by crazy catches, yac, suddenness etc.
he's clearly athletic, great frame, great hands and super smooth as a route-runner but from the hype i was expecting something special and idk that ive seen that yet... but also only watched some stuff from 2023 and nothing from before so possible that what im seeing is limited by QB play and small sample size

Simba

Staff Member
watching harrison properly for the first time...

and not as sold on the generational talent thing as i was led to believe

clearly a no doubt 1st rounder and probably still WR1 (we'll see) but i dont put him in the waddle/chase class of prospect

obviously early in the process but i was expecting to be blown away by crazy catches, yac, suddenness etc.
he's clearly athletic, great frame, great hands and super smooth as a route-runner but from the hype i was expecting something special and idk that ive seen that yet... but also only watched some stuff from 2023 and nothing from before so possible that what im seeing is limited by QB play and small sample size
I've not dove into any film yet but just watching the games made me like him a lot more in 2022 than I did in 2023. Weirdly not good team despite the record.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Is this draft class a 2014 all over again?

I don't really follow the draft as much until this time of year (I just watch college football as a fan until it ends), but the first round seems to be pretty stocked up. I'm not sure how the depth compares to 2014 where even the second round was stacked, but it seems comparable in the first.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
There was no way they could keep up Stroud's level of play at QB.
Stroud has been a better pro than a college player. Although Stroud came on strong towards the end of the year and was improving throughout last season, he wasn't as good as this season.

LSURavenFan

Veteran
There was no way they could keep up Stroud's level of play at QB.
Totally.

To go from Haskins-Fields-Stroud is just insane for the Buckeyes.

Same thing happened at Clemson Watson to Lawrence.

It's so hard to find the elite talent at QB.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Totally.

To go from Haskins-Fields-Stroud is just insane for the Buckeyes.

Same thing happened at Clemson Watson to Lawrence.

It's so hard to find the elite talent at QB.
Yep. And we're going from Bo Nix to Dillon Gabriel.

Curious to see which round Troy Franklin will get drafted in.

Last edited:

52520Andrew

Pro Bowler
Could see us wanting a bigger body guy to complement Flowers. Odunze looks great but not sure he makes it down to us

Last edited:

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
A lot of the holes were filled via one year contracts. No Odell or Agholor and Bateman hasn't really developed into a solid #2. Outside him and Zay we have Tylan Wallace on the roster.
I still like Bateman a lot. Excellent route runner and good enough hands...Think he's truly come on in the 2nd half, but not enough chances. He's open most of the time.

52520Andrew

Pro Bowler
I still like Bateman a lot. Excellent route runner and good enough hands...Think he's truly come on in the 2nd half, but not enough chances. He's open most of the time.
Just been too inconsistent for me, if he can be consistent it isn't as big an issue although they have a decision to make with his 5th year option. My big concern is we are one Flowers injury from some serious problems at the position next year. I think it would also take a lot of pressure off Flowers to be THE guy at WR. We definitely do need to add some depth regardless of when it is added as well, I think there are positions I would take in the 1st over WR but if the right player is there I am 100% okay with it.