• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2024 WR Thread

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Just been too inconsistent for me, if he can be consistent it isn't as big an issue although they have a decision to make with his 5th year option. My big concern is we are one Flowers injury from some serious problems at the position next year. I think it would also take a lot of pressure off Flowers to be THE guy at WR. We definitely do need to add some depth regardless of when it is added as well, I think there are positions I would take in the 1st over WR but if the right player is there I am 100% okay with it.
I would definitely like to resign Agholor again and if OBJ is williing to come back it actually could lower his cap hit due to the voidable years. I go back and forth with the 5th year option on Batemen. The base 5th year option for him is around 13m, which could end up being a bargain if he has a good season next year. Of course I'm thinking Oweh may be more important if you were to do only one of them and of course in 2025 we need to exercise the 5th year options on both Hamilton and Linderbaum.

Such problems .......

LSURavenFan

Veteran
The Ravens 1st round pick is going to be a late one.

They probably shouldn't take a WR, but it all depends on who's available.

For example, if they could take Brian Thomas from LSU, that could be pretty tempting.

I'd rather they look elsewhere with that pick though. OL or DB.

52520Andrew

Pro Bowler
I would definitely like to resign Agholor again and if OBJ is williing to come back it actually could lower his cap hit due to the voidable years. I go back and forth with the 5th year option on Batemen. The base 5th year option for him is around 13m, which could end up being a bargain if he has a good season next year. Of course I'm thinking Oweh may be more important if you were to do only one of them and of course in 2025 we need to exercise the 5th year options on both Hamilton and Linderbaum.

Such problems .......
Yeah it is an interesting situation, I do think the team is more capable of developing WR talent than it has been in the past and it would really set the offense up for the next few years while still helping the team next year. Cap isn't going to get any better as long as the Ravens are competitive, they are very much in a win now situation. OT is definitely another area that could use picks. Just a balancing act between picking the best players you can picking late and plugging holes with diminishing cap space.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Yeah it is an interesting situation, I do think the team is more capable of developing WR talent than it has been in the past and it would really set the offense up for the next few years while still helping the team next year. Cap isn't going to get any better as long as the Ravens are competitive, they are very much in a win now situation. OT is definitely another area that could use picks. Just a balancing act between picking the best players you can picking late and plugging holes with diminishing cap space.
I'd love an offensive tackle in either the first or second to play left guard and take over for Stanley in 2025. We can save 20 m in cap space by cutting Stanley in 25 and to have someone ready to take over ie cowboys Tyler Smith, would be the best situation to be in. It's also a very good tackle draft.

52520Andrew

Pro Bowler
I'd love an offensive tackle in either the first or second to play left guard and take over for Stanley in 2025. We can save 20 m in cap space by cutting Stanley in 25 and to have someone ready to take over ie cowboys Tyler Smith, would be the best situation to be in. It's also a very good tackle draft.
I feel like LT and LG are a bit different and it may box us in a bit as to who is available but I am not as familiar with this class. I would definitely be cool with that if we find someone who can handle both positions. If they don't like anyone available though or they like a receiver better I am not against them taking them. I do agree with OT being a need with Stanley's health being inconsistent and Moses not being a spring chicken either.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I feel like LT and LG are a bit different and it may box us in a bit as to who is available but I am not as familiar with this class. I would definitely be cool with that if we find someone who can handle both positions. If they don't like anyone available though or they like a receiver better I am not against them taking them. I do agree with OT being a need with Stanley's health being inconsistent and Moses not being a spring chicken either.
no question the position is different and it would be a great benefit to find someone who can play both positions and allow us to have more Ronnie insurance while waiting until 2025 to unload him. If we can find someone in the Tyler Smith mold that would be great