• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2024 WR Thread

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Just like every year there’s a cooper kupp comp - either some small school slot guy or any white WR who’s not got elite athleticism and isn’t a small slot only type
the next samoan hawaiian is going to be compared to Puka Nacua.

Keon Coleman and Troy Franklin really intrigue me as options at pick 30. They would add an individual element to the offense in Beckhams role. What are the chances we go WR in R1 again?

troy franklin is intriguing for sure

but keon coleman just doesnt separate with any sort of consistency

I haven’t dove into film but I trust your analysis. I love how Coleman plays at the catch point tho. Although that doesn’t always translate to the league.

What’s your opinion on Franklin?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I haven’t dove into film but I trust your analysis. I love how Coleman plays at the catch point tho. Although that doesn’t always translate to the league.

i love coleman at the catch-point too, i dont hate him, just dont think he's someone id invest a R1 pick on

franklin is really fun - wish he played a bit bigger and im terrified of him at the catch-point... not good in contested situations, high drop rate but the height-weight-speed is amazing - think he's gonna blow up the combine

combine's really gonna help sort out the late 1st through 2nd round type guys

Simba

Staff Member

There have been rumors that some teams eyeing Coleman might see him as a TE in the league. Mismatch type of guy rather than someone they trust to win battles on his own consistently on the outside.

i love coleman at the catch-point too, i dont hate him, just dont think he's someone id invest a R1 pick on

franklin is really fun - wish he played a bit bigger and im terrified of him at the catch-point... not good in contested situations, high drop rate but the height-weight-speed is amazing - think he's gonna blow up the combine

combine's really gonna help sort out the late 1st through 2nd round type guys

Yeah, looking forward to the combine. There’s an exciting amount of those HWS guys in this class. You have a favorite prospect yet? Hollywood or Madubuike like? Addison was my guy last year.

There have been rumors that some teams eyeing Coleman might see him as a TE in the league. Mismatch type of guy rather than someone they trust to win battles on his own consistently on the outside.

This is an interesting observation, if that’s the case we don’t have much of a need there with Likely and Andrews. What about you @Simba? Any favorite prospects yet? I’m barely getting over the loss and getting into the draft.

Simba

Staff Member
Yeah, looking forward to the combine. There’s an exciting amount of those HWS guys in this class. You have a favorite prospect yet? Hollywood or Madubuike like? Addison was my guy last year.

This is an interesting observation, if that’s the case we don’t have much of a need there with Likely and Andrews. What about you @Simba? Any favorite prospects yet? I’m barely getting over the loss and getting into the draft.
I’m still a little early on too. Think I’ve got through 8 guys so far and it’s been sporadic at best lol. Have some guys I like based on watching games over the year but been slow on the tape so far.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

A lot of guys I like so far but no all out crushes yet

Also in some ways part of that is because I’ve got some big grades on some guys but it’s possible that they get big grades from media/draft guys - it’s too early in the process right now for that

rossihunter2

Staff Member

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
ill be honest, feels like a pretty weird graph - not really sure what it's showing in any actually important way - feels like a fantasy football analyst type graphic where production is the only thing that matters
For sure. It's really kinda similar x and y axis too. Like if you're getting more y you're almost certainly getting more x.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Anyone watch Brendan Rice? I kinda like him at our 2nd pick. I like his ability to get open during the scramble drill

i do not like brenden rice at all
i see the size and occasional flashes but i also see a guy who doesnt separate and doesnt have any particularly standout traits other than his frame which isnt exceptional (just good)

seeing people talk about him on day 2 and no thanks, not for me

Early 2nd type guy for me

Body catches too much for me as well.

I do really like AD Mitchell tho. Big body (6’2-3), loose hips, good speed, and a good route runner. Shades of Bateman a little. Although I like Bate more coming out.

I would really like to add another WR early. I don’t want to go into the season with only Zay, Bate and Nelson