• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2024 WR Thread

rossihunter2

Staff Member
The funny thing is - he looks even faster in games.

everyone else puts pads on too and he's just so easy with his movement
combination of explosion and long strides and he's gone - because he's got a quicker top speed than everyone else but he's also more explosive to open up too - fun play vs LSU where he just hesitates to get the defenders to slow slightly and then just fires past them for the long TD

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
but all last night really did was confirm just how stacked and athletic this WR class is

unreal
Day 2 or even rd 4 would be a sweet spot here. Really high on Luke McCaffrey and Roman Wilso. Not large boundary guys but sure handed targets that can both work the outside. Adonai Mitchell and Brian Thomas Jr I wouldnt say no too in the 1st. Both are highly intriguing.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Forgot all about Slovis. I remembered him at USC. Could be a good addition at QB if available late in the draft.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Day 2 or even rd 4 would be a sweet spot here. Really high on Luke McCaffrey and Roman Wilso. Not large boundary guys but sure handed targets that can both work the outside. Adonai Mitchell and Brian Thomas Jr I wouldnt say no too in the 1st. Both are highly intriguing.

idk about rd 4 - think all the interesting ones will be gone by then
think brian thomas is going in the top 15

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
idk about rd 4 - think all the interesting ones will be gone by then
think brian thomas is going in the top 15
Not sure how you feel about JJ McCarthy but a lot of people are saying he's rising dramatically. Damn if you think Thomas is going top 15 that could be 4 WR's and 4 QB's. That would drop some serious talent to us at 30.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Not sure how you feel about JJ McCarthy but a lot of people are saying he's rising dramatically. Damn if you think Thomas is going top 15 that could be 4 WR's and 4 QB's. That would drop some serious talent to us at 30.
QBs the grade doesnt really matter tbh

i think he's more of a mid day 2 grade type QB (although i do have him as QB4) but from what it sounds like, it seems like he's basically a top 15-20 lock right now

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Adonai Mitchell is interesting
not sure i grade him in R1 but certainly someone im very interested in and may go R1 (dont think there's gonna be close to 32 R1 graded players this year)
AM is definitely a 1st round pick. Probably top 5 WR in this class.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I could see us trying to pickup a Keon Coleman in round 2 or a Ladd McConkey in round 3. I think we'll find that day 2 we end up taking a WR and a RB.

I don't think there's any chance at a MHJ or Odunze or Nabers or Franklin.
Ladd McConkey could go in the 1st round

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Anyone else watched any Xavier Legette????

and can anyone tell my why he's not being talked about as a 1st rounder other than the fact that he's a 1 year wonder? This dude is insane with his athleticism and catch-point ridiculousness

i guess you have to be comfortable with the why he broke out so late... my guess is some nagging injuries earlier in his career while he was converting from QB
totally think he's going in the 1st round. He's good at all 3 levels, he's good with contested catches, creates good separation and wins at LoS.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
xavier worthy feeks kinda like hollywood with 3 extra inches of height... not sure what to do with that in terms of grading lol
yeah he's really fast but was used more in the screen game vs vertical routes at Texas Tech. He was really inconsistent on deep routes and it seems as though he doesn't track the ball well.

GodIsGreat

Veteran
Taking a 1st round wr seems like a stretch, legette has game breaking game speed, clocked in 22.3 fastest time in football this szn, faster then the fastest time in nfl this szn 22.2 dk metcalf vs the cowboys

or
coleman who's going to be very good especially his rz ability

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
i completely disagree
think ball tracking in the deep is clearly one of his best traits

was used in the screen game a lot but by no means exclusively
I never said exclusively, but I'm not sure I agree with you on his ball tracking skills. Not saying he can't do it, but he definitely has lapses.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
ive seen some concentration drops in the short areas
but his deep ball tracking is at worst, above average
It will be interesting to see what direction we go in the first round. Obviously I believe we will go best player available, but I'm wondering what position group will be bpa at pick 30....assuming we don't trade down and out of the 1st.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
It will be interesting to see what direction we go in the first round. Obviously I believe we will go best player available, but I'm wondering what position group will be bpa at pick 30....assuming we don't trade down and out of the 1st.

looking at the clumps with late 1st/early 2nd round grades on my board im thinking it's most likely OL

but there's always the chance that in OL/WR classes, everyone jumps to make sure they get their guy in this class and when we get on the board all the guys are gone but we're sitting there with some defensive prospect that shouldnt have been available

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
looking at the clumps with late 1st/early 2nd round grades on my board im thinking it's most likely OL

but there's always the chance that in OL/WR classes, everyone jumps to make sure they get their guy in this class and when we get on the board all the guys are gone but we're sitting there with some defensive prospect that shouldnt have been available
yep, I could see that happening as well. I'd be happy with a top CB or Edge prospect as well.