• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2024 WR Thread

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Back after a small hiatus.

This is absolutely terrible company

is it?
not great but also not all of those guys are busts

given the fact that both FSU guys are on there, feels like some of this is because of QB play and a big QB injury

i dont like either of these guys particularly as prospects...

but Rashod was a good prospect, has been injured too much
Nico Collins has turned into a good receiver
Alec Pierce was a good prospect and is developing
Josh Palmer just came off a decent WR3 type season

i think the key piece of information is, does their draft report start with "contested catches" - with all the guys above the answer was no, with Keon it feels like the answer is probably yes

and if your thing is contested catches, then that's where the trouble comes

Quentin Johnston being on this list is crazy though lol

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
is it?
not great but also not all of those guys are busts

given the fact that both FSU guys are on there, feels like some of this is because of QB play and a big QB injury

i dont like either of these guys particularly as prospects...

but Rashod was a good prospect, has been injured too much
Nico Collins has turned into a good receiver
Alec Pierce was a good prospect and is developing
Josh Palmer just came off a decent WR3 type season

i think the key piece of information is, does their draft report start with "contested catches" - with all the guys above the answer was no, with Keon it feels like the answer is probably yes

and if your thing is contested catches, then that's where the trouble comes

Quentin Johnston being on this list is crazy though lol
I mean i think you've got the point. That's not an inspiring group. And among those in the group that have roles or have ceilings, the point is the one you made. They've got other stuff.

Coleman is this years QJ but won't go as high so it's fineish

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Anybody wanna help me with my dynasty team? I have 1.4/1.9/1.11. Which receivers should I be targeting at each spot?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I mean i think you've got the point. That's not an inspiring group. And among those in the group that have roles or have ceilings, the point is the one you made. They've got other stuff.

Coleman is this years QJ but won't go as high so it's fineish

but my point is QJ also wasnt a contested catch receiver
he was a little YAC dude in the body of an x receiver

Coleman and QJ have no similarities at all in the way they play

again, though, to be clear, this is not me defending Coleman... im out on coleman and have been since the beginning

for context, right now i keep flitting on him in terms of rankings between WR 13 and WR 15

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor

again, though, to be clear, this is not me defending Coleman... im out on coleman and have been since the beginning

for context, right now i keep flitting on him in terms of rankings between WR 13 and WR 15

QJ is Breshad Perriman 2.0 which is why I'm glad the Chargers drafted him before we did, because I know dang well that the Ravens were at least enticed. They always are in that type of receiver.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer

Oh I understand they couldn't be more different. But nonetheless a team is gonna buy into the one thing he does and will end up disappointed I'm so sure of it

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
Oh I understand they couldn't be more different. But nonetheless a team is gonna buy into the one thing he does and will end up disappointed I'm so sure of it

Coleman looks to me like a big slot receiver at the next level but he's only 20 years old as well. He definitely has room to grow and become better at his game. Personally I'm not a fan of the ravens drafting him because I think a receiver with more outside ability and able to stretch the field would benefit this offense more but if he was drafted by the ravens I wouldn't be mad at it at all. I could be wrong but I don't think he's been playing the wide receiver position for that long since he used to play basketball but I can see teams wanting to draft him base on his upside especially if he improves on his route running

rossihunter2

Staff Member
How we feel about Keon Coleman?

Late 2nd type grade for me

Has some skill sets that are intriguing but lack of consistent separation on tape is a real worry and while the hands are occasionally spectacular they’re not the best in the class

I’ve had him lower than he currently is but with his age and athletic profile I find it hard not to like him as a mid-to-late day 2 kind of guy

Feels like he’s gonna be a power slot in the pros rather than an x type outside guy

Think I’d rather another team took the risk on him instead of us and not sure about his fit with Lamar either

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

Has some skill sets that are intriguing but lack of consistent separation on tape is a real worry and while the hands are occasionally spectacular they’re not the best in the class

I’ve had him lower than he currently is but with his age and athletic profile I find it hard not to like him as a mid-to-late day 2 kind of guy

Feels like he’s gonna be a power slot in the pros rather than an x type outside guy

Think I’d rather another team took the risk on him instead of us and not sure about his fit with Lamar either
and that lack of consistent separation scares me enough to not want him before the 3rd round and late 3rd for that. Think there will be better WR's on the board. He's not in my top 15

rossihunter2

Staff Member
and that lack of consistent separation scares me enough to not want him before the 3rd round and late 3rd for that. Think there will be better WR's on the board. He's not in my top 15

i agree that there will likely be players i prefer when we pick in the 2nd round
but i think late 2nd is where i'd grade him... usually with the board variance, you're normally picking from higher-grade buckets than where you have a guy graded

at pick 60, i'd be expecting us to take someone with a solid 2nd round grade at worst, and if we're lucky maybe even someone we have graded in the late 1st, early 2nd type area

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

I see all the same but watching him on tape I feel like it’s ultimately not gonna matter, he’s such a load at the catch point I feel like nfl dbs are gonna mostly look the same against him, he’s just a beast.

Hes nowhere near Xavier legette for me though, that’s my guy, WR2 for me

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I see all the same but watching him on tape I feel like it’s ultimately not gonna matter, he’s such a load at the catch point I feel like nfl dbs are gonna mostly look the same against him, he’s just a beast.

Hes nowhere near Xavier legette for me though, that’s my guy, WR2 for me

i love legette too for sure
one of my first draft crushes who wasnt on the radar anywhere when i came across him

you see cool stuff with coleman for sure and that's why i think he goes high still despite lack of separation - but i would be surprised if the ravens value his skillset highly - not sure he fits in well in this offence built around lamar and space creation - feel like he'd be somewhat redundant with mark andrews basically as our power slot

52520Andrew

Pro Bowler
Coleman is a guy where I loved the highlights but got into the film and my opinion wavered a bit. I think he is quicker than given credit for but don’t see the physicality you would expect with his size. Love his hands though, feel like in the right system, he will do well. Just not sure I trust the Ravens to be the right system. If he can play more physical though, there is a certain FSU alum he could turn into.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Brenden Rice is my favorite WR in this draft. He just feels like someone that can and will carry an offense in the biggest games.