• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2024 RB Thread

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Someone that deserves a good look is Trey Bensonin the late 3rd. He runs like a younger, more explosive Gus Bus. His vision is fantastic, big string guy that won't go down easy, and can very quickly eat up five to ten yards in a run. Also has okay hands as a check down option, and is a good blocker.

Also when you look at the highlights it straight up looks like the Ravens rushing offense.

I hope he plays against Georgia in their bowl game. You would think the players from FSU would like to make a statement and with a pretty weak top part of the RB class (I don't think one will get drafted in the 1st) he could catapault himself to the 2nd rd. Hopefully we don't need to pick one that high.

LSURavenFan

Veteran
I hope he plays against Georgia in their bowl game. You would think the players from FSU would like to make a statement and with a pretty weak top part of the RB class (I don't think one will get drafted in the 1st) he could catapault himself to the 2nd rd. Hopefully we don't need to pick one that high.
FSU is gonna get smoked by Georgia.

They do not care about this bowl game and rightfully so.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Will be interesting to see where he goes. Fun player but decently heavy usage and going to be 24 years old as a rookie.

Feels like an early 3rd rounder for me.

The more film I watch on these 2024 running backs, the more I feel like this class is a weak class overall. Every prospect got something iffy about them that makes me go “eh.”

Anyone else feel this way? Maybe I should be looking at the 2024 free agent list over the draft list for our RB needs.

Give me Saquon or Jacobs!

Simba

Staff Member

The more film I watch on these 2024 running backs, the more I feel like this class is a weak class overall. Every prospect got something iffy about them that makes me go “eh.”

Anyone else feel this way? Maybe I should be looking at the 2024 free agent list over the draft list for our RB needs.

There's not really a collectively agreed upon top end talent this year at the position it seems. I'm sure someone will sneak up late like they seemingly always do, but this looks like a strong position for day 2/early day 3 at quick glance this year.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter

Class is so weak I deadass might put Bucky RB1. Henderson and Benson move me a bit but one is oft injured and the other doesn't really feel like a go to guy.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

that seems like a shame to me - if it's a good class i could see us double-dipping honestly

doing some WR work at the moment but RBs on deck next i think - will be interesting to see if there's anyone that moves me

Charm City

Pro Bowler
Will be interesting to see where he goes. Fun player but decently heavy usage and going to be 24 years old as a rookie.
I dont think age matters as much for RBs compared to other positions considering most teams are reluctant to give RBs a second contract. His usage is a different story though.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
the 6 RBs I've enjoyed watching most so far and who have preliminary day 2 grades from me:

Ray Davis
Jonathon Brooks
Bucky Irving
MarShawn Lloyd
Treveyon Henderson
Audric Estime

Davis, Brooks and Irving were lots of fun
Didn't watch the FSU kid yet?

Simba

Staff Member
the 6 RBs I've enjoyed watching most so far and who have preliminary day 2 grades from me:

Ray Davis
Jonathon Brooks
Bucky Irving
MarShawn Lloyd
Treveyon Henderson
Audric Estime

Davis, Brooks and Irving were lots of fun
Bucky Irving agenda commence! As you said, he’s just super fun to watch