• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @ 49ers

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Do you believe we've played even one team that could win a SuperBowl this year?

Who could win a Super Bowl this year?
Who’s on your list?

Is the list just the 49ers…
Eagles have just had 3 very disappointing losses and were outgained the 4 previous games and scraped wins
Dallas just got waxed by the bills and their best wins are eagles, rams and Seahawks… (who they also lost to)
Chiefs have been underwhelming
Dolphins haven’t beaten any good teams

Whos on the list? And who have they beaten to prove it? Feels like only the 49ers to me

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
To be honest Ravens fans at least on legacy forums like this one and RSR seem more pessimistic than most other fanbases I’ve seen. And certainly seem overly critical of our MVP QB, my god look at how jag and chargers fans treat their QBs, you’d think those guys had the 80% career win % and an MVP to their name
Yeah our fanbase does this weird shit where they still put their old qb as their avatar

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Who’s on your list?

Eagles have just had 3 very disappointing losses and were outgained the 4 previous games and scraped wins
Dallas just got waxed by the bills and their best wins are eagles, rams and Seahawks… (who they also lost to)

Whos on the list? And who have they beaten to prove it? Feels like only the 49ers to me
And they will be taken off the list Monday

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
1703028779608.png

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Who’s on your list?

Here's my completely honest list in order.

49ers
Ravens, Chiefs, Bills all at the same level.

49ers are clearly the best team in the league.

We are a team that if healthy and clicking I believe could compete with them. But we are neither of those 2 things right now.

Chiefs have had some exceptionally poor WR play and undisciplined play and poor reffing. Despite that, they've been in all their games and Mahomes' experience can't be understated.

Bills are a redhot team because the thing that's been holding them back for so long is a total lack of run game. Right now, they look like they have it and it's causing Allen to play better ball.

I don't buy any of the Eagles, Cowboys, Lions, Dolphins etc can win a SB. That's why I keep saying this is such an important game for us. We DON'T have to win it. In fact, I'd be extremely happy if we lose a tight one and we can learn from some mistakes and have a chip on our shoulder.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer

49ers

We are a team that if healthy and clicking I believe could compete with them. But we are neither of those 2 things right now.

Chiefs have had some exceptionally poor WR play and undisciplined play and poor reffing. Despite that, they've been in all their games and Mahomes' experience can't be understated.

Bills are a redhot team because the thing that's been holding them back for so long is a total lack of run game. Right now, they look like they have it and it's causing Allen to play better ball.

I don't buy any of the Eagles, Cowboys, Lions, Dolphins etc can win a SB. That's why I keep saying this is such an important game for us. We DON'T have to win it. In fact, I'd be extremely happy if we lose a tight one and we can learn from some mistakes and have a chip on our shoulder.
Chiefs offense is shit all season and our D is considerably better. Plus we have the best player in the world.
I don't know how you can put them on the same tier with The Ravens.

Bills are still out of the playoff picture.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor

49ers

So I wouldn't put the Bills in the stratosphere of a SB team. Running game still isn't good. Allen is propping it up. All they're doing is running more, not running better. Dallas was one of the few games this year where they've actually been efficient running the ball with actual RBs.

Chiefs are in the position they're in because they're not really good at anything.

Eagles and Cowboys could very easily win the SB. I think there's plenty of ways the Eagles would beat SF if they played again, and I think the Cowboys path to the SB is as easy as "somebody else beats SF".

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Chiefs offense is shit all season and our D is considerably better. Plus we have the best player in the world.
I don't know how you can put them on the same tier with The Ravens.

Bills are still out of the playoff picture.
Chiefs defense are also good. If DPI was called and if Toney wasn't a moron, people would still be criticizing KC but the narrative wouldn't be as down on them as people are now.

Look, you're not going to find a bigger Lamar fan than me. I've been saying Lamar is the second best QB AND PLAYER in football for awhile. Including last year when everyone was saying all kinds of dumb shit about Jalen Hurts and Justin Herbert etc. Lamar is otherworldly. But so is Mahomes and I think it's a bit unfair to say Lamar is better than them considering they've been in the league a similar amount of time and the outcomes have not been similar (we know football is not an individual sport).

Bills are out yes, however they'll win there last 3 and we are going to also beat Miami. They'll win the division. I really really really hope they miss out because I would not want to play that team.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
So I wouldn't put the Bills in the stratosphere of a SB team. Running game still isn't good. Allen is propping it up. All they're doing is running more, not running better. Dallas was one of the few games this year where they've actually been efficient running the ball with actual RBs.

Chiefs are in the position they're in because they're not really good at anything.

Eagles and Cowboys could very easily win the SB. I think there's plenty of ways the Eagles would beat SF if they played again, and I think the Cowboys path to the SB is as easy as "somebody else beats SF".
I know you've been down on the Bills the whole year. And that very well may turn out to be right. They could end up not making it or be one and done. However, I still think that team is one of the very few teams that has that something special to actually compete.

Agreed that Eagles or Cowboys could get there if someone else beats 49ers. But my prediction is that's not happening. NFC feels cut and dry.

It's the AFC where there's some uncertainty.

Sooky

Pro Bowler
Why is everyone so doom and gloom and assuming this is a L when the game hasn’t even been played yet. Defense needs to have a good game and Lamar needs to score on a few drives but if this team can’t do it who can? I don’t even care if it’s a W or L as long as it’s a close game and the Ravens show they can rebound after losing JK, Mitchell, and Andrews

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Why is everyone so doom and gloom and assuming this is a L when the game hasn’t even been played yet. Defense needs to have a good game and Lamar needs to score on a few drives but if this team can’t do it who can? I don’t even care if it’s a W or L as long as it’s a close game and the Ravens show they can rebound after losing JK, Mitchell, and Andrews
This is what we all want. To just see we can compete with the top teams in the league.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Just a thought;
The Miami and Pissburgh games mean far more than this game. Why not rest a few players? Don’t get caught up in all the hype. No need to risk further injuries. We can take them down when it really counts.
Team is bending the knee to anyone. Way too competitive and not their style.
Not a chance in hell. Can't just count on winning the last 2 games. The division is still very much at stake too.
Exactly. Besides that, I know the players and coaches want this game.
HAMILTON LEGACY GAME
He's a big reason why I think the defense will disrupt things.
Who have we played that's good though? I don't know how many times I can say look at the NFL objectively. It's a huge race to the middle. We've played tons of teams that are around 500.

We didn't play the Eagles, Cowboys, Commanders, and Giants this year. We didn't play KC. We didn't play Buffalo. We didn't play the Broncos.

Our biggest wins are a hurt Trevor Lawrence on a 3 game skid, the pretender Lions, and Seattle who are just ok. Like its ok to be realistic. We only played 1.5 Joe Burrows and he was hurt both times. We played DTR in his first start not knowing he was gonna play.

This game will finally be an example if we're for real or not.
The only bad loss, to me, is the Steelers. Every other team has proven to be somewhat respectable. I wouldn't call our schedule easy either. Next 2 games are big and some some still won't care if we beat the Dolphins because the narrative is they can't beat good teams.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I couldn't possibly care about MVP. But what I find funny is, if you have 2 people on the same team in contention for MVP (Purdy and CMC) then by definition neither of them can be an MVP lol

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Who’s on your list?

Flacco. I’ll see myself out