• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @ 49ers

Sooky

Pro Bowler
I was trying to stay positive with Mitchell going down. Was telling myself to remember all those chunk plays Hill had earlier this season and looked okay. Then it came to me. Most of Lamar’s fumbles came in exchange with Hill.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
I was trying to stay positive with Mitchell going down. Was telling myself to remember all those chunk plays Hill had earlier this season and looked okay. Then it came to me. Most of Lamar’s fumbles came in exchange with Hill.
And we still haven’t even had rmc explain why we don’t need him, it’s not looking pretty

Baltimorican

Practice Squad
Gus and Hill may have something to say about that.

Hill is a dynamic back who blocks and catches better than Mitchell. The mesh point issue can't be that hard to fix, I'm sure they've done a 100+ extra reps since then. he doesn't have Mitchell's speed but he's got some really nice juke and stop on a dime action. I expect him to be the guy. This offense also still has some untapped potential in guys like Bateman and Kolar.

Thezone27

Ravens Ring of Honor
Hill is a dynamic back who blocks and catches better than Mitchell. The mesh point issue can't be that hard to fix, I'm sure they've done a 100+ extra reps since then. he doesn't have Mitchell's speed but he's got some really nice juke and stop on a dime action. I expect him to be the guy. This offense also still has some untapped potential in guys like Bateman and Kolar.
I think Gus is gonna get 15+ carries and 2+tds

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
You know what I’m starting to think they’re overrated and a product of the soft NFC, we’ve seen the AFCN impose their will on them and we handled the Seahawks more than they have. I know the transitive property isn’t applicable always but it’s all we have to go on for now, I hope we make it clear and do the same as the others did to them.

Baltimorican

Practice Squad
As the week progresses I'm liking our guys more and more. My principle rationale comes down to the experience of the Qb's in this type of game.

Lamar has seen everything the Niners will throw at him. There won't be any "close the A & B gaps" like they did to the way more predictable Jalen Hurts & the Eagles. Lamar has seen it all; the mush rushes, the spies, the 8 man zones. He's seen it from the best in his own division 2x/yr since he got here from Mike Tomlin, JJ watt, Myles Garrett & the Browns (who he put up 29.5/gm on this yr) and Lou Anarumo (one of the best in the biz at disguises). Steve Wilkes is actually the weakest DC SF has had in awhile, he was under some heat earlier and his secondary and interior DLine are major banged up. The ravens CAN run the rock and Lamar WILL find the cracks for chunks in the passing game.

Brock Purdy has never seen anything like the Ravens. The only defense in his division that is built to stop Shanahan is Seattle and the Hawks simply haven't had the personnel the last couple years. The big corners that can tackle, the pair of LB's that run sideline to sideline and the smart veteran back 7 that won't be fooled often by the whistles and bells. This level of coverage disguise and pass rush deception coupled with guys that can tackle his guys is something he's barely seen, maybe against the Browns and the the Niners looked very human against that D. The Ravens won't stuff this juggernaut, but they WILL get stops.

I do think the Niners are better in a void, too many more offensive weapons. But the matchups favor the Ravens. I still see a 23-20 game, but I'm flipping it to a Ravens WIN .

Last edited:

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor

It isn't hard to fix but the only fix was to stop doing it completely with him.

I hope all of you are correct about Hill but time and time again he shows that outside of blocking he really isn't as reliable as he should be., All the opportunity on the planet these last few years and he was not been able to take advantage of it

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
I mean... what's the argument look like that he's a necessity to us winning games?
If we got in a rut he could be a difference maker to change up the pace and get us out of one, it seemed like he was becoming a good pass catching option out of the flat too. I am hoping Gordon can slide into this role without the home run ability, but we certainly did lose a home run hitter. But yea, I’m sure the WAR is marginal I guess

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
If the Niners line up like they normally due in the wide 9 upfront, then we are going to be able to run on them. We definitely need a balanced attack to win this game, but establishing the run early is a must.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Gus and Hill may have something to say about that.
I agree. Sure, Mitchell was a bright spot for the RB position but fans seem to be forgetting that before he got his shine, Gus was holding it down mixed in with Hill here and there. Now add Gordon to the stew along with Lamar and we should be alright running that rock.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
You know what I’m starting to think they’re overrated and a product of the soft NFC, we’ve seen the AFCN impose their will on them and we handled the Seahawks more than they have. I know the transitive property isn’t applicable always but it’s all we have to go on for now, I hope we make it clear and do the same as the others did to them.
It’s a possibility that the ravens just outclass the nfc, we have yet to see because we haven’t faced their top teams yet, we’ve faced teams that at one point looked like top teams but have since regressed. If the trend continues and we beat up on the niners then you’re right, but matchup wise it looks like neither team really outclasses the other.

Frankly on paper this should be the most competitive game played this regular season, if both teams show up to full potential it’s the game of the year.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
If the Niners line up like they normally due in the wide 9 upfront, then we are going to be able to run on them. We definitely need a balanced attack to win this game, but establishing the run early is a must.
It’s not a must to establish the run early, it’s a must to establish that if they come after Lamar then we can and will make them pay for it, we don’t do that by running into brick walls just because it’s early in the game.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
In the 1st half at least show then some 2nd/3rd and longs some draw plays either with Lamar or the back to keep Bosa and the boys in check. Use a shitload of play action.

GodIsGreat

Veteran
they can be had in the screen game, interemdiate, outside the numbers, also hagrove/armstead might not be playing so the run can be there