• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2024 Baltimore Orioles

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
5a4nxg.gif

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Should have just put him on the opening day roster from the beginning, why wait a week into the season? Just happy to see him called up, was thinking it would be in the Summer but the sooner the better.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Should have just put him on the opening day roster from the beginning, why wait a week into the season? Just happy to see him called up, was thinking it would be in the Summer but the sooner the better.

Consistent at bats, make sure he's doing well on defense. He's still eligible to earn us a draft pick if he finishes top 2 in ROY voting, so not really any downside to making sure he's ready

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
Consistent at bats, make sure he's doing well on defense. He's still eligible to earn us a draft pick if he finishes top 2 in ROY voting, so not really any downside to making sure he's ready
This! But it's still kind of curious - other than to make him angry/hungry by keeping him down to begin with. I was willing to trust Elias, tho. I count two games that Mateo helped us drop by his poor 2B play. That was an experiment I don't want to see pursued.

If Holliday remains on the tear he's been on in AAA, he's a spark we can use. Let the fun begin.

Tank

Hall of Famer

This! But it's still kind of curious - other than to make him angry/hungry by keeping him down to begin with. I was willing to trust Elias, tho. I count two games that Mateo helped us drop by his poor 2B play. That was an experiment I don't want to see pursued.

If Holliday remains on the tear he's been on in AAA, he's a spark we can use. Let the fun begin.
I read something that suggested they expected to face a bunch of left handlers at the start of the season and they wanted to give Jackson the best chance at starting on a high note at the plate.

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
I read something that suggested they expected to face a bunch of left handlers at the start of the season and they wanted to give Jackson the best chance at starting on a high note at the plate.
Ahhh, that's interesting. I hadn't heard that tidbit, but that would explain it.