• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 16 Discussion (MNF Christmas Edition)

JO_75

Hall of Famer
nfl-christmas.jpg

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all! Another week of primetime for the Ravens as we head to Santa Clara in a game that could very well determine who the NFL MVP is of 2023. While we wait for Monday Night... the playoff race is getting more interesting by the week as a few teams have clinched while other teams are ready to move on to 2024. Christmas came early for Chargers fans as Brandon Staley got fired after getting blown out on TNF last week, what other coaches are coaching their final games as Head Coach as we start to put a bow on the 2023 Regular season.

Playoff scenarios to watch this week....

AFC
- Baltimore can clinch the AFC North with a win over the 49ers & a Browns loss to Houston.
- Miami clinches a playoff spot with a win over Dallas, but a win and a Bills loss gives them their first AFC East Title since 2008.
- Kansas City Clinches a playoff spot and the AFC West with a win over the Raiders on Monday.
- Browns can clinch a playoff spot but need a bunch of stuff to happen along with a win.

NFC
- The Lions can win their first ever NFC North Division Title with a win over the Vikings.
- 49ers can lock up home field advantage with a win, Cowboys loss and Lions loss.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
NFL RedZone, here I come!

EDIT: Just for selfish reasons, I hope the Dolphins win on Sunday. I don't want us to be the first good team they beat.

Last edited:

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I guess we are just taking out all the opposing QBs we play. Watson, Burrow, Herbert and now it seems Trevor will not play on Sunday when the Jags play Tampa. Indy, Houston... You're welcome.

Last edited:

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Derek Carr can not be this bad can he? Like he leaves the Raiders and he just doesn't seem the same anymore? I guess I'll chalk it up to the coaching in New Orleans as being the problem.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Derek Carr can not be this bad can he? Like he leaves the Raiders and he just doesn't seem the same anymore? I guess I'll chalk it up to the coaching in New Orleans as being the problem.
I think he peaked in 2016 when the Raiders had like a top 3 OL, but unfortunately he had that season-ending injury in week 16. It hasn't been great since.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’ll never forget the 2023 NFL off-season. Where teams rolled out the red carpet to wine and dine Derek Carr for his services.. all the while publicizing their noninterest in Lamar.

Pure comedy.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
The final Christmas with Tomlin? New Report saying the Steelers may consider trading Tomlin to get picks from the deal. It would be wild if they did but if I were Tomlin, I'd want to get away from this QB mess too.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Should be with in-laws and wife in Pittsburgh but too sick to make the trip. Told wife to go have a good time. I am ”Home Alone” for the holidays…so NFL games it is. Hopefully all these games are good because it will take my mind off of how depressing it is to have my first Christmas without any family around.

Should we root for Cincy or Pitt? Thinking Cincy but they have better record.

I was wondering this too. I’m thinking root for Pitt to ruin their draft position and potentially knock Cincy out of the playoffs? Only downside to this is that Pitt game at the end of the season may have more meaning for them

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Should we root for Cincy or Pitt? Thinking Cincy but they have better record.

I was wondering this too. I’m thinking root for Pitt to ruin their draft position and potentially knock Cincy out of the playoffs? Only downside to this is that Pitt game at the end of the season may have more meaning for them
Pittsburgh, believe it or not. Their win helps us by making it tougher for the Bengals to achieve playoff contention I believe. Also, I don't believe that they can take over the division but it would be nice to smoke and to knock them back down a few pegs in the last game of the regular season.

Last edited:

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Pittsburgh, believe it or not. Their win helps us by eliminating the Bengals from playoff contention. Also, I don't believe that they can take over the division but it would be nice to smoke and to knock them back down a few pegs in the last game of the regular season.
Yeah it may be a good time for a Steelers win now. If they lost today and next week, they would be desperate for a win when they played us. I rather not play Pitt under those circumstances

CanadianRavensFan

Practice Squad
That game was always going to have meaning for them so long as they can use it to ruin our season so I don't think the results of this game will really matter