• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs. Dolphins

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Short week, couple of injured guys, Hamilton worries me.

I'm more afraid of Dolphins pass rush than their offense, particularly if Waddle can't play. Chub's playing out of his mind since he moved to Miami. Wilkins is dirty.

Our boys still have to bring it on D though, those mfs are dangerous.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Take this game and you got 3 weeks to get healthy. Hopefully some of the banged up guys are okay for this week and then they can rest up after.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
In my opinion this is a season defining game. Yes we can lose this game and still win the Super Bowl but this is the type of game I think you must win if you want to win a Super Bowl. Can we maintain the energy and will to win we displayed previously? Can we do the same in the playoffs? Everything is on the line here—you win and you are the top team in the AFC. You control your destiny, it is there for you to seize it only you want it. Can we beat people at home in a true playoff atmosphere like this one? Will the crowd bring the energy needed to win this game? Can we shake off the 2 home game losses we had this year?

This is a championship game to me

Simba

Staff Member
In my opinion this is a season defining game. Yes we can lose this game and still win the Super Bowl but this is the type of game I think you must win if you want to win a Super Bowl. Can we maintain the energy and will to win we displayed previously? Can we do the same in the playoffs? Everything is on the line here—you win and you are the top team in the AFC. You control your destiny, it is there for you to seize it only you want it. Can we beat people at home in a true playoff atmosphere like this one? Will the crowd bring the energy needed to win this game? Can we shake off the 2 home game losses we had this year?

This is a championship game to me
Agreed. It doesn't take us out of the running if we lose, but gives us a chance to prove ourselves yet again and control our own destiny. Sure, there's still a chance at both the 1 seed and the division in week 18, but this is where a true championship contender clamps down and takes it personally.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Agreed. It doesn't take us out of the running if we lose, but gives us a chance to prove ourselves yet again and control our own destiny. Sure, there's still a chance at both the 1 seed and the division in week 18, but this is where a true championship contender clamps down and takes it personally.
Yeah exactly, I think if we win this there’s a good good chance it gives the momentum to the Super Bowl. Dolphins will bring the heat, they have a good team. Ravens also have the receipt from last year when they beat us bad with our defensive meltdown. I think defense remembered like Pepperidge Farms and brings it. I just hope the offense isn’t flat and our guys are healthy.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
FYI for those who have MAX, formerly HBO MAX, they are doing an in season hard knocks for the dolphins. Should get a full hour long episode on the lead up/game day experience vs the Ravens next week

GodIsGreat

Veteran
Seeing how mac did against the 9ers should help against miami, who only has 1 starting o line no excuse and missing waddle

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Obviously worried about tyreek
i think we're a better team than the dolphins on both sides of the ball but tyreek's the kind of guy who just changes the maths and does things that other guys cant

wasnt worried so much about deebo and aiyuk because there's a physical component to their game and i think the ravens were always gonna match them physically

but tyreek's speed is different

and especially if hamilton's out, im a little concerned about all those weapons and all that speed

Baltimorican

Practice Squad
Waddle out, they have one starting offensive lineman, no excuse the d line gotta eat and wreck the game

Everybody's banged up and hurting. Phins have such an awful track record in this type of cold weather late season games that goes back decades. This version is a little bit more physical defensively and has a legit running game. I think it will be a tough close game but I like our guys in crunch time. It certainly feels like Dallas out-choked them sunday.

JAAM

Hall of Famer

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Last season, our non-Lamar running game against the Dolphins was ABSYMAL with bum-ass Mike Davis and co. Unable to pick up firsts in 3rd/4th and short/goal is what cost us just as much as the defense in the 4th.