• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs. Dolphins

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I don't want to come off like Niners fans, but this is one I think we potentially run away with. Can't see the team not having a bad taste in their mouth about the last game. Marlon looks healthy. Marcus looks to be getting better. I'd love to have Hamilton, but don't think he's as important to this matchup as he was for the Niners. Stay disciplined on those screens and force Tua to have to be a real drop back passer. When the window dressing doesn't work, he's looked terrible.

JAAM

Hall of Famer

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
What are they saying?
Bringing up tua being 2-0 against us, throwing 6TDs against us mostly in response to claims of the Ravens being the best team. But they’re also of course taking the mvp race angle as well. They think they’re the best team in the nfl now that they beat the cowboys and I even saw them calling the Ravens playoffs chokers, when is their last playoff win again?

Everybody's banged up and hurting. Phins have such an awful track record in this type of cold weather late season games that goes back decades. This version is a little bit more physical defensively and has a legit running game. I think it will be a tough close game but I like our guys in crunch time. It certainly feels like Dallas out-choked them sunday.
Dallas can't play on the road, right? And Miami is strong at home. That was a good combo for the Phins.
Different story this time.
Low to mid 40's
Maybe the forecast will change as the day approaches.
Bringing up tua being 2-0 against us, throwing 6TDs against us mostly in response to claims of the Ravens being the best team. But they’re also of course taking the mvp race angle as well. They think they’re the best team in the nfl now that they beat the cowboys and I even saw them calling the Ravens playoffs chokers, when is their last playoff win again?
Miami last won a playoff game at the turn of the century (2000). They have made it to the postseason 3x since then and one of those losses was to Baltimore (2008, Flaccos rookie year). Who do they think they are?

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Obviously worried about tyreek
i think we're a better team than the dolphins on both sides of the ball but tyreek's the kind of guy who just changes the maths and does things that other guys cant

wasnt worried so much about deebo and aiyuk because there's a physical component to their game and i think the ravens were always gonna match them physically

but tyreek's speed is different

and especially if hamilton's out, im a little concerned about all those weapons and all that speed
Let’s say Hamilton is out Sunday. What’s your plan for covering Hill?Are we just going zone for the vast majority of the game?

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Dallas can't play on the road, right? And Miami is strong at home. That was a good combo for the Phins.
Different story this time.

Maybe the forecast will change as the day approaches.

Miami last won a playoff game at the turn of the century (2000). They have made it to the postseason 3x since then and one of those losses was to Baltimore (2008, Flaccos rookie year). Who do they think they are?

REEEEEEEEEEEEEDD

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m excited for the Ravens week build up on the Dolphins in-season hard knocks.

Probably the closest we’ll ever get to a ravens hard knocks :(

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Dolphins may want to sit Tua.... just saying.

If we beat the dolphins and secure 1st seed..

Do we rest Lamar and the starters for our week 18 matchup vs the Steelers? That’s 2 weeks for rest / rust. That’s the question I have

Simba

Staff Member

Do we rest Lamar and the starters for our week 18 matchup vs the Steelers? That’s 2 weeks for rest / rust. That’s the question I have
Don’t think they’d do that again. Think they’d play everyone that is healthy even if it’s vanilla. Maybe they don’t play the full game though.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Don’t think they’d do that again. Think they’d play everyone that is healthy even if it’s vanilla. Maybe they don’t play the full game though.
I think they play a full quarter if we win against the Dolphins. They'll sit the first team down after the first quarter and they get some well-needed reps. I wouldn't be surprised if they played the first and 3rd quarters as well.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

i don't think so. probably play a half

redrum52

Hall of Famer

I'd expect them to play at least a half against the Steelers if they beat Miami.

I really gotta start reading posts before I make mine.