• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs. Steelers

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Ravens beating the Steelers would be a shocker considering it will be almost the entire backup offense and probably a lot of the backup defense. I am more surprised you are the one suggesting it considering you suggested I bet the Steelers (good but very lucky bet) the last time they played.

Meanwhile even if Buffalo is the 7 seed that means they will have just lost to Miami on the road and then have to play that exact team again but this time they will totally win. The most likely bet is Ravens vs Browns in the divisional with KC vs Buffalo for the other one and it being Ravens Bills in the AFC Championship game.
Well a) I bet the Steelers to cover in the last meeting, mostly because they were a home underdog. Betting the Steelers as a home underdog is very lucrative. and b) the Steelers just aren't that good, which is the main problem. They've been beaten by teams that have starting players that are on-par with the Ravens backups. And I think a decent amount of the Ravens defensive starters are going to play and probably play longer than you think they will.

Would remind you that Huntley (and Brown) beat the Steelers, on the road, last year, while throwing it 18 times and having a receiving core of Andrews, Robinson, and DeSean Jackson. Steelers had largely the same roster in that game as they will show on Sunday.

I expect Steelers will win, but nobody that has watched the Steelers play this year thinks they should be laying 4 points against any team in this league. Backups or not.

I agree that the scenario you laid out is the most likely one. I just don't really care if Buffalo loses to MIA, because I don't think, by any stretch of the imagination, does it mean they can't beat them in the same place the following week. Most notably, consider that a PIT or JAX loss means BUF makes the playoffs before their game even kicks off. So all they'll be playing for is better seeding. I don't think BUF is nearly as concerned about playing road games outdoors in Jan, compared to Miami, who desperately needs home games (plural) to have any shot.

Simba

Staff Member
Probably close to official depth chart for tomorrow (one inactive still yet to be decided but guessing Hamilton)...

QB: Huntley, Johnson, Cunningham
RB: Edwards, Hill, Gordon
FB: Ricard, Mason
WR: Bateman, Agholor, Wallace, Treadwell
TE: Likely, Kolar
LT: Mekari, Stanley
LG: Aumavae-Laulu, Simpson
C: Mustipher, Linderbaum
RG: Cleveland
RT: Faalele, Moses

DE: Urban
NT: Pierce, Jones
DT: Madubuike, Washington
OLB: Clowney, Oweh, Robinson
ILB: Smith, Simpson
ILB: Queen, Phillips
OLB: Van Noy, Moon
CB: Stephens, Ya-Sin, Williams
CB: Darby, Maulet
FS: Williams, Adams
SS: Stone

K: Tucker
P: Stout
LS: Ott

Still light in the secondary but seems most of the D sans the injured guys are going to play some and then head to the bench. Offense looks like it'll largely be the backups.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Probably close to official depth chart for tomorrow (one inactive still yet to be decided but guessing Hamilton)...

QB: Huntley, Johnson, Cunningham
RB: Edwards, Hill, Gordon
FB: Ricard, Mason
WR: Bateman, Agholor, Wallace, Treadwell
TE: Likely, Kolar
LT: Mekari, Stanley
LG: Aumavae-Laulu, Simpson
C: Mustipher, Linderbaum
RG: Cleveland
RT: Faalele, Moses

DE: Urban
NT: Pierce, Jones
DT: Madubuike, Washington
OLB: Clowney, Oweh, Robinson
ILB: Smith, Simpson
ILB: Queen, Phillips
OLB: Van Noy, Moon
CB: Stephens, Ya-Sin, Williams
CB: Darby, Maulet
FS: Williams, Adams
SS: Stone

K: Tucker
P: Stout
LS: Ott

Still light in the secondary but seems most of the D sans the injured guys are going to play some and then head to the bench. Offense looks like it'll largely be the backups.
Could be wrong but I don't see Stephens playing much, if at all. May be active or play a little, but can't imagine they'll play him much coming off injury. Agree with the rest. Heavy rotations along the Dline, likely favoring heaps of playing time for Jones, Washington, Robinson, Moon, etc. later in the game.

A lot of Gordon, a lot of Bateman and especially Agholor.

Simba

Staff Member
Could be wrong but I don't see Stephens playing much, if at all. May be active or play a little, but can't imagine they'll play him much coming off injury. Agree with the rest. Heavy rotations along the Dline, likely favoring heaps of playing time for Jones, Washington, Robinson, Moon, etc. later in the game.

A lot of Gordon, a lot of Bateman and especially Agholor.
Yeah I don't expect much Stephens either. If he plays, maybe a drive or two to start just to get his feet back in the game but not even sure I see that. Think it'll also depend on what they do on defense because I can't imagine Roquan, Queen, Williams, etc. play much either.

Guessing Moses and Stanley are the two they'd prefer not to see the field at all if they can manage it.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m tempted to throw $50 on the Ravens to make tomorrow’s game even more emotional. Any money on Huntley … idk. Vegas has little faith in Pitt at -3

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Same. That said, as much as flacco would like to spite us, If we make good use of this break, guys get healthy, and remain healthy, then I don’t think Cleveland has the talent to beat us again and flacco just won’t be able to do it with what he’s got. It’ll be a bitch of a game to slug out because their defense is a problem, but in the end flacco isn’t gonna overcome our defense more than Lamar can overcome theirs, because theoretically Lamar could overcome their defense every single play if he’s sharp, flacco just doesn’t have it in his repertoire anymore idc how fresh his legs are.

Their team would ride for him in that game tho man, they love Joe over there…

What a rite of passage though dude, if it comes to it then Lamar needs to slay that dragon or he’s gonna have a real shitstorm around him.

Lamar beating Flacco on his way to a SB!?!? awwww shit we cooking now.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Well a) I bet the Steelers to cover in the last meeting, mostly because they were a home underdog. Betting the Steelers as a home underdog is very lucrative. and b) the Steelers just aren't that good, which is the main problem. They've been beaten by teams that have starting players that are on-par with the Ravens backups. And I think a decent amount of the Ravens defensive starters are going to play and probably play longer than you think they will.

Would remind you that Huntley (and Brown) beat the Steelers, on the road, last year, while throwing it 18 times and having a receiving core of Andrews, Robinson, and DeSean Jackson. Steelers had largely the same roster in that game as they will show on Sunday.

I expect Steelers will win, but nobody that has watched the Steelers play this year thinks they should be laying 4 points against any team in this league. Backups or not.

I agree that the scenario you laid out is the most likely one. I just don't really care if Buffalo loses to MIA, because I don't think, by any stretch of the imagination, does it mean they can't beat them in the same place the following week. Most notably, consider that a PIT or JAX loss means BUF makes the playoffs before their game even kicks off. So all they'll be playing for is better seeding. I don't think BUF is nearly as concerned about playing road games outdoors in Jan, compared to Miami, who desperately needs home games (plural) to have any shot.
Yes but while its not only Huntley playing all game in place of Lamar, I think you are not going to see Stanley or Moses or Zeitler for a single snap. The same is certainly true of OBJ and possibly Flowers. Even if everyone else plays that means you have a great pass rush against a backup OLine which will get shredded and the weapons will be Likely Bateman and Aghalor with Gordon and Cook being his primary RBs.

On defense most of the secondary is going to sit because they are all banged up and if you have so much as a stubbed toe you are out for this game. Questionable might as well be out. I have been heavy on the Steelers not being very good for a couple years now but this is the kind of game they tend to win (similar to 2 weeks ago against the Bengals).

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I’m tempted to throw $50 on the Ravens to make tomorrow’s game even more emotional. Any money on Huntley … idk. Vegas has little faith in Pitt at -3
i just want a relaxing game. We deserve this as Ravens fans.

I still remember those yrs wilth flacco that we could barely win a game by more than one score.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
i just want a relaxing game. We deserve this as Ravens fans.

I still remember those yrs wilth flacco that we could barely win a game by more than one score.

We all know it's not gonna be relaxing...