• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs. Steelers

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Again the only way that Browns vs Ravens is not the divisional round is if either the 2 or 3 seed loses which seems unlikely considering who the possibilities for 6 and 7 seeds are.
I mean Miami could easily be the 6th seed, in which case they'd need to beat KC in KC, which isn't really a daunting task at the moment.
Buffalo could also be the 7 seed, and go beat Miami in Miami.

There's nobody that would say they're shocked by any of those outcomes.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I really don't care. It would be cool for "Lamar" to "beat" Joe Flacco (this is intentionally tongue-in-cheek since Lamar & Joe will never directly face each other) merely because it is New Ravens vs. Old Ravens QB. That said, I don't think I like playing their defense. I would rather play against Buffalo because I like our chances vs. them than others. It would also be cool to beat every team en route to the Super Bowl (assuming Bills then Chiefs in AFCCG if we both make it) would make for a nice ending, especially if it's against Dallas or Philadelphia.
I'd love to kick either one of those two teams in the SB. Would totally make my day. Eagles would be my first choice though.

GodIsGreat

Veteran
Flacco has done more in that offense than Watson has ever done
Watson beat good teams and if your not mobile against good pass rush its a long day
The Jags are literally the league-wide definition of average. I don't think they'll have to beat the Jags because I don't think the Jags are making the playoffs to begin with. I think Cleveland will literally boat race Jacksonville in a playoff game. It's a dreadful, dreadful matchup for JAC.
There not boat racing Cleveland has lost some players, all the jags have to do is win against the titans

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Watson beat good teams and if your not mobile against good pass rush its a long day

There not boat racing Cleveland has lost some players, all the jags have to do is win against the titans
Cleveland's been pummeling teams as good, or better, than the Jags, even with lost players.

Jacksonville beating Tennessee isn't super likely either. Especially if Lawrence doesn't play, which he's very questionable at the moment. They're closer to 50/50 with him playing.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yeah let's go through another brutal week of NFL where we might lose star players needed for the playoffs just to make QUADRUPLE sure 9-7 Pittsburgh isn't a SB contender.

I'm with you, it's a dumb week, but it's still viable for those who are on the borderline of making the playoffs. I would definitely vote for it to end in week 17 though.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I mean without knowing who the final seeds are, playing Cleveland in the Divisional round I would say is the most likely outcome at this point.
I think they'll beat any team who wins the AFC South.

Its all "predictions", but if Buffalo beats Miami, that puts the #7 seed @ Buffalo (which would either be PIT, JAC, HOU or IND), and I would certainly take BUF to beat any of those four teams in a home playoff game. That also means MIA @ KC, which KC already beat MIA on a neutral field.

I think there's tons of scenarios where Cleveland @ Baltimore is a Divisional round game.
If Cleveland wins the WC we’re almost certainly seeing them.

I swear to god….

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
I mean Miami could easily be the 6th seed, in which case they'd need to beat KC in KC, which isn't really a daunting task at the moment.
Buffalo could also be the 7 seed, and go beat Miami in Miami.

There's nobody that would say they're shocked by any of those outcomes.
In order for Buffalo to be the 7 seed either the Steelers or Jaguars have to lose, and considering the backups are playing I don’t think the Steelers lose, and the Titans look like they want to be done.

The thing about Miami is against good competition they don’t look good. They already lost to KC at a neutral site, got stomped by the Ravens, got stomped by the Eagles somehow, would have lost to Buffalo twice, with at least one being a blowout, with having them only look good against the Cowboys.

Between their injuries and that resume, I cannot see them beating KC. Just too many injuries in the trenches and they didn’t look great before then.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
In order for Buffalo to be the 7 seed either the Steelers or Jaguars have to lose, and considering the backups are playing I don’t think the Steelers lose, and the Titans look like they want to be done.

The thing about Miami is against good competition they don’t look good. They already lost to KC at a neutral site, got stomped by the Ravens, got stomped by the Eagles somehow, would have lost to Buffalo twice, with at least one being a blowout, with having them only look good against the Cowboys.

Between their injuries and that resume, I cannot see them beating KC. Just too many injuries in the trenches and they didn’t look great before then.
Well I'm already on record with saying I think Tennessee beats JAC this weekend. And honestly, Ravens beating the Steelers wouldn't surprise me either.

I think Miami or BUF could easily beat KC, mostly because KC does basically nothing well as a team right now.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Well I'm already on record with saying I think Tennessee beats JAC this weekend. And honestly, Ravens beating the Steelers wouldn't surprise me either.

I think Miami or BUF could easily beat KC, mostly because KC does basically nothing well as a team right now.
Ravens beating the Steelers would be a shocker considering it will be almost the entire backup offense and probably a lot of the backup defense. I am more surprised you are the one suggesting it considering you suggested I bet the Steelers (good but very lucky bet) the last time they played.

Meanwhile even if Buffalo is the 7 seed that means they will have just lost to Miami on the road and then have to play that exact team again but this time they will totally win. The most likely bet is Ravens vs Browns in the divisional with KC vs Buffalo for the other one and it being Ravens Bills in the AFC Championship game.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I have already conceded that we are playing the Browns in the divisional round. Anyone who denies this is denying the inevitable.
Same. That said, as much as flacco would like to spite us, If we make good use of this break, guys get healthy, and remain healthy, then I don’t think Cleveland has the talent to beat us again and flacco just won’t be able to do it with what he’s got. It’ll be a bitch of a game to slug out because their defense is a problem, but in the end flacco isn’t gonna overcome our defense more than Lamar can overcome theirs, because theoretically Lamar could overcome their defense every single play if he’s sharp, flacco just doesn’t have it in his repertoire anymore idc how fresh his legs are.

Their team would ride for him in that game tho man, they love Joe over there…

What a rite of passage though dude, if it comes to it then Lamar needs to slay that dragon or he’s gonna have a real shitstorm around him.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
For me, the best case scenario is for us to play the Colts and beat them 80-0. You all know how much I hate that fucking asshole Irsay!

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
For me, the best case scenario is for us to play the Colts and beat them 80-0. You all know how much I hate that fucking asshole Irsay!
always nice to set a record against that asshole. If we score that many points the horseshoe will either turn upside down or fall off the helmet completely.