• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs. Steelers

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
I feel like Lamar should play against Pitt. Even if only a half. He needs to keep stacking and needs to get Pitt off his back. It's almost ceremonial.

Lamar has been pretty ass off of byes for some reason and I don't want him to have a double bye
If he plays the chances of him taking chances is zero.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
The Lamar of 2019 is NOT the Lamar of 2024. He's more mature , more consistent and dialed in mentally.

He is also a much better player .

I think it would be crazy to play him against the Steelers. There will be no rust to knock off imo.

If we do, what are we gonna do ? Have him hand off 3 straight plays or make short throws so he doesnt get hit?

The biggest reason to not play him : Injury Machine TJ Watt.

Last edited:

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I think they need to play the starters for a quarter to a half, just so we don't have rust after 3 weeks off.
I think that could do more damage than just sitting a few guys.
How serious the preparation and play would be when you know you're in for maybe just a handful of throws? That's not going to prevent much of a rust build-up, while being exposed to stuff I don't even want to imagine.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
At this point, I think it would be an act of insanity to dress Lamar up for this game. Not for one snap.
After what happened to Chubb on Sunday with the game outcome over, I agree, we have everything to lose if Lamar gets hurt. I would not want Huntley facing Flacco in the playoffs.

Nurps

Ravens Ring of Honor
The Lamar of 2019 is NOT the Lamar of 2024. He's more mature , more consistent and dialed in mentally.

He is also a much better player .

I think it would be crazy to play him against the Steelers. There will be no rust to knock off imo.

If we do, what are we gonna do ? Have him hand off 3 straight plays or make short throws so he doesnt get hit?

The biggest reason to not play him : Injury Machine TJ Watt.
This is exactly how I feel. Different Lamar in totality

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I think that could do more damage than just sitting a few guys.
How serious the preparation and play would be when you know you're in for maybe just a handful of throws? That's not going to prevent much of a rust build-up, while being exposed to stuff I don't even want to imagine.

if we're gonna sit ronnie or moses or zeitler or odell or zay then we should sit lamar - no point having him play a "preseason" game with backups all over the shop - he gets nothing out of that scenario of any benefit whatsoever other than just the actual possibility of getting hit... which is the thing the ravens will be wanting to avoid

if the OL is mostly a go then maybe Lamar plays but if they're sitting other guys on offence it makes no sense for lamar to be out there

rossihunter2

Staff Member
can't believe how many qbs have been injured once we faced them.

but like also lots of weird ones
purdy had a recurrence of a stinger from the week before
tua got injured while sliding
burrow got injured non-contact throwing a pass
watson made it to the end of the game without anyone really knowing he was injured at all

some guys have clearly been knocked out of the game by the defence but the vast majority have been weird incidents

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
if we're gonna sit ronnie or moses or zeitler or odell or zay then we should sit lamar - no point having him play a "preseason" game with backups all over the shop - he gets nothing out of that scenario of any benefit whatsoever other than just the actual possibility of getting hit... which is the thing the ravens will be wanting to avoid

if the OL is mostly a go then maybe Lamar plays but if they're sitting other guys on offence it makes no sense for lamar to be out there
You know Ronnie, Zietler and Moses will probably sit due to nagging jnjuries . .

Why would you play Lamar with 3 starters out ?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
You know Ronnie, Zietler and Moses will probably sit due to nagging jnjuries . .

Why would you play Lamar with 3 starters out ?

exactly - the more i think about it the less likely it seems that these key offensive players will play

think we'll see snoop, gordon, kolar, tylan, treadwell, mekari-sala-mustipher-cleveland-faalele on offence - probably looking at an elevation for owen wright or jake funk to take some of those reps too

on defence i imagine they may struggle to sit as many guys - DL will need to rotate - but expect a lot of edge work for tavius robinson - i wonder if this is the week they send someone down and activate hamm of the i/r dtr

hard to know how many guys will sit on defence - but probably actually need PS elevations at DB just to get through the game - but DL could probably do with it too if we want guys to stay fresh...

tough questions to answer

im assuming we're gonna see a lot of RYS and Pepe on Saturday

Simba

Staff Member
exactly - the more i think about it the less likely it seems that these key offensive players will play

think we'll see snoop, gordon, kolar, tylan, treadwell, mekari-sala-mustipher-cleveland-faalele on offence - probably looking at an elevation for owen wright or jake funk to take some of those reps too

on defence i imagine they may struggle to sit as many guys - DL will need to rotate - but expect a lot of edge work for tavius robinson - i wonder if this is the week they send someone down and activate hamm of the i/r dtr

hard to know how many guys will sit on defence - but probably actually need PS elevations at DB just to get through the game - but DL could probably do with it too if we want guys to stay fresh...

tough questions to answer

im assuming we're gonna see a lot of RYS and Pepe on Saturday
We still have to prepare for the possibility that some of those guys to play though. We might be able to start a bunch of the young guys but if injury hits, the starters would likely have to come in.

Just tough with only 2 elevations. Maybe 1-2 spots on the 53 that could be opened but not much room there either. Probably going to need the elevations in the secondary so hard to build depth at other spots to get through 1 game.

Also as an FYI, Hamm’s window is closed and he’s officially done for the year.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
We still have to prepare for the possibility that some of those guys to play though. We might be able to start a bunch of the young guys but if injury hits, the starters would likely have to come in.

Just tough with only 2 elevations. Maybe 1-2 spots on the 53 that could be opened but not much room there either. Probably going to need the elevations in the secondary so hard to build depth at other spots to get through 1 game.

Also as an FYI, Hamm’s window is closed and he’s officially done for the year.

i guess we're gonna see a bunch of malik harrison on the edge then because moon's out of elevations afaik - probably see a bunch of oweh still then and maybe they let clowney play if there's some incentives he can hit

cunningham feels like the obvious cut if they need a spot but there was a reason they claimed him (think he's now been on the roster enough weeks that he's cuttable but im not 100%)

some of it will be down to the starters themselves i guess too

Simba

Staff Member
i guess we're gonna see a bunch of malik harrison on the edge then because moon's out of elevations afaik - probably see a bunch of oweh still then and maybe they let clowney play if there's some incentives he can hit

cunningham feels like the obvious cut if they need a spot but there was a reason they claimed him (think he's now been on the roster enough weeks that he's cuttable but im not 100%)

some of it will be down to the starters themselves i guess too
Yeah it’s a tight one. I certainly get the appeal of sitting a bunch of the starters but only so much you can do. There’s a good chance a number of those guys are going to have to see the field whether we want them to or not.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
This guy says TJWatt is the dirtiest player in the NFL . Look at those punches he throws !!
How come he is not kicked out of games ??!??

i mean Watt has definitely done dirty shit (and attacking the knees of OL is the worst and most consistent one) but those clips are awful lol - the one on zay and the one on browning he's literally just trying to get the ball out lol... he just misses