• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 18 Pittsburgh Steelers @ Baltimore Ravens

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
We're coming out of this game, knock on wood, healthy. We've given back ups a chance to shine. Yes, it sucks that we're likely about to be swept by Pittsburgh. But the outcome of this game was never going to be the priority. And expecting us to walk through a division rival with a struggling back up QB is at best unrealistic. I definitely get the frustrations that come with any loss, and that frustration can be healthy if it comes from a lack of complacency. But we should still enjoy the fact that we played so well this season, that this game is virtually irrelevant. That's still something we should be happy about.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Could not give a shit less if we win or lose. This Steelers team is bad but we have a clear mix of guys just going through the motions combined with young guys getting their first reps.
Ok Simba, you are pulling me off the ledge cause I'm pissed! Huntley is still trash though.

GodIsGreat

Veteran
When people say that pro bowl thing about Huntley they are saying it as a joke because that is what it was. In his "Pro Bowl" season he played 4 games, had 2 TDs, 3 INTs, and passed for 165 yards per game. The joke is that so many other QBs said no that he got in as the 8th or 9th alternate. NOBODY honestly looks at Huntley as a pro bowl QB. Its a joke thing that people bring up.
the guy threw a perfect passing game, he's clearly a stud
Again nobody was really arguing Huntley was better than Lamar. They were arguing to take the package of picks, let someone else pay a fully guaranteed deal, and trade up for Stroud. I am sure there was some random guy arguing Huntley is better but I am also sure there are random people who think Mahomes is a system QB and if Blaine Gabbart started he would outplay him. That does not mean that there is a real contingent of people thinking that.
Im not saying he was better than lamar, I was saying ravens fans acting like lamar was replaceable for some mid tier qbs in the offszn , like charles woodson on tyler huntley

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
The one thing I don’t understand is why we haven’t given JJ or Cunningham a shot with how bad Huntley had played today

Probably feel bad for him cause this is his final game here. Want to give him a chance to show out for other teams. It ain’t working.