• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Health, the Steelers and the Weather (And Huntley)

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Got out of the game mostly clean with injuries.

Ugly game.
Ugly weather.

Most of the starters who did play were pulled after the half-time or rotated heavily.

Still disappointing to get swept by this ugly Steelers team but to keep this game this close while losing the turnover battle with all those backups is not an embarrassment at all.

Some nice cameos/performances from Stout, Likely, Nelly, Simpson, Phillips.

Ugly quarterback play though. But then again, this team goes nowhere without Lamar anyway.

Onto the games that really matter...

Simba

Staff Member
It was a football game indeed

Seems the injury concerns coming out of this game are Oweh (ankle), Urban (concussion), Geno (knee), and Del’Shawn (shoulder).

2 weeks to get healthy though. Take the L and start prepping.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Football's no fun when you suck, but at least it wasn't stressful

Simba

Staff Member
Will also say I wasn’t a fan of some of the playtime choices. Totally understood some starters were going to need to be in there but felt like we got to a point we were willing to risk some for an ultimately meaningless game. We made the choice to not care about the W when we sat Lamar. Don’t know why that mindset seemingly changed.

Ludy51

Hall of Famer
So either we see Steelers fans get pissed cause both JAX and BUF win and knock them out or they get in and get knocked out In round one?

I see no negatives.

(Other than the obnoxious fans using this “sweep” as evidence of anything)

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Glad to hear that Watt might only have a sprained MCL. Hate to hear about injuries especially to the big name players. Always more fun to watch great players play and though it is a rival player Watt is undeniably great.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
So either we see Steelers fans get pissed cause both JAX and BUF win and knock them out or they get in and get knocked out In round one?

I see no negatives.

(Other than the obnoxious fans using this “sweep” as evidence of anything)
I hope they get in and win the first playoff game. Would mean we play them in the divisional.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Glad to hear that Watt might only have a sprained MCL. Hate to hear about injuries especially to the big name players. Always more fun to watch great players play and though it is a rival player Watt is undeniably great.
Grade 3. His season has to be over but his next season should not be in jeopardy

Steelers aren’t winning shit this year and just hurt their draft position. We knew this game didn’t mean shit to us besides staying healthy. But even with saying that, I hate losing lol

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler
I'd normally agree with that sentiment but Watt can get injured any time he likes

Even though this game was meaningless it's annoying how they can say they swept us. Also, why were we so conservative on offense in a game that didnt matter?

And once again this game just proves how bad Huntley sucks. He has such an ugly throw and no arm strength at all.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Will also say I wasn’t a fan of some of the playtime choices. Totally understood some starters were going to need to be in there but felt like we got to a point we were willing to risk some for an ultimately meaningless game. We made the choice to not care about the W when we sat Lamar. Don’t know why that mindset seemingly changed.

the melvin gordon stuff was the egregious one - gus and hill really shouldnt have been playing that many snaps

dont mind the OT situation because they were just continuing their rotation and linderbaum only played a half

the guys on the backend were always gonna have to play and looks like darby was active but still suffering from the illness that kept him out this week so we were even shorter of depth

Simba

Staff Member
Even though this game was meaningless it's annoying how they can say they swept us. Also, why were we so conservative on offense in a game that didnt matter?

And once again this game just proves how bad Huntley sucks. He has such an ugly throw and no arm strength at all.
I don't know that we were conservative by choice. More so conservative because the guy we had throwing the ball is not so good at actually throwing the ball.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
@Truth was spitting the gospel in the game day thread.

1704588315164.png

rossihunter2

Staff Member

coz snoop literally cant throw it far enough to be aggressive, especially in the weather

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Man, is it just me or does it seem like Watt is always dodging like 2-3 serious injuries per year.

I swear I’m always hearing about Watt going down and how scared the team is, then like 2 hours later the team comes out and is like “haha no worries he just bit his tongue only out 2 weeks”

Modern day Big Ben

classic big ben school of "hard man" acting