• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Health, the Steelers and the Weather (And Huntley)

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
Glad to hear that Watt might only have a sprained MCL. Hate to hear about injuries especially to the big name players. Always more fun to watch great players play and though it is a rival player Watt is undeniably great.

Fully agreed.

CanadianRavensFan

Practice Squad
Really impressed with how Simpson played today, he looks like he will be able to step up next season. Kinda concerned about Gus having fumbles in back to back games. Hopefully he can work on that over the next two weeks

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Honestly it's kinda crazy that Pitts offense which has out up back to back 30+ games under Rudolph put out that against the defense we fielded today......

No:
Marlon
Darby
Hamilton
Roquan
Worley
Stone got hurt
JD and KVN only played a half
Queen didn't play the whole game

Like what? Plus we barely played offense because we kept going 3 and out. They're garbage pretenders and MM has their number

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
Honestly it's kinda crazy that Pitts offense which has out up back to back 30+ games under Rudolph put out that against the defense we fielded today......

No:
Marlon
Darby
Hamilton
Roquan
Worley
Stone got hurt
JD and KVN only played a half
Queen didn't play the whole game

Like what? Plus we barely played offense because we kept going 3 and out. They're garbage pretenders and MM has their number

Oweh too! Honestly, outside of the one play, we kept them grounded with a litter of reserves.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m not worried about this game at all and I don’t care if the Steelers feel they have some bragging rights for sweeping us. I’m just glad we left this game healthy and I’m inspired by the performance of some of these guys. Simpson was very impressive.

I don’t think we were showing much at all on either side of the ball. With that said we could have very very easily won this game. I’m disturbed by Marcus Williams and I really want him to step up his game. He is not earning his money.

At least we can’t repeat 2019. We beat the Steelers in the final week that season.

Simba

Staff Member
I am also immensely sad that Sala didn't play a single snap. Thought for sure they'd give him an opportunity but guess not.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Appreciate it, my man. Just wanted to try to encompass the whole perspective, which is tough to do in the moment given the immediate disappointment.
Like the 2019 season finale against them, I had little stress about the game. I was only worried about the health of our players going into the postseason. The fact that we came out this game with no serious injuries is a W in my eyes. Really didn't give AF about this game which is something I'd never thought I would say about a Steelers game.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I was personally impressed by Del'Shawn Phillips and Trenton Simpson among the players with little experience. Jeremiah Moon also caught the eye a few times. It's a relief all around given that we may lose a few names in the offseason.
This was a fantastic opportunity that guys like Phillips and Simpson got good amount of playing time in regular season. If they can make a respectable leap next season, we should be in good hands.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I’m not worried about this game at all and I don’t care if the Steelers feel they have some bragging rights for sweeping us. I’m just glad we left this game healthy and I’m inspired by the performance of some of these guys. Simpson was very impressive.

I don’t think we were showing much at all on either side of the ball. With that said we could have very very easily won this game. I’m disturbed by Marcus Williams and I really want him to step up his game. He is not earning his money.

At least we can’t repeat 2019. We beat the Steelers in the final week that season.
Last sentence is key. The sacrifice has been made. The football gods are making way.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I hope they get in and win the first playoff game. Would mean we play them in the divisional.
I want nothing to do with a division rival. Especially Pitt.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I do. The only thing that will absolve being swept by Pitt in the regular season is crushing them in the playoffs like the dude who went through the stone breaker in the Temple of Doom.
You’re fooling yourself if you think we’d crush Pitt.. how often has that happened in the history of the rivalry? Mike Tomlin always finds a way to make it difficult