• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: Wild-Card Bye

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yeah, I can’t see hitting Bateman with the 5th year. Oweh makes sense but not Bateman. He just hasn’t done enough to justify it. Oweh may be a little off of where you’d hope he would be, but he is contributing and has a role. Bateman is in a weird spot where he is good but Lamar and him haven’t connected. I’d rather roll the dice and not put the option on him.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Yeah, I can’t see hitting Bateman with the 5th year. Oweh makes sense but not Bateman. He just hasn’t done enough to justify it. Oweh may be a little off of where you’d hope he would be, but he is contributing and has a role. Bateman is in a weird spot where he is good but Lamar and him haven’t connected. I’d rather roll the dice and not put the option on him.
I agree but he's also had a tough time considering who he's been behind. He was totally coming on last season before the injury and then fell off a cliff and hasn't come back. He's creating separation and all but that doesn't show up in the stats. Really a shame because I think he's a very talented WR. Maybe we can extend him.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I agree but he's also had a tough time considering who he's been behind. He was totally coming on last season before the injury and then fell off a cliff and hasn't come back. He's creating separation and all but that doesn't show up in the stats. Really a shame because I think he's a very talented WR. Maybe we can extend him.
Oh I would bring him back but I’m not giving him a lucrative long term deal nor am I applying the 5th year option to him until I see more from him if I’m Ravens management. He’s a WR3 for us. He has all the skills but hasn’t managed to make those connections. He’s a 50/50 player, could go either way when you throw him the ball.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I think that's just the 5th year option, so no tag needed.
That's what I meant.
Agree with a lot of the discussion on who we "prefer" to play, but end of the day, we are the best. We know we're the best. We fear nobody. We play well, and we will beat every single team that we play.

3 wins away from a Lombardi trophy.
What. This team even has you in the spirit!?!?!

This man's been hacked. Where's sizzle

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
That's what I meant.

What. This team even has you in the spirit!?!?!

This man's been hacked. Where's sizzle
LOL you do realize I'm EASILY one of the more "positive" posters on here right? You won't see me joining the masses in the "we're the worst fucking team on the planet" chants after losing a road game in Pittsburgh. Regular season is a week to week league. You look at the picture on totality, not based on the last thing you saw.

There is no team that has performed better than us in the regular season. Now it just comes down to whether that execution translates to the playoffs.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
LOL you do realize I'm EASILY one of the more "positive" posters on here right? You won't see me joining the masses in the "we're the worst fucking team on the planet" chants after losing a road game in Pittsburgh. Regular season is a week to week league. You look at the picture on totality, not based on the last thing you saw.

There is no team that has performed better than us in the regular season. Now it just comes down to whether that execution translates to the playoffs.

Nothing to do with positive or negative. I'm probably one of the few who actually doesn't think you're just out here spewing hate. Just you're usually a by the books guy. This just feels like the most enthusiasm I've seen from you but that's me lol.

And completely agree. Media keeps trying to compare this team to 19 and they are nothing alike aside from regular season success. Even there this team is miles ahead. As long as Lamar doesn't let the outside noise get to him and we stay healthy I truly believe this team should coast to a SB win. I'm talking Huntley in the game 7-8 minutes left in each round.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
And completely agree. Media keeps trying to compare this team to 19 and they are nothing alike aside from regular season success. Even there this team is miles ahead. As long as Lamar doesn't let the outside noise get to him and we stay healthy I truly believe this team should coast to a SB win. I'm talking Huntley in the game 7-8 minutes left in each round.
You lost me right there at the end.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Many of the injured players, at least on offense, that the Dolphins are missing will be back for this game.
And KC is playing by far its worst football of the year at this point in the season. Chiefs and Eagles are doing tremendous limping right now.

Chiefs opened and will likely remain at around 3-4 point favorites. I'd take Miami at that spread all day long.

Browns -2.5
Chiefs -3.5
Bills -9.5
Cowboys -7.5
Lions -3
Eagles -2.5

Those are the spreads
I hate half those lines. I think the only ones I like are Browns, Tampa, and possibly Detroit (will have to look more into this one). Cowboys I would normally like that line, but the Packers have this habit of limiting possessions to really low numbers so games stay close and the Cowboys run D has been suspect.

I’m probably also going to be forced to take Steelers again. Vegas and overhyping the Bills seems to be their thing. Just no way the Steelers lose by double digits.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Agree with a lot of the discussion on who we "prefer" to play, but end of the day, we are the best. We know we're the best. We fear nobody. We play well, and we will beat every single team that we play.

3 wins away from a Lombardi trophy.

Only worried about the ravens as I have been in every game we’ve lost

We should have only 1 loss this season… to the steelers in week 18

There is no team in the nfl that worries me more than the ravens

Which is gonna make it hard to watch the next 3 games because there’s only the expected or the negative outcome - no positive surprises

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Wouldn't it be more beneficial to get an extension done instead of the the 5th year option in most cases? And he's been trending upwards.

He’s not gonna sign an early deal and you have to guarantee the 5th year option this offseason for 12-13m. That feels like a no-brainer to me because he’s not gonna take the low money coz if we pick up the option he’s guaranteed 12m and if we don’t he probably gets that (or more) guaranteed in free agency too at a minimum.

If he takes off on year 4 then obviously you try and extend him, but also if he takes off in year 4 then the year 5 price is a bargain still.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I hate half those lines. I think the only ones I like are Browns, Tampa, and possibly Detroit (will have to look more into this one). Cowboys I would normally like that line, but the Packers have this habit of limiting possessions to really low numbers so games stay close and the Cowboys run D has been suspect.

I’m probably also going to be forced to take Steelers again. Vegas and overhyping the Bills seems to be their thing. Just no way the Steelers lose by double digits.
Preliminary:
Cleveland -2.5 feels obvious
I'd take Dallas -7.5 all day long. That line should be 9-10 at least. That's got blowout written all over it.
Rams +3 makes a ton of sense
I think BUF/PIT should be 10 so that's about right. Even if the game is "close", a like 23-13 win makes plenty of sense. Pittsburgh's defense is going to need probably 2-3 turnovers to be able to score more than about 10-13 points in this game.

No real feel for the others. If the Chiefs line gets up above 4 or so I'd bet Dolphins.