• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Coaching Carousel 2024

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor

i really thought this was a done deal when they brought BB back for a 2nd interview lol

BB might be okay waiting a year for Cowboys or Eagles to open up (or Bills if Buffalo is smart). Atlanta has some talent but a team that will likely be starting Justin Fields at QB does fill me with “contender” vibes.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Can we get BB on this staff in any capacity? That is if he doesn't get a HC job
He is not going to take anything other than a HC job. He is probably better off just waiting because the available jobs after next year could be very interesting.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Already been said it won't be him, but Macdonald would be foolish to even consider a college head coaching job at this point. He'll get an NFL head coaching offer soon if he keeps it up. May not be this year but it's coming.
So I sort of disagree to a certain extent. I think if you're a quality, younger offensive coordinator in the NFL, and your team can score points, you can pretty much write your ticket to getting a HC job within 2-3 years. There's 8 HC vacancies right now, and the only two defensive guys who got gigs were guys that were already a part of those teams (Pierce and Mayo). Three are offensive guys, and at least one more for sure will be, and possibly all of them.
Guys like Belichick and Vrabel are quite possibly not going to get HC offers in a league where 25% of the teams were replacing their coach. That sort of sends a message to teams about how they value defense in the NFL at the moment.

I don't think MM should go to college because I think whatever HC gig he could get in college is frankly a step down from being a DC in the NFL. He's not getting the Michigan job (nor would I expect them to offer it to him), and so he'd end up at a mid-tier D1 program in a Power 4 conference. Probably more $ for him, but an NFL DC job is a better gig.

There's plenty of coaches who were "rising stars" who never got HC offers and now seemingly have a long way to go to get them. Wink was a HC candidate like 3 years ago. Bienemy was the "sure thing" HC candidate and now he's about to maybe be an OC on his third team in three years, and he's an offensive guy. It's brutally hard to be a DC in this league and get serious consideration for HC jobs right now. And that's actually made worse by how long your team lasts in the playoffs. Teams don't want to wait 3-4 weeks or longer to hire HC's.

Simba

Staff Member
Falcons going Raheem Morris. A surprise but word is he really impressed and had some glowing recommendations

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Panther's hiring Canales as HC. So does that leave Seattle and Washington?
Correct. Washington seems to be in on Lions OC Ben Johnson, and it feels as if Seattle is down to Dan Quinn or Macdonald, whoever they feel is the best choice.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
So... Antonio Pierce, Jerod Mayo and now Raheem Morris. That's 3 new Black Head Coaches in the NFL next season.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
So Adam Schefter says both the Seahawks and Commanders don't plan on hiring anyone until after the Championship Games. Obviously if the 49ers win, Ben Johnson becomes available immediately and will likely be named Head Coach of the Commanders on Monday. This also makes me think that if Seattle is waiting until next week, that Macdonald is number one for them over Quinn. They can just hire Quinn now, no wait needed. Only need to wait for Macdonald, and when we win, will the Seahawks wait until after the Super Bowl?