• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Coaching Carousel 2024

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Greg Roman is going to be the Chargers OC.

Since Jim is a former QB I can see him tweaking things to make it a more QB friendly system. Also Jim might actually force the team to stick to its strengths.

Simba

Staff Member
This about to be Bienemy part 2? I joke but seems Johnson isn’t as sure of thing as portrayed, and the reports coming out are going to lead to more questions

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
so ultimately we've lost Macdonald, Weaver and Wilson all in 1 year

we've got a new DC in Orr

but means we now need to find a new DL coach, a new LB coach and a new DB coach

i wonder where we'll go to fill those holes

we do at least still have Hewitt with the secondary and Dr Rush with the OLBs but no obvious in-house candidates to replace the guys who are leaving
With Anthony Weaver leaving I think the team will consider looking at Wink Martindale and Ron Rivera as potential hires for their coaching staff. Wink may be a long shot but he knows the defensive system and could be that voice of wisdom for Zach Orr. Ron Rivera and John Harbaurgh have history together back when they used to be apart of the eagles coaching staff together and are considered to be friends. Rivera is supposed to be still a respected defensive mind so he could also be another one that can be voice of wisdom for Zach Orr along with whatever role he is given to do.

I could see Harbaugh also being interested in coaches like Jim Leonard,Derrick Ansley, Shane Bowen,Mike Caldwell, Ted Monachino, and Matt Pees.

Simba

Staff Member
With Anthony Weaver leaving I think the team will consider looking at Wink Martindale and Ron Rivera as potential hires for their coaching staff. Wink may be a long shot but he knows the defensive system and could be that voice of wisdom for Zach Orr. Ron Rivera and John Harbaurgh have history together back when they used to be apart of the eagles coaching staff together and are considered to be friends. Rivera is supposed to be still a respected defensive mind so he could also be another one that can be voice of wisdom for Zach Orr along with whatever role he is given to do.

I could see Harbaugh also being interested in coaches like Jim Leonard,Derrick Ansley, Shane Bowen,Mike Caldwell, Ted Monachino, and Matt Pees.
Wink ain’t coming back. His exit was not as pretty as it appeared to be at the time. I know someone who knows him very well.

So dont we get 4 3rd round picks for Wilson and Weaver leaving?

Maybe we should sign Bobby Jackson to the coaching staff

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
So dont we get 4 3rd round picks for Wilson and Weaver leaving?

Maybe we should sign Bobby Jackson to the coaching staff
Teams only get 3rd round picks if a minority coach or executive becomes a head coach or general manager. It doesn't apply to those that become coordinators.

Last edited: