• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Coaching Carousel 2024

Simba

Staff Member
Ben Johnson pulling out of both HC races after interviewing with both says a lot about how he feels about those job offers lol
No security at QB in either place. Would guess if he had been offered by the Chargers, he'd be gone.

He's really banking on continuing to be a hot name though.

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
No security at QB in either place. Would guess if he had been offered by the Chargers, he'd be gone.

Have the seahawks given up faith in Geno Smith? I know he was pretty good in 2022 and I think the seahawks were interested in Ben Johnson. Figured if he can make it work with Jared Goff then he might have been fine with potentially working with Geno Smith

Simba

Staff Member
Have the seahawks given up faith in Geno Smith? I know he was pretty good in 2022 and I think the seahawks were interested in Ben Johnson. Figured if he can make it work with Jared Goff then he might have been fine with potentially working with Geno Smith
Didn't quite capture the 2022 magic and isn't exactly a long-term solution either way.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

no reason he wont be tbf
all the non-hotshot offensive guys keep getting jobs every year - so he's gonna be perpetually at the top of the list as long as his offences dont fall off a cliff (hard to imagine that happening given the talent they have in town right now)

washington should have been a really attractive job for an offensive-minded HC candidate though
- a new owner looking to invest and lots of cap space available to improve the roster
- a rookie QB to mould with a top 2 draft pick (which gives you a certain amount of job security as long as they dont suck)
- a highly-regarded 1st year GM to work with
- some nice pieces to work with around your rookie QB

i get why it's not the ideal job - but most jobs that sack HCs arent going to be

Simba

Staff Member
no reason he wont be tbf
all the non-hotshot offensive guys keep getting jobs every year - so he's gonna be perpetually at the top of the list as long as his offences dont fall off a cliff (hard to imagine that happening given the talent they have in town right now)

washington should have been a really attractive job for an offensive-minded HC candidate though
- a new owner looking to invest and lots of cap space available to improve the roster
- a rookie QB to mould with a top 2 draft pick (which gives you a certain amount of job security as long as they dont suck)
- a highly-regarded 1st year GM to work with
- some nice pieces to work with around your rookie QB

i get why it's not the ideal job - but most jobs that sack HCs arent going to be
Yeah Washington isn't terrible by any means, but I can also understand waiting it out and seeing if that Philly job or something like that opens up next year. There are some fun pieces in Washington still but it's a rebuild.

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
I am petrified by Ben Johnson and Bobby Slowik staying put. Was very much hoping Johnson would be in either Seattle or Washington. I hope that Macdonald follows their decision!

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer

this might have an impact though

I'm 99% sure it won't.

Josh McDaniels pulled out from the Colts just before he was set to be announced as head coach and got a job as the Raiders coach the very next year. And this was after we knew how disastrous he was in Denver.