• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Coaching Carousel 2024

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Apparently the person who leaked Pete Carroll being out in Seattle is saying MacDonald is the hire in Seattle.

I don't know her as a reputable source, but maybe she's got connections in Seattle?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I'm 99% sure it won't.

Josh McDaniels pulled out from the Colts just before he was set to be announced as head coach and got a job as the Raiders coach the very next year. And this was after we knew how disastrous he was in Denver.
was it the next year. Think it was a couple years after, but I agree it won't be an issue.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Apparently the person who leaked Pete Carroll being out in Seattle is saying MacDonald is the hire in Seattle.

I don't know her as a reputable source, but maybe she's got connections in Seattle?
Time to use AI Deep Fakes to get Seattle to change their minds

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
So no interest in Vrabel or Bienemy. Will a new HC in Wash keep Bienemy?
Guess that's up to them. I would imagine that's a tougher sell, given that, seemingly, Bienemy took that role with the expectation that he could get promoted to HC with that team if Rivera got fired (which he did). And now he's seemingly being passed over for it.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
It's been reported very often that Bienemy interviews horrendously and rubs players the wrong way with a hard ass attitude.

Couple that with the Colorado SA scandal and I think the deck is stacked against him.

Simba

Staff Member
It's been reported very often that Bienemy interviews horrendously and rubs players the wrong way with a hard ass attitude.

Couple that with the Colorado SA scandal and I think the deck is stacked against him.
He also left KC to try to prove that he was part of the success there. Goes to Washington and they got worse offensively than they already were. Sounds like the shine on him was always worse than the media portrayed, and him making no visible impact has probably dampened that even more.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
He also left KC to try to prove that he was part of the success there. Goes to Washington and they got worse offensively than they already were. Sounds like the shine on him was always worse than the media portrayed, and him making no visible impact has probably dampened that even more.
His play calling was as baffling as the Ravens Sunday.

He had a second year quarterback who was very turnover prone lead the league in attempts behind a bad offensive line.

Very smart!

JAAM

Hall of Famer
If Mike goes to Seattle, does that leave us with Weaver as our DC?

Simba

Staff Member
If Mike goes to Seattle, does that leave us with Weaver as our DC?
Sounds like Weaver, Hewitt, and Wilson would be the candidates. I would guess Weaver is the favorite based on his assistant HC title but they could surprise.

Simba

Staff Member
Quinn looks to be the favorite in Washington right now, but sounds like Weaver made a really good impression too. Could end up losing 2 of our guys. At least we’d get comp picks in this case.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Sounds like Weaver, Hewitt, and Wilson would be the candidates. I would guess Weaver is the favorite based on his assistant HC title but they could surprise.
Gonna guess that Mike will take one of them to be his DC if he goes to Seattle. That'll make the choice simpler.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
MIKE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I HAVE A FRIEND NAMED DEPRESSION, A PILL I TAKE TO RELAX HIM, AND WHEN HE ACHES ITS A PAIN YOU COULDN'T FATHOM.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Congrats, Seattle. Ya’ll got a real one. Fuck.