• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Coaching Carousel 2024

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
I’m with you on this one. Sucks to see him go but he deserves it. Defensive guys gotta strike while they can nowadays and this is a good, stable organization for him.
Definitely. I think the team will be fine also with Anthony Weaver, Chris Hewitt or whomever they decided to pick to replace Mike but happy that he gets a change to be a head coach.

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
Devastating news. Hurts nearly as much as the loss does. It's expected, I'm happy for him. Would've been so relieved if he stayed around.

Ludy51

Hall of Famer
Well at least we’re in a decent spot to fill the vancancy, better than if we lost Monken anyways

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
I bet we could get Marvin Lewis to come back.
Ravens don't run the same defensive system from the time Marvin Lewis was apart of the coaching staff so don't see that happening. Could see them bring back Wink but I'm sure the guy they want is already on the coaching staff

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Ravens don't run the same defensive system from the time Marvin Lewis was apart of the coaching staff so don't see that happening. Could see them bring back Wink but I'm sure the guy they want is already on the coaching staff
I wouldn’t watch any of next season if they brought back Wink lol

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
if it's not anthony weaver, fire harbs

If we were going to let Macdonald leave just to fire Harbaugh that week, we'd likely have questions about DeCosta. It looks like Wilson might be in play, which honestly could be more sensible. He worked wonders with the Eagles secondary, which fell apart after his departure. And given how much our scheme is predicated on the secondary, he'd likely be the closest thing to emulation of Macdonald.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
If we were going to let Macdonald leave just to fire Harbaugh that week, we'd likely have questions about DeCosta. It looks like Wilson might be in play, which honestly could be more sensible. He worked wonders with the Eagles secondary, which fell apart after his departure. And given how much our scheme is predicated on the secondary, he'd likely be the closest thing to emulation of Macdonald.
Wilson is who I want promoted. I'd bet on Weaver, though.

Simba

Staff Member
Word on the streets is that they love Wilson and don’t want to see him get away quite yet. Might take a DC promotion with all of his reported interest elsewhere.

Simba

Staff Member
A little knowledge drop here... I've been seeing my guy a little more frequently as he's become a regular at a place I regularly attend as well lol

They were always preparing for Macdonald to depart. Think there was a small sliver of hope that he'd remain once Seattle was seemingly going hard after Quinn, but they knew Seattle was looking for an outside voice after having Carroll and his disciples for so long.

As I alluded to above, they love Dennard Wilson and think he might be a better stylistic fit than Weaver as a DC. Nothing against Weaver necessarily. With him being alive for the Washington job still, there are some that hope he gets it not only because he's a good guy and deserves it, but because it puts the Ravens in a tough position if he doesn't. The "original" plan would have been promoting Weaver to DC, giving Wilson a fancier title and a pay bump, and seeing if Weaver gets a HC job next cycle. But with Wilson being a hot commodity, they may have to bump him to DC now. That obviously puts Weaver in a tough spot as a guy who has paid his dues and has been treated as the next in line of sorts (and having been passed up once already in favor of Macdonald 2 years ago).

So, they'll have decisions to make essentially. They love both coaches but recognize Wilson's talent and want to keep molding him. They were shocked that Philly didn't hire him as DC last year and reached out immediately to get him in the building.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I want to thank John Harbaugh & Todd Monken along w/ Lamar Jackson for the awful "Kansas City is in our heads" performance from Sunday that led to Mike leaving us without delivering a Super Bowl.

On a bright side, we had Pagano in 2011 when we lost to Patriots in the AFCCG and then had Dean Peas promoted to win the Super Bowl the next year. Maybe this is truly a repeat coming.