• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs. Texans (Divisional Round)

Simba

Staff Member
Opponent and date have been set. We'll be on the stage at 4:30 on Saturday.

The Texans are a good team and very different from the one we faced in week 1, but the Ravens are very different as well. I'd expect us to show a ton of different looks on D to keep Stroud on his toes. Rookie QBs traditionally haven't fared well against us so let's hope that continues.

Sooky

Pro Bowler
Stroud is no typical rookie. Limited film on him will make this difficult. Make no mistake they are also not the same team weak 1. This young team is fearless and will run through a wall for Demeco Ryans

Nurps

Ravens Ring of Honor
They are the challenge. In my mind, we get through them, the AFCCG will be easy.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Saturday at 4:30 on ESPN/ABC meaning we got Buck & Aikman. Should be a good game, Texans being without Noah Brown is big, cause if we stop Nico then we can limit their passing attack. We end the Texans season and move on to the AFC Championship Game and welcome whoever is still alive between Bills & Chiefs. Hopefully they beat the hell out of each other before they get to us.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Call me crazy, but I really like CJ Stroud and I would say of any of the other candidates mentioned, if not Lamar for MVP then CJ would be my unconventional pick despite being a rookie since he literally turned around their team and when he was out it was noticeable. I don’t know if we will curb stomp this team (we could) but I’m eager to see which Ravens team shows up to play. I believe in our guys and I think we’re ready, only 2 more games to play and this is the first one if we want to make it.

What are their injuries? Noah Brown but anyone else? I know they have my boy Derek Stingley.

Sooky

Pro Bowler
The media is about to help us with some bulletin board material disrespect. Should be good
Luckily with all the recency bias fans there will be a lot of bulletin board material. Everyone will be claiming Stroud as the best QB OAT after his great game. Roquan gonna have to get that D locked in.

Ludy51

Hall of Famer
This is a good Texans team, better than the one we played Week one, but so are we.

Weirdly I see this as a tougher game than either Buffalo or KC, we win this one I’m confident in a Super Bowl berth

This will be a Good Game. I think the Ravens will show the Texans the Ravens are the best in the league. Ravens win 27-17!

GodIsGreat

Veteran
What is important to me is that mac went 3-0 during that stretch to the shahanna tree( mcvay, kyle, mcdaniels) the defense should be experienced with it at this point and they have no dell nor brown, but also I think pitre went down and exit the game they'll have him back, stingley has become a top 5 cb, anderson was already giving the line work

PuRock

Practice Squad
Game plan is simple, just dont be the Browns.

Limit the big plays. Without Noah Brown, they are down to Nico, Woods, and Metchie. I think our CBs are a great matchup against that set. Focus on pass D like norm and keep everything in front, make them prove their run game can get it done. IMO their OL is not as good as week 1. Get pressure especially down the middle, which we should be able to do.

On offense, just do what we do. Wouldn't be surprised if the reigns are lifted a bit more on Lamar runs. Zay should eat.

No game is a given, but I like the matchup.

Nurps

Ravens Ring of Honor
Game plan is simple, just dont be the Browns.

Limit the big plays. Without Noah Brown, they are down to Nico, Woods, and Metchie. I think our CBs are a great matchup against that set. Focus on pass D like norm and keep everything in front, make them prove their run game can get it done. IMO their OL is not as good as week 1. Get pressure especially down the middle, which we should be able to do.

On offense, just do what we do. Wouldn't be surprised if the reigns are lifted a bit more on Lamar runs. Zay should eat.

No game is a given, but I like the matchup.
Good to hear from you ^_^

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Only real concern with me against Houston is that Stroud has been great at beating Zone coverages, which the Ravens play a lot of. But I think with us hopefully having a healthy secondary, and them being down 2 of their 3 best receivers, we should be able to mitigate that.

Houston has easily the worst defense of the four teams left in the AFC, so I'd expect us to be able to score quite a bit in this game.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Only real concern with me against Houston is that Stroud has been great at beating Zone coverages, which the Ravens play a lot of. But I think with us hopefully having a healthy secondary, and them being down 2 of their 3 best receivers, we should be able to mitigate that.

Houston has easily the worst defense of the four teams left in the AFC, so I'd expect us to be able to score quite a bit in this game.
That kid is playing well.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
This is a good Texans team, better than the one we played Week one, but so are we.

Weirdly I see this as a tougher game than either Buffalo or KC, we win this one I’m confident in a Super Bowl berth
I think the Bills are a tough out unless we can force Allen into committing his traditional mistakes. He is due for one in the next couple of games. I'm hoping he waits until he plays us.

Simba

Staff Member
I think the Bills are a tough out unless we can force Allen into committing his traditional mistakes. He is due for one in the next couple of games. I'm hoping he waits until he plays us.
It’s a really weird team. They have drives of absolute greatness in games and then will have 5 or 6 that are completely lifeless right after that.