• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs. Texans (Divisional Round)

rossihunter2

Staff Member
What is important to me is that mac went 3-0 during that stretch to the shahanna tree( mcvay, kyle, mcdaniels) the defense should be experienced with it at this point and they have no dell nor brown, but also I think pitre went down and exit the game they'll have him back, stingley has become a top 5 cb, anderson was already giving the line work

my only concern about that stretch is there's now a lot of film on how we defend that shanahan tree offence

Should be a fun one. The early line is Ravens 9.5 point favorite. That will tighten up as the week goes on but we are the early (heavy) favorite, as we should be. We are the better team. Talent all over the field, on both sides of the ball, and we’re playing in our yard. Two very good coordinators. If the Texan had any edge it would be on ST’s. Having said all that, there’s that old
Cliche……you know the one.

GO RAVENS!!!

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Call me crazy, but I really like CJ Stroud and I would say of any of the other candidates mentioned, if not Lamar for MVP then CJ would be my unconventional pick despite being a rookie since he literally turned around their team and when he was out it was noticeable. I don’t know if we will curb stomp this team (we could) but I’m eager to see which Ravens team shows up to play. I believe in our guys and I think we’re ready, only 2 more games to play and this is the first one if we want to make it.

What are their injuries? Noah Brown but anyone else? I know they have my boy Derek Stingley.
yep, I was a big fan of Derek Stingley. Loved both him and Hamilton in the 2022 class.

Baltimorican

Practice Squad
Game plan is simple, just dont be the Browns.

Limit the big plays. Without Noah Brown, they are down to Nico, Woods, and Metchie. I think our CBs are a great matchup against that set. Focus on pass D like norm and keep everything in front, make them prove their run game can get it done. IMO their OL is not as good as week 1. Get pressure especially down the middle, which we should be able to do.

On offense, just do what we do. Wouldn't be surprised if the reigns are lifted a bit more on Lamar runs. Zay should eat.

No game is a given, but I like the matchup.

Yeah so do I. Too many mismatches in the Ravens favor to be worried about this one. They are down to 1 real threat on offense, the tackles are beat up, the secondary has plenty of holes to exploit. It's going to take somebody who can commit to the run to oust B-more and Devin Singletary on the road is not that guy.

Baltimorican

Practice Squad
Was thinking 42-20. They'll score garbage time points. We let that happen every week

I got 30-17. The weather and some rust should bog the offense down a bit and Stroud will go down swinging. But I think we get our turnovers, the Texans youth makes a couple mistakes and we'll be up comfortably heading into 4th qtr.

Simba

Staff Member
Yeah so do I. Too many mismatches in the Ravens favor to be worried about this one. They are down to 1 real threat on offense, the tackles are beat up, the secondary has plenty of holes to exploit. It's going to take somebody who can commit to the run to oust B-more and Devin Singletary on the road is not that guy.
We match up real well here. When I say I'm not worried, I don't mean that directly. If we play our game like we have been, this game shouldn't be a problem. The worry that we shit the bed always exists. But theoretically this game shouldn't be a loss AS LONG AS we don't beat ourselves.

Think the much tougher matchups are the AFC championship ones if we make it - Buffalo with their usage of 2 TEs (assuming they play more consistently than they have been) and KC with Pacheco in the run game, Rice looking good as a pass catcher, and actually a good defense.

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler
Stroud can do the thing that MacDonald's defense has most trouble with - pass accurately to WRs on the outside. He had some success doing it in Week 1. The Colts hurt us with it, so did Stafford and even the Steelers the first time. Luckily, Stephens and Marlon have improved as the season has gone on.

Houston has found a running game (our other defensive weak point) but I don't think slow Singletary is the type of RB we really struggle against. He's not going to get to the outside and gash us too often.

I don't want to get too high based on the last few games - it isn't so long ago that the Jags dominated both lines of scrimmage and we only won due to some Lamar heroics - but I think we should win.

Every home team has had been on the right side of the refs' decisions so far in the playoffs. Any chance that continues next week?

Baltimorican

Practice Squad
Stroud can do the thing that MacDonald's defense has most trouble with - pass accurately to WRs on the outside. He had some success doing it in Week 1. The Colts hurt us with it, so did Stafford and even the Steelers the first time. Luckily, Stephens and Marlon have improved as the season has gone on.

Houston has found a running game (our other defensive weak point) but I don't think slow Singletary is the type of RB we really struggle against. He's not going to get to the outside and gash us too often.

I don't want to get too high based on the last few games - it isn't so long ago that the Jags dominated both lines of scrimmage and we only won due to some Lamar heroics - but I think we should win.

Every home team has had been on the right side of the refs' decisions so far in the playoffs. Any chance that continues next week?

Agreed on all those nice points. I'd chime in however that the WR's that have hurt us with those accurate outside shots have mostly been precise route runners, Kupp and Puka, Amari Cooper for example. Not so much the big bodied phenoms like Deebo or Metcalf. Nico Collins falls in the latter category with the route runner on that team being Woods. A 6/61 afternoon out of Woods isn't going to ding our armor.

Last edited:

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler
Agreed on all those nice points. I'd chime in however that the WR's that have hurt us with those accurate outside shots have mostly been precise route runners, Kupp and Puka, Amari Cooper for example. Not so much the big bodied phenoms like Deebo or Metcalf. Nico Collins falls in the latter category with the route runner on that team being Woods. A 6/61 afternoon out of Woods isn't going to ding our armor.
Big WRs like Pickens and Pittman have hurt us too so I still think Nico will be dangerous.

Baltimorican

Practice Squad
Big WRs like Pickens and Pittman have hurt us too so I still think Nico will be dangerous.

Pittman was held to 9/77 and 34 of that came on the strike in OT. We locked him down but let the Colts hang around so damn long he finally got one. Pickens I'll give you but that was against a gimpy Humphrey.