• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs. Texans (Divisional Round)

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
You really tempted fate by putting that out there?
Besides, guarantee there will be far more arrogance on Texan forums, already see them declaring Stroud better than Lamar and calling Lamar a playoff choker. We will get the bulletin board material this week, I haven’t even started looking just saw Ravens fans reporting the trash talk they’ve seen so far.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Im just ready for us to play the niners again in the SB… only worry i have
Yeah they would be so hard to beat twice. Would literally love to play GB if they go on a magical run. Think we would be able to handle Detroit pretty easy. Have no faith in Tampa.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Stole this from Reddit :

The Texans are 0-4 against top-10 passing defenses on the road:

9-25 loss to the Ravens

19-21 loss to the Falcons

13-15 loss to the Panthers

6-30 loss to the Jets

**CJ Stroud in those games:

74/126 (58.7% COMP)

722 Yards (181 yards/game)

1 TD

0 INTs

77.6 passer rating

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Stole this from Reddit :

9-25 loss to the Ravens

6-30 loss to the Jets

74/126 (58.7% COMP)

1 TD

0 INTs

77.6 passer rating
This stat made me curious so I looked into it. When I see people mash two ideas together “top 10 pass defense” and “on the road” it makes me want to check what they look like apart.

The most obvious is if you remove “on the road” suddenly the number 2 Browns get included and that blows up the graphic considering they are the most recent opponent and he played great. Now I think Browns pass defense is overrated by being in AFC North but they aren’t bad.

Meanwhile if you remove “top 10 defense” you have to add in a lot of road games that blow up the graphic.

The Ravens are going to win, and probably cover, but I’m not a fan of this style of “let me figure out the combination of metrics that makes my guy look good”. It’s using statistics dishonesty and I oppose that and someone who loves using data.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
This stat made me curious so I looked into it. When I see people mash two ideas together “top 10 pass defense” and “on the road” it makes me want to check what they look like apart.

The most obvious is if you remove “on the road” suddenly the number 2 Browns get included and that blows up the graphic considering they are the most recent opponent and he played great. Now I think Browns pass defense is overrated by being in AFC North but they aren’t bad.

Meanwhile if you remove “top 10 defense” you have to add in a lot of road games that blow up the graphic.

The Ravens are going to win, and probably cover, but I’m not a fan of this style of “let me figure out the combination of metrics that makes my guy look good”. It’s using statistics dishonesty and I oppose that and someone who loves using data.
I agree about manipulating statistics but on the road and top 10 defense and their effectiveness shouldn’t necessarily be separated. Home field advantage is going to help augment the pass defense

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Stole this from Reddit :

9-25 loss to the Ravens

6-30 loss to the Jets

74/126 (58.7% COMP)

1 TD

0 INTs

77.6 passer rating
Thats why we are 9.5 point favorite

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
I am pumped! I am so happy that it is the first playoff game of the weekend! I want to get right down to business and get this game done!

on a side note, I love Lamar, he is such a likable guy, but I have to admit, I am starting to become a little bit of a CJ Stroud fan. I love the way he is devoted to his faith and he is not afraid to talk about it in all his interviews. He seems like a really cool young man. With that said, I hope he throws a few pick sixes and INTs on Saturda. Go Ravens.