• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Divisional Round Discussion (other teams)

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Ravens game is first up so feelings on the rest of the games will have been made up by that game.

Following the ravens on Saturday night:
49ers-Packers - in a mirror game of the ravens-Texans, the 1 seed in the NFC taking on an upstart team with a young QB playing great football. 49ers big favourites but a shanahan disciple gets to take on the top of the tree.

Sunday begins at 3pm ET:
Lions-Bucs - Cowboys implosion leads to the Lions getting another home game. Bucs have been on a fun run but should be no way it continues beyond the Lions.

Divisional Round closes with SNF:
Bills-Chiefs - is this the first time Mahomes has started a road playoff game? Bills were awesome and mediocre in spurts against the steelers while the Chiefs probably played their best game of the season against the Dolphins. A rematch of the infamous divisional round game that changed overtime rules in the playoffs.

Regardless, our opinions of the above will be completely affected by however our game saturday afternoon turns out.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Kyle Shanahan may be the top of his own tree but man is he on a branch of a much larger Redwood Tree

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Kyle Shanahan may be the top of his own tree but man is he on a branch of a much larger Redwood Tree

idk man, if you listened to jourdan rodrigue's playcallers series, the other guys in his tree definitely dont feel like they're part of a larger tree

shanahan's clearly the top of this tree of innovators who all share similarities, what came before clearly influenced kyle but would be a little disingenuous to say that his tree is part of a larger tree...

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
idk man, if you listened to jourdan rodrigue's playcallers series, the other guys in his tree definitely dont feel like they're part of a larger tree

shanahan's clearly the top of this tree of innovators who all share similarities, what came before clearly influenced kyle but would be a little disingenuous to say that his tree is part of a larger tree...
and that's why I said he absolutely has his own tree.

btw, who would you prefer if you had the choice. Kyle Shanahan or Sean McVay?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
as a playcaller and designer, probably shanahan - he's an innovative pyschopath

think mcvay's probably the better head coach though
that's my take as well. Pretty amazing that so many of these HC around that league came from the Redskins and yet they were so devoid of talent they couldn't put it together. Even Slowik was a defensive assistant. Shanahan wanted him to learn defense and see how offenses worked from that angle before going to offense. Slowik then went to work as an analyst for PFF before being hired by Kyle Shanahan as a defensive assistant.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Of all the games this weekend I think the Packers have the best chance at the surprise upset. Love feels like he's on a special run to put himself up there with Favre and Rodgers, and that whole team is playing with a killer instinct.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Put your money on either Detroit or Tampa to make the Super Bowl. Kirk never played Detroit since he got injured, and Tampa beat the Vikings when they had Kirk. The last team Kirk Cousins beat? The 49ers.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I think the Packers studied the game film of what we did to the 49ers. Great stop by the Packers defense. If Deebo is out for any amount of time, that is huge.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I'm sorry but I just don't see Purdy as the long term answer in San Fran. Obviously he's good for what the 49ers do offensively but I just don't see franchise quarterback potential in him. This was my biggest concern going into the year, could Purdy become the guy in San Fran? Or will the 49ers go the route of the Broncos post Manning and waste a great defense figuring out whether they have a Quarterback or not.