• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs. Chiefs (AFC Championship)

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Good to have the company of a respectful opposing fan. Thank you for hanging out with us. Having Allegretti should help soften the blow of losing Thuney. I'm very interesting in the status of Willie Gay. His unavailability helped Allen have running lanes without a trusted sky to shackle him. If he plays, it could be of significant help to your game plan.
Yeah idk why our board has been so weird to him.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
NNadi is a big loss also. He was the plug up the middle at NT. Allegretti is a pretty good backup with good experience. Still a big disappointment
Yea Allegretti is a down grade but he is a very capable back up and played well when Thuney went out. I was actually hoping Thuney would try to gut it out and we would take advantage of his injury

Carptom1

Practice Squad
Good to have the company of a respectful opposing fan. Thank you for hanging out with us. Having Allegretti should help soften the blow of losing Thuney. I'm very interesting in the status of Willie Gay. His unavailability helped Allen have running lanes without a trusted sky to shackle him. If he plays, it could be of significant help to your game plan.

Locally he is saying in interviews that he is playing but spying Allen is one thing, Lamar is a different beast. If Gay ends up going out, Drew Tranquil is equally as good in a lot of ways. We got him on the cheap he wanted out of San Diego so bad.

Carptom1

Practice Squad
It’s all good, I just love football and would rather hear some opposing views than listen to the same crap. I’m not here to beat my own chest or trash anyone’s team. You guys have every right to be optimistic about both Sunday and your future. Like I have said before if Lamar isn’t in the top three then who is?

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I was personally still pissed at those couple of Houston fans that were being cocky and never came back so it was PTSD for me but I’ve since apologized to our resident Chiefs fan lol. He’s a good guy

Carptom1

Practice Squad
he's also generally not bothered playing til the 4th quarter of most games
This is his last chance to shine before being a free agent next year. You will get his best and sometimes it is Donald level in spurts. We won’t be paying him next year but someone will

Carptom1

Practice Squad
Lmfao... yup. Right there with yall

That feeling was so disgusting
Tennessee with Vrabel had a way of mucking things up and making teams play their game. I was at the Championship game that year when the Chiefs beat them. We were grateful we didn’t have to play In Baltimore that day. Vrabel was a good coach but never had a good quarterback, then they traded off most of the pieces he had.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
It’s all good, I just love football and would rather hear some opposing views than listen to the same crap. I’m not here to beat my own chest or trash anyone’s team. You guys have every right to be optimistic about both Sunday and your future. Like I have said before if Lamar isn’t in the top three then who is?
Yeah tbh I think that although Chiefs are playing their best ball at the end of the year hear, this is still one of the most vulnerable teams we've seen from them in awhile if not the most vulnerable during the Mahomes era.

Ravens fans no that it's probably going to require some amount of new processes with respect to the salary cap, good drafting, talent ascension, and health for the Ravens to be back in this position next year. This is probably our best chance we'll have for awhile.

Chiefs are probably going to be a better team next year conversely.

Lamar has to be guy. Right here and right now. I've always completely believed in him. It's usually been the team letting him down. I don't think they will this time.

Carptom1

Practice Squad
Yeah tbh I think that although Chiefs are playing their best ball at the end of the year hear, this is still one of the most vulnerable teams we've seen from them in awhile if not the most vulnerable during the Mahomes era.

Ravens fans no that it's probably going to require some amount of new processes with respect to the salary cap, good drafting, talent ascension, and health for the Ravens to be back in this position next year. This is probably our best chance we'll have for awhile.

Lamar has to be guy. Right here and right now. I've always completely believed in him. It's usually been the team letting him down. I don't think they will this time.
Absolutely agree. Last year everyone said we were screwed without Hill. We ended up being in the top of the league scoring with a much better defense. This year they let Juju go thinking sky Moore would ascend to his level and we would be in roughly the same spot with an even better defense. Moore did not progress and Kelce had a drop off at times. Mix in the drops and it was a mess. It took awhile to realize the team only needed to score 24 points and we would win. Unlike needing 35 + because we couldn’t stop anyone. We are vulnerable but in away we always were, it’s just different now. Rice coming through as a weak #1 has helped. They will fix this in the offseason and your right we should be pretty tough the next couple years.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
If our D dnt get to mahommes, our cbs gonna have to lock up. This isnt stroud and hou oc.
Stroud was getting rid off football real quick. Couldn't do much how our secondary played and wasn't going to risk vs our D line. Mahomes will definitely keep extending plays. Clowney and Oweh will chase him all day.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Nate Taylor said on McAfee show they are hoping Gay can give them some quality snaps but it didn't sound like they're confident he'll be OK. Neck injuries are nasty.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

i still think we will be in the postseason next year, but feel the team just can't be a good next year.

As long as we have Lamar we will always be contenders

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Me waiting on ticket prices to drop.

waiting-skeleton.jpg

I'm about to just say screw it, buy my plane ticket and just fly in Sunday Morning and hope for the best!