• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Nightmare, the Turnovers and the Season's Over

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
So I was watching a video, that went over our running plays and even when the Chiefs were defending the pass we wereen't getting any runs.

In the 2nd half we started off with 2 runs and got 3 yards. The 3 yards was the run to Flowers.

After that we seemed to abandon the run and we ended up getting 75, 11, 19. 6, 4, 39, 55, 74 and 29 yards. I believe the 74 yard drive was the one that started on the 1 yard line and ended in an interception thrown into triple coverage. The drive before that was Flowers fumble on the 1 yard line.

We definitely did much better passing the ball then running the ball vs the Chiefs. However we didn't lose because we abandoned the run. We lost because of multiple bad calls by the refs and multiple turnovers. Those turnovers doomed us, espeially since we should have had atleast 10 points and maybe more if Lamar has a split second longer to pass to Bateman.
Yea in the end the turnovers doomed us, for as good as Flowers played he really did cost us the game

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
So I was watching a video, that went over our running plays and even when the Chiefs were defending the pass we wereen't getting any runs.

In the 2nd half we started off with 2 runs and got 3 yards. The 3 yards was the run to Flowers.

After that we seemed to abandon the run and we ended up getting 75, 11, 19. 6, 4, 39, 55, 74 and 29 yards. I believe the 74 yard drive was the one that started on the 1 yard line and ended in an interception thrown into triple coverage. The drive before that was Flowers fumble on the 1 yard line.

We definitely did much better passing the ball then running the ball vs the Chiefs. However we didn't lose because we abandoned the run. We lost because of multiple bad calls by the refs and multiple turnovers. Those turnovers doomed us, espeially since we should have had atleast 10 points and maybe more if Lamar has a split second longer to pass to Bateman.
Gus had 3 carries and hill had 3 carries.. hill started the game. We didnt even get a chance to see if they could really defend the run. If we are in this position next year, guarantee we run more and lamar will scramble when he should.. just gotta learn from our mistakes.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Never listen to Jason Whitlock. He is the very thing he claims to hate about "race baiters"

This game falls on coaching. I don't care about the narratives and all the noise going on outside.

This kid can't be the answer to the pass and run game and think it will be sustainable. We failed to run the ball. We failed to slow these guys down. and we failed to execute in key moments.

Even the Chiefs knew they had to help Patrick and RAN THE FUCKING BALL so they can set up the play action.

This isn't in defense of Lamar because he needs to play better but if you see your offense is struggling and there are mental mistakes then what the fuck are you doing? Is that not management 101?? Are you not going to call a timeout or huddle and settle your guys down a bit? Seriously.

And by slow these guys down I meant our offense being out of wack and our coaches not reeling them in

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Jason Whitlock says the Ravens fell for a race hoax and wanted to go pass heavy to crown Lamar instead of beating the Chiefs. Now that’s his stint and maybe that’s too far, but it’s also not entirely out of bounds when you talk about Lamar trying to prove himself as a passer to prove the running back, quarterbacky, run the 40, play WR, not smart enough to be a passer type people wrong. Dan Orlowskey said Lamar has to win the super bowl for all of black america.

I mean this loss is going to hurt forever, for whatever reason he did not take off on certain plays when there was so much room to run, I truly hope all of the above and just the football reason of wanting to beat Mahomes passing was not the reason for all of this, and it was just a game where you didn’t see the field well. Because that would be a shame. Either way coaching failed

Never listen to Jason Whitlock. He is the very thing he claims to hate about "race baiters"

This game falls on coaching. I don't care about the narratives and all the noise going on outside.

This kid can't be the answer to the pass and run game and think it will be sustainable. We failed to run the ball. We failed to slow these guys down. and we failed to execute in key moments.

Even the Chiefs knew they had to help Patrick and RAN THE FUCKING BALL so they can set up the play action.

This isn't in defense of Lamar because he needs to play better but if you see your offense is struggling and there are mental mistakes then what the fuck are you doing? Is that not management 101?? Are you not going to call a timeout or huddle and settle your guys down a bit? Seriously.

Mods, I need permission to go in on Whitlock.

I hate that guy and everything he stands for.
I've never taken Whitlock seriously at all and it's for reasons like that. What we saw on Sunday unfortunately is another coaching error that's been repeated over a number of games even with R***n. If he thinks the refs were for us, he must've been watching a completely different game.

One of the issues with Lamar that he needs to get rid of is allowing outside noise to get in his head. FUCK what other people think. Some people will always refer him as a RB. Who gives AF? If anything, I want him to double down and watch the haters squirm and seethe.

As for you @gtalk12 , bruh go in! SAS went off, you might as well too.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I've never taken Whitlock seriously at all and it's for reasons like that. What we saw on Sunday unfortunately is another coaching error that's been repeated over a number of games even with R***n. If he thinks the refs were for us, he must've been watching a completely different game.

One of the issues with Lamar that he needs to get rid of is allowing outside noise to get in his head. FUCK what other people think. Some people will always refer him as a RB. Who gives AF? If anything, I want him to double down and watch the haters squirm and seethe.

While I think Whitlock is a complete moron who knows very little about sports, I do kind of find it "refreshing" to see a Black guy call out other media members for race baiting and using race to create agendas. It 1000% exists, its extremely prevalent, and because of "optics", white people can't say a damn thing about it.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor

I know I thought it would be poetic to have Lamar win the super bowl running 30x a game and not being stopped if possible. It’s just sickening man.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
While I think Whitlock is a complete moron who knows very little about sports, I do kind of find it "refreshing" to see a Black guy call out other media members for race baiting and using race to create agendas. It 1000% exists, its extremely prevalent, and because of "optics", white people can't say a damn thing about it.
It becomes ridiculous too, Russel Wilson, Hurts, Mahomes, Stroud and Doug Williams weren’t black enough I guess

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
We definitely did much better passing the ball then running the ball vs the Chiefs. However we didn't lose because we abandoned the run.
The runnning backs got 6 carries. That's hardly enough to even see if there were cracks in KCs defense. Especially with how gassed they were getting as the game progressed.

And even if the run netted three yards a carry, that still sets up third and managable. The Ravens found themselves behind the sticks too often.

I 100% think the Ravens run drastically more if they're allowed to play that game over.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
I still can’t believe we lost. I truly don’t think I can get excited about this team again until they’re in the super bowl

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Oh of course. I haven't watch much of NFLN to see if they do this as well, but we all know ESPN is prolly the biggest culprit when it comes to these agendas. I think it only works if they continue to bring in the ratings they have.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I’m not saying we need a CMC but we really need a stud at RB to take pressure off Lamar. Someone that the defense needs to game plan for because I’m not sure Justice and Gus are those guys and I don’t want Dobbins back. Keaton is the truth but he’s too slight to handle a large load and we don’t know if he’ll have that same burst coming back from injury. It’s time we looked for our next Rice/Jamal

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m not saying we need a CMC but we really need a stud at RB to take pressure off Lamar. Someone that the defense needs to game plan for because I’m not sure Justice and Gus are those guys and I don’t want Dobbins back. Keaton is the truth but he’s too slight to handle a large load and we don’t know if he’ll have that same burst coming back from injury. It’s time we looked for our next Rice/Jamal
I don't see us investing in a three down back. In this league, it's just hardly worth it. They get injured far too frequently, and plenty of teams do exceptionally well running the ball using 2-3 different backs.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I don't see us investing in a three down back. In this league, it's just hardly worth it. They get injured far too frequently, and plenty of teams do exceptionally well running the ball using 2-3 different backs.
I don’t disagree at all, but at least get 2-3 backs that are better than the ones we currently have lol

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Not to be negative Nancy but do we really think next year Flowers, Lamar, Roquan or Hamilton will all stay healthy? We’re still snake bitten by bad injury luck, we still lost our two best RBs and offensive player this year and considered that a great year health wise. I will never get over this loss