• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Nightmare, the Turnovers and the Season's Over

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
didnt blow it in the 1st half
we were 10 points down at the end of the 1st half and the chiefs didnt score another point the rest of the game...

blew it in the 2nd half by wasting too many opportunities... we lost by 7... we gave up a minimum of 6 (and likely 10) points off turnovers, and we gave the chiefs another 3 themselves from turnovers
The turnovers were terrible, but we killed any momentum we were gaining with personal fouls on both sides of the ball. The whole team lost their composure and the Chef's knew it and exploited it.

Bad loss on both sides of the ball. You can have the little successes like 17 points against, but when you continue to jam your foot on the brake with personal fouls every time you get some progress, that's just childish and it can't be blamed on the refs. We gave them all the ammo they (the refs) needed to make those calls.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
i think that's the point
clearly they didnt trust the room in the end - no other possible way to justify the playcalling/usage today
I don't understand, we've won with them all year. We could have done some more designed runs for Lamar

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
was with you until this
defence gave up 2 drives at the beginning of the game and then nothing after that
I mean at the end. They were great overall. I just mean that there was still a chance to even tie at the end if they make one more play. And despite pitching the shutout 2nd half, they couldn't get that MVS play. It was just another day where we couldn't get anything we needed.

Simba

Staff Member
The offensive game plan seemed so starkly different than the one against the Texans. No plan to try to run the ball and did not adjust against the blitz by crafting some of those shorter routes. Felt like everything took too long to develop. Couple that with a poor OL showing and this is the result

Defense started slow and settled in and did everything they possibly could to keep us in it.

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
It sucks we lost but I'm still proud of this team. This was a entertaining season and Lamar did grow as a player and accomplished a lot. This really not a loss to hang our heads down about in my opinion. It's really just a game that may not have gone the way we would have wanted but this team fought hard and still made history. It sucks to have to wait until next year to see this team play again but this is just another setback if that's what we want to call it to help in the journey of what this team is working towards achieving. I expect Lamar to continue to learn from this and grow a lot further as a player.

I am highly grateful to be a Ravens fan and I could not ask for a better team too root for.

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
I think the DEF played well. What killed them was the personal fouls. The Chef's are sharks and once there was blood in the water, they just continued to play their game and point when we got chippy. They pushed our buttons and won. The OFF, otoh, was just hot ass all game. No rhyme or reason to what they were doing. They looked lost. And were inexplicably going for deep balls the whole game, which was the main strength of the Chef's DEF. It was all stupid.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
These games feature the best of the best, and people are going to get beat on the line and in the secondary. Tournament games have to be played methodically and generally mistake free.
There was some uncharacteristic ill discipline but limiting the mistakes starts with a good plan and then timely adjustments. We did none of that on offense.

The offensive game plan seemed so starkly different than the one against the Texans. No plan to try to run the ball and did not adjust against the blitz by crafting some of those shorter routes. Felt like everything took too long to develop. Couple that with a poor OL showing and this is the result

Defense started slow and settled in and did everything they possibly could to keep us in it.
Yeah can’t blame the D overall, but I would say this was a defensive battle and spags got the best of us today. And actually their D has played very well during the playoffs.