• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Nightmare, the Turnovers and the Season's Over

JAAM

Hall of Famer
This is going to be a weird take to most of you but I don't think Ricard played enough snaps. Before this game we would often have Ricard on the field to act as a sixth O-line when we were having trouble passing the ball and yet we didn't really do that at all this game.
Yup. Should have been a ground and pound game after we tied it 7-7. Easily Monken’s worst called game of the season and it came at an awful time. What the Lions are doing to the Niners is exactly what we should’ve been doing to the Chiefs to even out the TOP

JO_75

Hall of Famer
This is going to be a weird take to most of you but I don't think Ricard played enough snaps. Before this game we would often have Ricard on the field to act as a sixth O-line when we were having trouble passing the ball and yet we didn't really do that at all this game.
It's like we love going away from what works. Watching the Lions run it down the 49ers throat, is just sickening knowing that should have been us.

CanadianRavensFan

Practice Squad
Yup. Should have been a ground and pound game after we tied it 7-7. Easily Monken’s worst called game of the season and it came at an awful time. What the Lions are doing to the Niners is exactly what we should’ve been doing to the Chiefs to even out the TOP
Hell even if we went as pass happy as we were, personally I would have rather had Ricard out there blocking instead of the ghost of Bateman doing nothing

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Not at all. Our offense works best with him in the game. No sacks, no blitzes, holes in the D line galore.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
We played into the strength of their defence by passing SO much and completely ignored their weakness by refusing to run the damn ball. It really is infuriating
This actually makes me think the Lions could win the Super Bowl. The way the Lions are running it against the 49ers, with the Chiefs weakness being the run game? Detroit isn't going to pull a Harbaugh and go away from running the ball out of the blue.

I mean I would understand us giving up on the run game if it wasnt working or we were trailing by a huge score. We didnt even give it a chance. Our strength against their weakness, nah lets do something else. Then the turnovers and the penalties, we were never in the game and its all on us. Fuck blaming the refs, we delivered a steaming turd.

Simba

Staff Member
Remember when Dalvin Cook was going to be a weapon? If the plan was to give him no carries vs Houston until Gus got hurt and legit 0 today, why do Melvin dirty like that?
They trusted Dalvin if he needed to play much more than they trusted Melvin if he needed to play

redrum52

Hall of Famer
The thing that really is sticking with me and making it extra difficult to process this loss:

There’s no big “why”. No big deficit in the team building that can explain the loss and allow us to rebuild and fix the issue for next year…

We just didn’t execute in all the most important moments. The chiefs rose to the occasion in the big moments and we shrank… hard to get past that when trying to have a positive outlook looking forwards

We aren't a clutch team and seem to tighten up in pressure moments. Sad to say. Why? No idea. Thought we were turning the corner then Zay fumbled. I really had faith the entire game up until that point.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
We aren't a clutch team and seem to tighten up in pressure moments. Sad to say. Why? No idea. Thought we were turning the corner then Zay fumbled. I really had faith the entire game up until that point.
Such a demoralizing turnover. That gets us within 3 and Lamar doesn’t force it into triple coverage later on. It’s absolutely insane what that fumble prevented. I can’t blame Zay though. Hell of a play by Snead. But I think we win if we score there. It’s heartbreaking to think about really