• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Nightmare, the Turnovers and the Season's Over

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I generally don't believe conspiracy theories (and by generally, I mean never), but I could get behind the NFL wanting Taylor Swift at the Super Bowl and rigging it in favor of KC.
The NFL constantly flashes the camera on Taylor Swift in the booth during games and the 'Swifties' are watching football and attending games because of Taylor Swift's relationship with Kelce. Also, I heard that his jersey sales have gone up because of their relationship. And, then Kelce, his brother, and Mahomes have been plastered throughout various commercials for weeks. Interesting.

Tank

Hall of Famer
I agree but he’s been around long enough to know it’s rarely the guy that starts it that gets called. Just inserted himself there for absolutely no reason.
Actually I think Kyle was like the 4th man in. Kelce was the one that should have been flagged.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Alright so......

Defense shit the bed the first 2 possessions. Played well for the entire game minus the one stop we needed. Which brings me to the........

....Offense. I knew the WRs weren't gonna do much with Sneed and McDuffie there, but my goodness. I didn't see many quick passes, slants, screens, etc. The running game. I'm almost at a loss of words. This is some G**g R***n type of shit. I need answers from him. It's like they acted they were down 20+ the entire game.

This team lacked composure when shit didn't go their way even in the very beginning. Kelce basically punked us with the warmups and the defense did nothing to make him pay dearly. Refs were total dogshit, but they weren't THE reason why we lost. Zay is a rookie so he'll mature from this and get better (at least we hope).

Lamar Jackson. He will always have a special place in my heart because my first ever Ravens game was his debut as a starter against the Bengals in 2018. I now view him the same way I view other players like Dak, James Harden, and Damian Lillard: don't care how great they are during the regular season since I know all of them will be productive, it's ALLLLL about what they do in the playoffs is where I judge them. Do I think it's a foregone conclusion that we'll never win one with Lamar? No. As long as you make the playoffs relatively healthy, you have a chance. But it's time for him to get over this particular hump. Got over the first hump with flying colors against the Texans, but this is the one.

Despite all of that, Lamar was still let down by his coaching and players, but he too deserves blame.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I don’t think I’ll ever be able to be confident/optimistic heading into any playoff game ever again honestly, especially if we’re a juggernaut entering the postseason

Harbaugh at halftime: "Yeah, we've gotta run the ball more. We've gotta make sure to establish the run."

Harbaugh after the game: "Yeah, it just wasn't the game for it. We didn't really get an opportunity. Our defense wasn't making stops in the second half so we had to pass."
Defense wasnt making stops in the 2nd half...when they allowed 0 points?

JAAM

Hall of Famer
This actually makes me think the Lions could win the Super Bowl. The way the Lions are running it against the 49ers, with the Chiefs weakness being the run game? Detroit isn't going to pull a Harbaugh and go away from running the ball out of the blue.
Hopefully they dont, but Detroit isnt exactly experienced in big games.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
The NFL constantly flashes the camera on Taylor Swift in the booth during games and the 'Swifties' are watching football and attending games because of Taylor Swift's relationship with Kelce. Also, I heard that his jersey sales have gone up because of their relationship. And, then Kelce, his brother, and Mahomes have been plastered throughout various commercials for weeks. Interesting.
I know a lot of people don't want to believe it's possible, and I'm not suggesting it's real, but it's a serious possibility.

The NBA had a ref that was fixing games (Tim Donaghy?) There are horrendous referees that you could believe are fixing NBA games, like Scott Foster. There's terrible MLB umpires, like Angel Hernandez.

With the NFL being an entertainment business and the very deep ties to sites like DraftKings, I could see the NFL having referees influence games. Players and coaches would never get behind it, but referees can do it.

And the thing is- the referees are the most protected class in the NFL, even more than quarterbacks. I could believe it.

I hope everything is all right in Harbs personal life. He is quoting the bible an awful lot these days. I hope there hasnt been some personal tragedy.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
For some reason I thought we sent the house on the last play. We sent 4 and still let him get that separation

Simba

Staff Member
But they didn't trust Justice or Gus either lol. Idk I'm just perplexed
Think there are deeper things at play, like thinking that when you're down, passing is the only way to get back into it. That's largely been our philosophy over the last couple of years... we just haven't been down enough for it to be so blatant.