• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Nightmare, the Turnovers and the Season's Over

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Fire Harbaugh... Bring Belichick home. Belichick will get Lamar multiple rings. Under the condition that Anthony Weaver is the Defensive Coordinator and Matt Patricia and Josh McDaniels are nowhere near our team. If Belichick agrees to not hire McDaniels and Patricia, he can come here and replace Harbaugh.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
It sucks we lost but I'm still proud of this team. This was a entertaining season and Lamar did grow as a player and accomplished a lot. This really not a loss to hang our heads down about in my opinion. It's really just a game that may not have gone the way we would have wanted but this team fought hard and still made history. It sucks to have to wait until next year to see this team play again but this is just another setback if that's what we want to call it to help in the journey of what this team is working towards achieving. I expect Lamar to continue to learn from this and grow a lot further as a player.

I am highly grateful to be a Ravens fan and I could not ask for a better team too root for.
Thank you, we need more of this. Just because we didn't get to or win the super bowl doesn't mean this was a failed season. This team had a lot of accomplishments and they won't be forgotten just because we didn't win the ultimate reward.

Michael M.

Pro Bowler
Thank you, we need more of this. Just because we didn't get to or win the super bowl doesn't mean this was a failed season. This team had a lot of accomplishments and they won't be forgotten just because we didn't win the ultimate reward.
I think they're a great team. I really believed this was their year.

JAAM

Hall of Famer

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor

Carptom1

Practice Squad
Man I am sorry as I know what you guys are feeling. I am also sorry for Zay. What a baller he is. That is as big a game as any receiver has had against us this year. The penalty happens and was just a heat of the moment deal. The fumble at the goal line and his reaction were hard to watch. Finally I really felt bad for Lamar. Sure he missed a couple throws, but this loss is on the offensive game plan. The short and swing passes were working. We have struggled with this all year, I have no idea why it stopped. Your OC put him in a very bad spot. We pressured him a lot, any quarterback would struggle in that situation. I don’t know who on here said Chris Jones was not a power rusher, but he can be a beast.

On the officiating: there were a couple of questionable calls that could have been PI on the Chiefs. On the INT, that was such a bad pass I think the officials just let it play. He wasn’t catching that regardless. They didn’t call many at all. All the personnel fouls were valid and showed some lack of discipline. That also falls on coaches. There was plenty of o-line holding to go around. The two back to back we got were often overlooked at times.

Finally hate him or not Mahomes is one tough dude. The face shot and Clowneys helmet shot made me hurt. I appreciate those of you that welcomed me here.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
View attachment 5902
This would be what I'm talking about.
I also just want to add this completely anecdotally, but I had three instances that stood out to me in my personal life.

1. When I was on dating apps, I had several girls match with me in Travis Kelce jerseys. When I asked about their NFL fandom because that's something obviously big in my life, they responded that they were only into football because of Taylor Swift. I talked to a few girls who said they only watched games to see Taylor Swift.
2. On the same apps, I once came across a profile that had a prompt that read, "Do you agree or disagree that Taylor Swift made Travis Kelce famous?" That one actually really made me mad to read.
3. I was at a restaurant the other week and a girl was eating with her family and she commented something along the lines of, "We've never really seen NFL celebrity couples like this. Taylor Swift is like the first big celebrity to date an athlete." It's blatantly false, but this was someone who probably literally never paid attention to sports until Taylor Swift.

Again, I'm not saying the NFL is definitely rigging games, but I think it'd be very naïve to think it's not a possibility. Women are getting into the NFL, and A LOT of them, in ways that the NFL hasn't seen before thanks to Taylor Swift. The NFL's goal is to make and maximize profits. It's doing them a lot of heavy lifting and good to have Taylor Swift on screen during games.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Man I am sorry as I know what you guys are feeling. I am also sorry for Zay. What a baller he is. That is as big a game as any receiver has had against us this year. The penalty happens and was just a heat of the moment deal. The fumble at the goal line and his reaction were hard to watch. Finally I really felt bad for Lamar. Sure he missed a couple throws, but this loss is on the offensive game plan. The short and swing passes were working. We have struggled with this all year, I have no idea why it stopped. Your OC put him in a very bad spot. We pressured him a lot, any quarterback would struggle in that situation. I don’t know who on here said Chris Jones was not a power rusher, but he can be a beast.

On the officiating: there were a couple of questionable calls that could have been PI on the Chiefs. On the INT, that was such a bad pass I think the officials just let it play. He wasn’t catching that regardless. They didn’t call many at all. All the personnel fouls were valid and showed some lack of discipline. That also falls on coaches. There was plenty of o-line holding to go around. The two back to back we got were often overlooked at times.

Finally hate him or not Mahomes is one tough dude. The face shot and Clowneys helmet shot made me hurt. I appreciate those of you that welcomed me here.
Ma homey played well, and smart.

Kelce got a lot of leeway with taunting, hard to understand given the flag on Zay.