• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Nightmare, the Turnovers and the Season's Over

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
I have yet to get a reasonable reply to the three reasons the Ravens lost sunday. Is anyone willing to listen.?? I Love The Ravens but can't get a reasonable reply from you Raven's fans which I adore. Anyone want to listen again?
What are the 3 reasons?

ginowho

Practice Squad
Are you sure? I thought after the 12 men penalty, that made it second in five. Clock was completely stopped at 2:28. Not running mind you. Again, trying to suffer through this horrible loss with you all.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Are you sure? I thought after the 12 men penalty, that made it second in five. Clock was completely stopped at 2:28. Not running mind you. Again, trying to suffer through this horrible loss with you all.
That shit over my guy.. better team won. Win some and you lose some but you live, you live to fight another day

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Either it’s to save clock because of the game. The loss is very simple I think. I’m actually more convinced the game is on Lamar. I think he wanted to prove critics wrong and it cost us. He got away from running. BmoreBird mentioned how he wanted Lamar to run on the one Bateman pass. I said I was glad he passed it but in hindsight Lamar did that shit all game. He didn’t take the runs and in hindsight he even had that weird out of character run where he looked back and hesitated instead of being decisive. Lamar did not play his game and did not use what makes him a special QB. Refs sucked but I’m more convinced this loss is on Lamar.

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator

It wasn't about stopping the clock. Pacheco finished with a 7 yard gain, and the down was subsequently negated due to the penalty. Which made it a 1st and 5 instead of a 2nd and 3. Given that they'd have 3 plays to gain 5 yards, an overwhelmingly doable feat, Smith attempted to draw a penalty to reset the downs and lose only 5 yards in the process. The referees assessed a personal foul instead of an offsides, and the downs were reset like we wanted, but it cost us an additional 10 yards. We then forced them into a 3rd and long, as we hoped. And they converted the unlikely attempt.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Also this Justin Tucker in the endzone while Mahomes and Kelce are there business, I’m going to say a few things. I think I have a few takeaways on it.

1. Seems rather stupid to warm up there but I’ve never heard of this as an issue until now from anyone. I’m not talking Tucker but any kicker.
2. Does it make Tucker look like a dick? Eh, I can kinda see it but just because this is the first I’ve heard of this ever being a problem I would say no
3. Does this make Patrick & Travis look like dicks? Yes it does to me. I think it makes them both seem like entitled bitches. It’s because Patrick is a QB & Travis is a TE and then you have little old Justin Tucker who is a K. Just feels very spineless to me because you know you won’t be going up against this guy.

I think Mahomes and Kelce are making a big deal of this and shows a lot more on their character than it does Tucker.

GodIsGreat

Veteran
I think Mahomes and Kelce are making a big deal of this and shows a lot more on their character than it does Tucker.
Doesn't matter they won, bullied the ravens on their home field it started pre game transitions to during the game where kelce taunting, creed putting ro on the ground, when you win it doesn't matter

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
We got some soft ass players on our team and in the nfl…aint no way ill let travis kelce act like he all tough towards my kicker.
Very soft! This ain't my 'old school' NFL anymore that is for sure. A few players have that tenacity about them but not that many.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
That shit over my guy.. better team won. Win some and you lose some but you live, you live to fight another day.
Been over! It is what it is. I don't do all of this analyzing and going back and forth about this or that play too much. This was black trash bag week for Ravens players. The analysis is: that with all of that talent, new O.C., receivers, and a slamming defense, the bottom line is that the Raven's season is over. Turn out the lights!

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Would we rather be 10-7, have no one picking us next year then we go on the road and win it all? Is that what this team needs? I just cannot get over how dominate these 2019 and 2023 seasons were that ended in failure

The problem is that Lamar’s too good to go 10-7 so the only time we get to go in as underdogs into the tournament like that is when he’s injured like last year

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Doesn't matter they won, bullied the ravens on their home field it started pre game transitions to during the game where kelce taunting, creed putting ro on the ground, when you win it doesn't matter

Yep they won so they get to make up whatever narrative they want about it and really twist the knife

All we can do is wait a year and hope to make it to the next game