• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2024 Offseason Thread

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Redo the rb room. I wouldn't bring Gus or Rock back. Nothing against Gus more so the cap situation.

Chase needs to be re-signed.

There's 272 games played I think so I'm already ignoring his tweet even though we all know the gameplan sucked.

In the Zay presser he said something that caught my attention about being made aware of how the refs might be in game. If you're told that why the hell didn't our guys show more poise.

Nothing this team does in the regular season will matter and they've earned the choking tag. And unfortunately there's no coaching or FA that will just flip that. There is absolutely no reason to trust these guys in the post season.
Yea, it’s sickening to think how we beat the two NFCcG teams by like 60, among others. It all means absolutely nothing now, we are being clowned by the media

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Looks like Zeitler wants to return, but we'll see.

I heard rumors, and I can't verify if they're well sourced or not, that the Ravens wanted Zeitler to sign an extension, but they wanted to do a one year deal and Zeitler wanted a longer deal. The Ravens didn't want to budge due to his age.

I think there's definite mutual interest, but they'll have to work out the length it seems.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I heard rumors, and I can't verify if they're well sourced or not, that the Ravens wanted Zeitler to sign an extension, but they wanted to do a one year deal and Zeitler wanted a longer deal. The Ravens didn't want to budge due to his age.

I think there's definite mutual interest, but they'll have to work out the length it seems.
I have no idea how deep this OG class, but I'd be cool with keeping Zeitler for another year. Not sure how much off the two parties are.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I have no idea how deep this OG class, but I'd be cool with keeping Zeitler for another year. Not sure how much off the two parties are.
I think it may be years. Zeitler may want a two year deal and the Ravens only want to extend for a year.

Simba

Staff Member
First order of business out of the way

RB Melvin Gordon, FB Ben Mason, WR Laquon Treadwell, WR Dan Chisena, OT Josh Wells, CB Kevon Seymour, CB Tre Swilling, S Andrew Adams not retained immediately.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
First order of business out of the way

RB Melvin Gordon, FB Ben Mason, WR Laquon Treadwell, WR Dan Chisena, OT Josh Wells, CB Kevon Seymour, CB Tre Swilling, S Andrew Adams not retained immediately.

Wasn’t Chisena the guy who was constantly getting downfield on ST as a gunner yesterday?

Simba

Staff Member
Wasn’t Chisena the guy who was constantly getting downfield on ST as a gunner yesterday?
Yep. Wouldn't be shocked if he's back at some point. Not many veterans sign futures deals and he's oddly a veteran apparently lol

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yep. Wouldn't be shocked if he's back at some point. Not many veterans sign futures deals and he's oddly a veteran apparently lol
Yeah I actually would want him back. Sad to say but he looked like one of our best ST of the year in that one game lol

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Redo the rb room. I wouldn't bring Gus or Rock back. Nothing against Gus more so the cap situation.

Chase needs to be re-signed.

There's 272 games played I think so I'm already ignoring his tweet even though we all know the gameplan sucked.

In the Zay presser he said something that caught my attention about being made aware of how the refs might be in game. If you're told that why the hell didn't our guys show more poise.

Nothing this team does in the regular season will matter and they've earned the choking tag. And unfortunately there's no coaching or FA that will just flip that. There is absolutely no reason to trust these guys in the post season.

272 games + playoff games... but 2 offences in each game which is why he's doubled it

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
This FA list in it's entirety is wild...

Agholor, Nelson
Beckham Jr., Odell (effectively)
Clowney, Jadeveon
Cook, Dalvin
Darby, Ronald
Dobbins, JK
Duvernay, Devin
Edwards, Gus
Harrison, Malik
Huntley, Tyler
Johnson, Josh
Madubuike, Justin
Maulet, Arthur
Mustipher, Sam
Ott, Tyler
Phillips, Del'Shawn
Queen, Patrick
Simpson, John
Stone, Geno
Treadwell, Laquon
Urban, Brent
Van Noy, Kyle
Worley, Daryl
Ya-Sin, Rock
Zeitler, Kevin

Going to need to replace a lot of snaps and rely on some young guys to step up. It's looking like a weak draft class but might still need to hedge our bets on a lot of picks to fill some of the depth roles.
On the bright side, there are many guys on this list that can be resigned easily. The wild cards are the big names. Pretty confident that we can either resign/replace the other guys