• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2024 Offseason Thread

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yeah my fault. Knew it was a wr and mixed it up.

And I don't see any way Bateman is gone next year but no chance the option is picked up.
I think they're both ready for a split. If you're not re-signing him, you can try to move him for a day 3 pick to recoup something.

Honestly I think he's back next year as no higher than the 3rd or 4th WR on the depth chart, and that's with me assuming OBJ isn't back either.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I'll honestly be kind of surprised if that happens.
they do have a lot of cap space and can afford him. Just depends on if they want to keep him for another season, because I don't see him getting extended. They also will be losing Boyd.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
the depth of the class might not matter
we need to fill both guard spots
No doubt we need something at G. I think Ravens likely follow their 2023 model where they get a guy in FA and draft a guy, I just think the drafted guy comes a little bit earlier in the draft. I could see us relying on Cleveland to fill RG and bringing him in competition. LG is the biggest concern, but I guess you could always use Mekari there too if absolutely needed. I don’t think we will radically shake up the OL in one year as that rarely solves problems.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
No doubt we need something at G. I think Ravens likely follow their 2023 model where they get a guy in FA and draft a guy, I just think the drafted guy comes a little bit earlier in the draft. I could see us relying on Cleveland to fill RG and bringing him in competition. LG is the biggest concern, but I guess you could always use Mekari there too if absolutely needed. I don’t think we will radically shake up the OL in one year as that rarely solves problems.
I really want Troy fautanu in R1

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
right now fautanu - he's my fave OL because he seems to have some interior flexibility but there's definitely some other OTs i could be into (big senior bowl week for patrick paul, tyler guyton, taliese fuaga), maybe a WR/CB but would depends on who's around
I see fautanu as a G, he’s got some very plus athleticism for a G tho. Kingsley Saumataia I’m a fan of at OT

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I see fautanu as a G, he’s got some very plus athleticism for a G tho. Kingsley Saumataia I’m a fan of at OT

Id be perfectly fine with fautanu at OT too

but he's definitely a guy who looks like he could slide inside and play at an extremely high level - the reason i like that is that it gives you options - he could take over at LG this year with Ronnie at LT and then potentially slide outside to LT if/when Ronnie's gone - he's the perfect guy to implement the Tyron/Tyler Smith plan in Dallas in Baltimore

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Id be perfectly fine with fautanu at OT too

but he's definitely a guy who looks like he could slide inside and play at an extremely high level - the reason i like that is that it gives you options - he could take over at LG this year with Ronnie at LT and then potentially slide outside to LT if/when Ronnie's gone - he's the perfect guy to implement the Tyron/Tyler Smith plan in Dallas in Baltimore
I could see it, he’s got the movement to do it, arm measurements could be a major factor in his draft stock because that might decide the OT/G status as far as being a draft prospect, what he develops into in the pros is another story

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
right now fautanu - he's my fave OL because he seems to have some interior flexibility but there's definitely some other OTs i could be into (big senior bowl week for patrick paul, tyler guyton, taliese fuaga), maybe a WR/CB but would depends on who's around
Dont sleep on the Shrine Game. Some interesting players.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Crispy and refreshing in a way I can't get from other restaurants?

That's oddly specific and not how I think I'll take the news.
Unsolicited Fun fact

All McDonald’s sodas are extra crispy because they use much wider straws than all other fast food restaurants letting a shit ton more carbonation in