• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2024 Offseason Thread

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
I don't get why people always forget this. Another reason I still support Rice. He fucked up and then was honest. The league railroaded him only because of the video and then tried to act like he lied.
I've always thought he got a raw deal too, but that was at a time of hypersensitivity to any kind of domestic or sexual abuse talk. The mere mention of it got the wheels of cancellation moving. And they kept rolling in his case despite the support of his fiance and then getting married soon after. Not saying at all that things like that shouldn't be dealt with, but I've often felt the NFL should step out of the adjudicative part and rely on the courts. If they want to mete out a punishment after, that's fine, but stay out of it in the beginning.

The whole thing was handled in a strange way. And once the tape came out, he was doomed regardless of whether he lied or not. But I think the whole thing put a stink on the Ravens and they probably aren't too likely to be associated with that kind of stink again.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
I've always thought he got a raw deal too, but that was at a time of hypersensitivity to any kind of domestic or sexual abuse talk. The mere mention of it got the wheels of cancellation moving. And they kept rolling in his case despite the support of his fiance and then getting married soon after. Not saying at all that things like that shouldn't be dealt with, but I've often felt the NFL should step out of the adjudicative part and rely on the courts. If they want to mete out a punishment after, that's fine, but stay out of it in the beginning.

The whole thing was handled in a strange way. And once the tape came out, he was doomed regardless of whether he lied or not. But I think the whole thing put a stink on the Ravens and they probably aren't too likely to be associated with that kind of stink again.
Yea unless you’re Joe Mixon you can’t hit a woman on video and still play

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I hate niner fanbase as much as cowboy fanbase. Both obnoxious people. But my hate for Mahomes is greater. Add in how Pfizer Boy disrespected our GOAT's by chucking his helmet and gear.. I hope they get embarrassed.
Yea fuck Kelce’s bitch ass but Tuck is still the GOAT. Gronk > Kelce so it doesn’t hurt as much. I’m in NorCal and I need to see their toxic fans suffer immensely

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yea fuck Kelce’s bitch ass but Tuck is still the GOAT. Gronk > Kelce so it doesn’t hurt as much. I’m in NorCal and I need to see their toxic fans suffer immensely

Lol.. my cousin from San Diego just moved to SF. He told me he rather see his division rivals win today over niners and having to deal with those fans.

I could never.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I'm HIGHKEY rooting for a blowout either way. Chiefs blowout will give me every excuse to not watch the game. Niners blowout will allow me to smoke on that KC Pack.

JAAM

Hall of Famer