• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2024 Offseason Thread

LSURavenFan

Veteran
So the NFL Kickoff game takes place September 5th, and the Orioles are home that weekend. So that means we would have to be on the road if we play Sunday on Week 1. I can also see us on MNF since the Orioles would be starting a series in Boston. Who is our likely week 1 opponent? Has to be Pittsburgh coming into the Bank on MNF to take advantage of Queen coming back to Baltimore, plus us signing Henry.
I like guessing the opening week too lol.

Houston in week one last year seemed odd, but ended up a playoff preview.

I think either the Ravens or Bengals open the season at Arrowhead.

I also think the Harbaugh Bowl is a possibility early in the season in primetime.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
So the NFL Kickoff game takes place September 5th, and the Orioles are home that weekend. So that means we would have to be on the road if we play Sunday on Week 1. I can also see us on MNF since the Orioles would be starting a series in Boston. Who is our likely week 1 opponent? Has to be Pittsburgh coming into the Bank on MNF to take advantage of Queen coming back to Baltimore, plus us signing Henry.
I think good chance the chiefs pick us for the banner game

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I think good chance the chiefs pick us for the banner game
Part of me wants this but another part of me says no. I can see the NFL putting this game toward the middle and end of season to capitalize on it potentially being for the one seed.

Just as random as it was to play Houston, I can see Week 1 be playing in Tampa against Baker and the Bucs. Lamar vs Dak on SNF is an intriguing matchup too.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Congrats Queen!!!!! Get your money!!!

Also...Fuck Queen. All my homies hate Queen.

How would everyone feel about this draft?

Worthy, Kiram, Renardo Green?

Personally I would love it. Not only am I partial to Worthy being from Fresno where he played high school football but I love the idea of crazy speed on the outside with the addition of Henry. Kiram is an interesting player to try at guard this year and then slide to tackle next year. Green I like in that next tier of CBs.

https://twitter.com/TampaBayTre/status/1769718948134572400?s=20

Simba

Staff Member

Personally I would love it. Not only am I partial to Worthy being from Fresno where he played high school football but I love the idea of crazy speed on the outside with the addition of Henry. Kiram is an interesting player to try at guard this year and then slide to tackle next year. Green I like in that next tier of CBs.

Not sure I really buy Worthy as a 1st rounder. Yeah he’s fast but so was John Ross. Seems very much like a one trick pony. It’s a really good trick but there are quite a few negatives to his game that would need to be developed. Not saying he can’t get there but he’s not a super clean prospect to me.

Not sure I really buy Worthy as a 1st rounder. Yeah he’s fast but so was John Ross. Seems very much like a one trick pony. It’s a really good trick but there are quite a few negatives to his game that would need to be developed. Not saying he can’t get there but he’s not a super clean prospect to me.

I agree. He can easily be Ross 2.0 and I’m obviously biased but adding a true deep threat will force defenses into 1v1 coverage on the outside or light boxes. I would prefer AD or Brian Thomas in R1 but they’re both gone in this scenario.

JAAM

Hall of Famer

rossihunter2

Staff Member

worthy's not who id want but i wouldnt hate it - would be a similar style of pick to when we took hollywood in 2019
based on who was available id think amarius mims or tyler guyton would be slam-dunk picks at 30 - Mims is someone who's going to be in and around the top 10 on my board once it's stacked... but even nate wiggins and kool-aid mckinstry i've got well above xavier worthy in terms of grade

ive got worthy as more of a top 40 guy

same kind of deal with kiran amegadjie - he's more of a 3rd rounder for me - full of potential but i think he's a bit too much of a project to be taking in the 2nd round (albeit late in the 2nd)

Renardo Green is a great pick in the 3rd - really underrated guy in the CB group

if i took who he picked for other teams and picked based off that:

R1: Amarius Mims
R2: Edgerrin Cooper (i know LB is not sexy but i think the value there is great)
R3: Patrick Paul (double-dip at OT because the value's so good)

this would be an actual dream draft

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
if Mims is there - i'd be getting antsy about potentially going up and getting him
if he made it to 30 and we didnt take him, id be stunned
Ain’t no way. I don’t see how we have a shot in hell at landing Mims.

I think one of Saumataia or guyton could make a real nice consolation prize tho.

I bet it’s not even a OT though. Gonna be some completely unexpected pick from out of left field because a certain player wasn’t supposed to drop as far as they did.

Think it could be a situation where we’re confident in landing a top 30 talent after a decent trade back, and actually have it work out. I could see the ravens being very high on a guy like Darius Robinson, just as a random example, and land him somewhere in the late 40s.

Last edited:

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Ain’t no way. I don’t see how we have a shot in hell at landing Mims.

I think one of Saumataia or guyton could make a real nice consolation prize tho.

I bet it’s not even a OT though. Gonna be some completely unexpected pick from out of left field because a certain player wasn’t supposed to drop as far as they did.

Think it could be a situation where we’re confident in landing a top 30 talent after a decent trade back, and actually have it work out. I could see the ravens being very high on a guy like Darius Robinson, just as a random example, and land him somewhere in the late 40s.

that's my thinking
just saying in this hypothetical, mims is that guy