• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2024 Offseason Thread

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I am excited to see what kind of defense we are going to have.

This secondary looks insane.

I once again will bring this up. I need to see something from Ojabo and Oweh. We are going on year 3 (really year 2 for Ojabo bc of injury)

Enough is enough with those two. They are holding the pass rush unit back even though we played well despite the lack of production from them. We needed two guys off the street to have career years
oweh may not have had that many sacks but he had a very good win rate and had a lot of pressures. hopefully they can turn into pressures but there is no doubt he's doing well. I hope we give him the 5th year option

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I think EDC will try to handle this one like he did with Bateman. Option is too expensive for what he is showing.
That would be great if he can do this or atleast some sort of extension but Oweh hasn't missed the amount of time that Bateman has

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
There's a chance at some point next year you could see

Mekari Vorhees Linderbaum Cleveland Rosengarten

All at the same time. When was the last time we fielded 5 white OL? Lol

We messed up this draft. Every good Oline group has 1 Samoan in it. This is public knowledge.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’ve mixed opinions on Oweh. Let’s be real here with ourselves:

1. He’s crazy athletic
2. He’s put up pressures but never really finishes in sacks; that’s been a knock since college.
3. I don’t think people game plan around him

Being objective, it’s hard to be excited about Oweh if you’re not a Ravens fan. He’s a classic guy who never really finished. He may turn it on but I think he’s getting close to being what he is. I’m really pulling for the guy but he may be what he is.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’ve mixed opinions on Oweh. Let’s be real here with ourselves:

1. He’s crazy athletic
2. He’s put up pressures but never really finishes in sacks; that’s been a knock since college.
3. I don’t think people game plan around him

Being objective, it’s hard to be excited about Oweh if you’re not a Ravens fan. He’s a classic guy who never really finished. He may turn it on but I think he’s getting close to being what he is. I’m really pulling for the guy but he may be what he is.
What should we expect from someone with 0 sacks his senior year

rossihunter2

Staff Member
For G, it seems a vet might be worth adding. I’m personally not convinced Jones is an option there, but very well could be wrong. But I don’t think it would be anyone with heavy guarantees. Just someone that’s played in the league and can push the young guys.

For RB and WR, I’m thinking Gordon and Treadwell types. Based on health right now, RB3 would be Owen Wright. At WR, Sean Ryan would be WR7.

Wright would be RB4… behind Henry, hill and Ali

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
im not sure about OG
when we didnt get someone on day 2, made it hard to imagine we'd find someone to upgrade one of those positions

we feel pretty confident that ben cleveland can at least give us ok enough play at RG so then it's down to Vorhees, Sala and Josh Jones to find a LG

i think if we sign an OG it's only going to be after we've had a look at Vorhees in year 1 and Sala in year 2 and got some idea of what they look like

i imagine RB and WR are going to be udfas to bring to camp

LB and S could definitely add, moreso at safety than LB
I think there's like 5 guys that are all competing for two spots. I'm not even sure they'd give Cleveland the "upper hand". About as open a competition as it gets.

The only other possibility I see is that they try Mekari at Guard. I know they like him as the swing tackle, but now Faalele would be the 4th Tackle who would I guess be at somewhat risk of being a gameday inactive without injuries.

ILB they re-signed Harrison and Board. Think those would be the two behind Roquan/Simpson.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Ali isn’t healthy right now. Recovering from that torn bicep. May be good to go in TC but might be a slower start.
he's supposed to be cleared in early July. I tore my long head tendon right through my bicep last July and was good to go after 3 months. I didn't need surgery, just a orthopedist and a sports medicine doctor, who specializes in pt and rehab. He works on many NFL athletes, including the Diggs brothers, many of the Commanders players etc... He was really good.

Tank

Hall of Famer
he's supposed to be cleared in early July. I tore my long head tendon right through my bicep last July and was good to go after 3 months. I didn't need surgery, just a orthopedist and a sports medicine doctor, who specializes in pt and rehab. He works on many NFL athletes, including the Diggs brothers, many of the Commanders players etc... He was really good.
Watch out, you may go blind. lol

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
I saw Goodell wants 18 games, i absolutely hate this. Why. If you’re a middling team you probably like it, more chance for injuries to help your cause. If you’re a top tier team like us I can’t stand it, we establish we’re a top team early and nothing really matters until the playoffs, nothing except injuries—which can and always do happen to us (Andrews and Mitchell). This just gets worse with 18 games. What a fucking joke. Get rid of Goodell already, asshole changes stuff every year

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I think there's like 5 guys that are all competing for two spots. I'm not even sure they'd give Cleveland the "upper hand". About as open a competition as it gets.

The only other possibility I see is that they try Mekari at Guard. I know they like him as the swing tackle, but now Faalele would be the 4th Tackle who would I guess be at somewhat risk of being a gameday inactive without injuries.

ILB they re-signed Harrison and Board. Think those would be the two behind Roquan/Simpson.

I think mekari at G is a long shot - they preferred both Cleveland and mustipher to him at G in relief/for injury last year

Even so they’re looking for 2 of Cleveland, Sala, Vorhees, Jones to step up - not sure who else would be in the battle

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I saw Goodell wants 18 games, i absolutely hate this. Why. If you’re a middling team you probably like it, more chance for injuries to help your cause. If you’re a top tier team like us I can’t stand it, we establish we’re a top team early and nothing really matters until the playoffs, nothing except injuries—which can and always do happen to us (Andrews and Mitchell). This just gets worse with 18 games. What a fucking joke. Get rid of Goodell already, asshole changes stuff every year
And it'll pass easily. More revenue for the league = more $ for the Owners. And as much as they like to bitch publicly about how much they hate it, it = more $ for the players.

AND there's the likelihood of the 18th game triggering a second bye week, which will be greatly beneficial to the players.