• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2024 Forum Mock: Discussion Thread

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
Just want to say as someone who played last year and in previous versions of free agency, this version is much better. There is maybe a small adjustment period but it just flows a lot nicer. I think people will be very happy with it compared to a final 5 scramble at the end

It's just nicer to have the chance to spend on the whales right away without having to hoard your monies for a specific period. Adds realism on the macro scale.

Simba

Staff Member
Biggest adjustment is probably just wading through all of the names at once. But no one really slipped through the cracks last year and doubtful it’ll happen this year either.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Just want to say as someone who played last year and in previous versions of free agency, this version is much better. There is maybe a small adjustment period but it just flows a lot nicer. I think people will be very happy with it compared to a final 5 scramble at the end
absolutely and we all thank @Simba for coming up with it.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
And shout out to Inqui from the BR boards back in the day, wherever he may be. We theorized this before it shut down over there so been a long time coming.
He was here for a few years and then stopped posting. I miss seeing his South Park picture

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
And shout out to Inqui from the BR boards back in the day, wherever he may be. We theorized this before it shut down over there so been a long time coming.

Big ups to you guys. And he was a gent. Sucks to not have him around.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
wow, I remember Inqui. We were even talking about doing trying it out "after the 2017 forum mock" was over. Anyone have any idea how to get in touch with Inqui?

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Life sucks when you have a game changing QB not on their rookie deal especially when said QB restructures to help his team after caps are locked lol

Simba

Staff Member
Life sucks when you have a game changing QB not on their rookie deal especially when said QB restructures to help his team after caps are locked lol
1710463540099.png

Simba

Staff Member
Phase 2 of free agency is on track to start either Sunday or Monday at the usual 7pm est. Will confirm as phase 1 starts to wrap up.

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
We will be liking posts with the confirmed winning bids. Just a heads up so that you are aware of what it means.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Have you guys considered adding an element where people (bidders) “give up” to accelerate the dwell time for winning a bid?

Also wondering if we can program a simple bot that accepts bids after being fed a list of items aka players and abstracts this whole process to display highest bid.