• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2024 Forum Mock: Discussion Thread

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
Yea me too I promise I’ll get to it by tomorrow and text my friends. Once I get in a Rythem it’ll be better. Sometimes I get a little lost in what I neee to do and when

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
@Truth, @RavensMania

So I got bored and annoyed one piece lacking automation and created this formula to calculate the total number of players based on entries (i.e., NOT NULL or field not blank) to calculate total cuts, retirements, additions, etc.

```
=56+(COUNTIF(D3:p20, "<>")+COUNTIF(L3, "<>")+COUNTIF(L9:L18, "<>")+COUNTIF(L24:L33, "<>")+COUNTIF(T3:T48, "<>")+COUNTIF(X3:X22, "<>"))-(COUNTIF(L47:L49, "<>")+COUNTIF(P3:p48, "<>")+COUNTIF(X29:X48, "<>"))
```

This is for the >51 or at 51 fields. However, this is also not super efficient. I'd suggest taking these and adding another column to the Final Numbers area to include total players cut, retired, etc. This way we can pull from these raw numbers without an ugly long formula chain lol. You can add an IF ELSE condition, too, to identify IF over 51 or NOT over 51. 56 represents total number of players I (KC started with, for example.

This is the formula to do that

=IF(B32 > 51, B32 - 51, B32)

This means if the value in B32 (just total roster, not <=51) so we could remove B33 and would mean we don't need to autocalculate total roster as it would do it for us.

BTW : P is the smiley emoji. For some reason inline code blocks are erroring

Last edited:

Simba

Staff Member
@Truth, @RavensMania

So I got bored and annoyed one piece lacking automation and created this formula to calculate the total number of players based on entries (i.e., NOT NULL or field not blank) to calculate total cuts, retirements, additions, etc.

```
=56+(COUNTIF(D3:p20, "<>")+COUNTIF(L3, "<>")+COUNTIF(L9:L18, "<>")+COUNTIF(L24:L33, "<>")+COUNTIF(T3:T48, "<>")+COUNTIF(X3:X22, "<>"))-(COUNTIF(L47:L49, "<>")+COUNTIF(P3:p48, "<>")+COUNTIF(X29:X48, "<>"))
```

This is for the >51 or at 51 fields. However, this is also not super efficient. I'd suggest taking these and adding another column to the Final Numbers area to include total players cut, retired, etc. This way we can pull from these raw numbers without an ugly long formula chain lol. You can add an IF ELSE condition, too, to identify IF over 51 or NOT over 51. 56 represents total number of players I (KC started with, for example.

This is the formula to do that

=IF(B32 > 51, B32 - 51, B32)

This means if the value in B32 (just total roster, not <=51) so we could remove B33 and would mean we don't need to autocalculate total roster as it would do it for us.

BTW : P is the smiley emoji. For some reason inline code blocks are erroring
Nerd

:bow:

jmart112189

Practice Squad

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
It's my day job, man. lol. It's sometimes hard to turn it off.

This sounds like an excellent idea. We'll watch it be live-tested and then we'll see if it'll be in implementation. Appreciate you dropping knowledge with the formulas!

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
Anyone who still needs their ERFA or RFA totals can reference the Free Agency section of OTC. You can sort specifically by RFA and ERFA. However, keep in mind that the already signed ones will not show, and they'll need to be found elsewhere.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Anyone who still needs their ERFA or RFA totals can reference the Free Agency section of OTC. You can sort specifically by RFA and ERFA. However, keep in mind that the already signed ones will not show, and they'll need to be found elsewhere.
When was the roster locked again? I have a safety who was a ERFA for the Vikings who re-signed but don't know if it was before we locked the rosters or not.

Simba

Staff Member
Also we've had limited or no activity from the following:

@Giants56Ravens52 @jmart112189 @DaddyDK @Grim @purplepittabread88 @amikeus9000 @LArams11

Understand a couple of you are busy, but also a large group of new players to the game. If you have any questions or need any help to get you going, please reach out and let one of me, @Truth, @RavensMania, or @DaCiderEarl know.
Shout out to those of you that got going - it's appreciated!

Anyone had contact with @amikeus9000 or @Jacquouille (who I forgot to tag in the original)? Think everyone else has either gotten it going or communicated via PM.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
When you see lots of stars available from restructures on the computation hub, but they're all on their last year

Willy-Wonka-Experience-Glasgow-The-Unknown-Oompa-Loompa-Kirsty-Paterson-Video.jpg

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
I'm still alive, just super late. Sorry about that, been busy. Tomorrow should be good to go.

You're good, we're a little flexible with the timeline. If the RFA, ERFA and franchise tags can be submitted an hour prior to the start, say 6 PM EST, they'll still be accepted.

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
I really hope nobody signs Justin Madubuike and gives me two 1st round picks. I would be soooooooo upset, I swear.

Simba

Staff Member
The NFL has adjusted comp picks today and the big board has been updated accordingly. Cincinnati gained a 3rd round pick and had a 6th rounder removed.

If you had a 3rd round comp pick, please check your numbers and adjust your SoF accordingly.

If you had a 6th round comp pick, the Bengals lost the very first comp pick of that round, so everyone's pick will be one slot higher. Please adjust your SoF accordingly.