• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2024 Forum Mock: Discussion Thread

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Ricky Pearsall may be an older prospect but at least it shows in his routes as he is one of the more polished, more cerebral route runners that you'll find coming out of college. He pairs his technique with explosive athleticism and good long speed giving him a very promising projection as a receiver who will be able to separate early and often against NFL defenses. He also has extremely firm hands with a career drop rate of just 3.6% and just 3 drops in his last two seasons making it hard to imagine that he will be anything less than a usefull starter in the league. Teams may be turned off a bit by his breakout age and lack of size or elite level college production but he should absolutely hear his name called on Draft day before the start of the 3rd round.

Simba

Staff Member
Know who I'm taking for the Texans... just making a final decision for the Bills. Won't be long.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Good pick in Roman Wilson, had Pearsall just above him in my rankings.

Wilson was ranked right behind Pearsall on my board. Wilson is a scrappy slot WR, but typically faster than your average slot, which makes him a dangerous weapon in crossers and a route that made up a large chunk of his production at Michigan. He isn't just a straight line threat as he is a swift route runner that can ditch corners on sharp cuts, plus he has terrific hands as he had 1 drop in 2023 on 67 targets.

Good get

Simba

Staff Member
Good pick in Roman Wilson, had Pearsall just above him in my rankings.

Wilson was ranked right behind Pearsall on my board. Wilson is a scrappy slot WR, but typically faster than your average slot, which makes him a dangerous weapon in crossers and a route that made up a large chunk of his production at Michigan. He isn't just a straight line threat as he is a swift route runner that can ditch corners on sharp cuts, plus he has terrific hands as he had 1 drop in 2023 on 67 targets.

Good get
The thing that ultimately sold me on Wilson is that I always wanted more on the tape... not that I expected more from him personally, but just had this feeling that he has a lot more to offer than what he was able to show in that offense.

52520Andrew

Pro Bowler
Great value in Sweat at this point. He would not have lasted.

@52520Andrew Is that how you pay me back for taking DJ Reader, but swiping Sweat from under my nose????

Great pick, btw
Thanks and sorry but not sorry lol

It was between Sweat and Roman Wilson for me there. Hard to pass up Sweat here coming off of losing Reader. Think it would be a great situation for him as well since he would be able to rotate in and out early on to stay fresh(as would most of my D-line at this rate). Really liking how my defense has come together with a lot of talent up front to stop the run and get after the QB to complement youth and speed in the secondary.

Do really like Wilson, he was also an alternative for me on the Legette pick. So many good receivers this year

As for my last few picks,
Steelers got a young, versatile Safety in Javon Bullard, I could see him play all over the field really, be that at Ni or any Safety spot. So a nice piece to pair with Fitzpatrick (Yes I know, it sucks seeing a good guy go to Pittsburgh...)
And the Buccs got a veeeery promising and dynamik pass catcher at Te with Ja´Tavion Sanders, I can see him develop into a great move TE/Big Slot TE, not seeing him doing too much as a blocker, but who knows.
So all in all, pretty happy with what I got in the 2nd round, even though I really wanted Payton Wilson with the Steelers, but he got stolen.

Buffalo_Guy

Practice Squad
I can't believe how many good Corners are in this draft. You don't realize until you're picking in the third round that there are still like 6 that you'll be happy with, and you can go in another direction knowing one will be there in the 4th round (and possibly later.)

Simba

Staff Member
I can't believe how many good Corners are in this draft. You don't realize until you're picking in the third round that there are still like 6 that you'll be happy with, and you can go in another direction knowing one will be there in the 4th round (and possibly later.)
It’s great until your BPA is a CB but then you can’t take him because BPA last time was also a CB

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
and if you can't believe that, then multiply it by 3 and that's the WR class.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
It’s great until your BPA is a CB but then you can’t take him because BPA last time was also a CB
thanos-avengers-infinity-war.gif